Tahu out of Origin.... Monaghan in

I agree tiger05, he shouldn't say that, if that's indeed true (who knows).

I can't imagine someone saying something that offensive that I would leave my team. The NSW team, State of Origin, what most kids dream of playing. This isn't Div 6 in Five Dock. Very, very unprofessional from Tahu and puts the entire team in jeopardy.

How old is he? 10?

@Magpie69 said:
Tahu should have his papers marked," never to represent again", let his mates down big time
Johns should have his papers marked "**Serial d***"**. league can do without him

True true…Johns is a smart a*s who thinks he has a sense of humour, but the truth is he has fresh air between his ears!

Timana Tahu is the biggest "pussy" that ever put a pair of boots on!
Fair Dinkum - The greatest game of all been lowered to this level by ex "Rugby Yawnion" defector who is now the "biggest crybaby" in history!!!!!!!! He has desecrated everything all those great blues players stood for over the past 30 years!
"Boo Hoo" Timana take your football boots & go home to your Mummy and ask her for a "bowl of milk" u CAT.- "You BIG Girl"!!!!!!!
NSW IS A "LAUGHING STOCK"!!!!!!!!!!
GO QUEENSLAND.

What a softie this bloke is. If he was genuinely offended he should have sorted it out like a man and got on with it. Should NEVER be chosen in a representative team again.

Tahu is a bloody blouse….needs a cup of cement to harden up... seriously the guy is having a sook over a racial slur... should have told Johns to F off and get on with it...

flipping sook

Bloody sook. If I ran away from my job and cried every time someone said somehting that I was offended by - I'd be on the bloody dole. I think we're all getting a little too precious these days…......sign of the times. Toughen up you sook. If someone said something that offends you - stand up to them then and there. Don't run away and cry.

I can't believe I've wasted money on an airfare and ticket to SOO2 - it's gonna be a long night!

Tahu needs to harden up?

Wasn't Johns the one who was peaking every weekend because life was oh so hard? They guy's a buffoon. But he'll get another free pass - he probably had a tough week…

Joey shouldn't have said it and I can understand why Tahu was offended, especially because his mother is aboriginal, but I am surprised he left the squad. I hope he spoke to the rest of the squad about it before he left. They probably would have told him to stay.

I admire Tahu greatly for the stance he has taken - he is standing up for his beliefs and principles. Good on him, I say.

The sooner this type of behaviour is out of league the better the game will be at obtaining support from a broader section of the community.

@southerntiger said:
I admire Tahu greatly for the stance he has taken - he is standing up for his beliefs and principles. Good on him, I say.

The sooner this type of behaviour is out of league the better the game will be at obtaining support from a broader section of the community.

Oh please..He gets offended and has a hissy fit and stomps off like a child. If he was a man he would belted Johns in the mouth and then got on with the job.

We can't have NSW Coaches and former Australian Captains calling people black c*nts. Especially when the c*nt he is referring to is an Australian Representative and also happens to be the finest Centre in the game. Especially not in a pre game pep rally.

Who the hell does Andrew Johns think he is? Tahu has absolutely done the right thing.

@Swannie47 said:
@southerntiger said:

Oh please..He gets offended and has a hissy fit and stomps off like a child. If he was a man he would belted Johns in the mouth and then got on with the job.

He's a Dual Code International Footy Player. He's won a Premiership and a Origin Series. So I don't think YOU get to tell him to man up. He has dealt with offensive racist remarks from his coach like a civilized adult. Our code is under attack from Rugby and AFL, and a former Kangaroos Captain and supposedly greatest ever player is getting his boys riled up for a big match by singling out the black c*nts in the other team. If you think that isn't serious, or if you think the only solution for this was for the Aboriginal man to hit the White man back…. then you are just as ignorant and uncooth as Joey Johns is.

@Swannie47 said:
@southerntiger said:

Yes, because violence solves everything.

Joey is a deadset tool. He has twice now brought extremely bad press to the game.

I understand people saying that Tahu should have handled things differently ( he's a walker…thats what he is known for), but at the end of the day, these comments from Johns can not be let go...If no one stands up to racism than it continues, for god sakes it's 2010 - more than half of the contracted players in the NRL aren't "white skinned", including players in his own side who were present when he was trying to be the big man mouthing off.

As a proud Queenslander I cant wait to see how GI will demolish this poofy blues backline and lets not forget about JT, Israel and Sam....I'm sure they don't like the comments much either.

I'm suggesting a victory to the maroons of 30+ and I'm going to find it hillarious.

@TIGERS said:
We can't have NSW Coaches and former Australian Captains calling people black c*nts. Especially when the c*nt he is referring to is an Australian Representative and also happens to be the finest Centre in the game. Especially not in a pre game pep rally.

Who the hell does Andrew Johns think he is? Tahu has absolutely done the right thing.

If i get a racist remark at work, or at school, or in some other committed situation, do I just leave?

There's a difference between standing up for your rights and over reacting. Complain to the NRL, make the remark public, use the racism in the workplace laws to your advantage. There are a plethora of paths.

Leaving the team on the brink of going down 5-0 to Queensland is unacceptable. Especially considering the remark wasn't even directed at Tahu. Geez, how can you possibly praise him for this. HE IS AN ADULT, NOT A CHILD!

@Bismark said:
@TIGERS said:

If i get a racist remark at work, or at school, or in some other committed situation, do I just leave?

There's a difference between standing up for your rights and over reacting. Complain to the NRL, make the remark public, use the racism in the workplace laws to your advantage. There are a plethora of paths.

Leaving the team on the brink of going down 5-0 to Queensland is unacceptable. Especially considering the remark wasn't even directed at Tahu. Geez, how can you possibly praise him for this. HE IS AN ADULT, NOT A CHILD!

I praise him because he did the right thing. Its as simple as that.

@southerntiger said:

He shouldve handled it better though.
Tahu has done nothing wrong, yet now he loses out?
Easy for all of us to comment though without knowing the politics of the squad

If the NSW selectors had a backbone Tahu wouldn't be there and none of this would have happened. Watch Bellamy use this as an excuse now for losing on Wednesday.

Back