Tahu out of Origin.... Monaghan in

@Chris said:
If the NSW selectors had a backbone Tahu wouldn't be there and none of this would have happened. Watch Bellamy use this as an excuse now for losing on Wednesday.

Lose he will….

Qld have been struggling to find motivation since winning Origin became so easy, so I'd say the "Black Fellas" in the Qld camp have all been hand delivered a copy of the Sunday Paper this morning.

Qld by 32 on a dry strip!!!!
:wahoo:

@Chris said:
If the NSW selectors had a backbone Tahu wouldn't be there and none of this would have happened. Watch Bellamy use this as an excuse now for losing on Wednesday.

Wow…way to miss the point

You think all these disruptions wont play their part and should be easily overcome?

@Chris said:

well Joey still would have said what he said, who's to say Monaghan wouldn't have reacted the same way? or any other player for that matter.

Regardless though, walking out is a little over the top as he's letting the whole side down. Since he's known Joey for a while, you'd think the better option would have been to have a word with him about it, if Joey didn't apologise then go up the chain with an official complaint.

Joey needs a good slapping around.

if Joey didn't apologise then go up the chain with an official complaint.

But what if the attitude Johns has is reflected right up that chain throught the blues management?
Then maybe we see a drastic reaction such as what Tahu deemed necessary

@innsaneink said:
@Chris said:

Wow…way to miss the point

You think all these disruptions wont play their part and should be easily overcome?

What I was trying to say is they're going to lose regardless of this incident or not but now instead of blaming poor selections, the NSW selectors will use this incident to save their behinds. As well as that, if the NSW selectors remembered the bagging Tahu gave rugby league when he was at the Waratahs they really shouldn't have condoned it by giving him the NSW jumper from the start.

If only he could have taken Bellamy with him.

Watch Bellyache closely in the coaches box. I guarantee that at one point he will use a phrase almost exactly the same as Johns used

I'll defend league till I'm black and blue, but geez, this stuff still happens? God now I'm just getting embarrassed. The whole game needs a culture overhaul.

@innsaneink said:
if Joey didn't apologise then go up the chain with an official complaint.

But what if the attitude Johns has is reflected right up that chain throught the blues management?
Then maybe we see a drastic reaction such as what Tahu deemed necessary

It's a big if surely? I would hope it's a big if.

If Tahu didn't get anywhere through the blues management (and again I would hope that that would be unlikely), then I would have no problem at all with him walking out to draw media attention to this.

and now Choc has come out with an article…..

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/state-of-origin/indigenous-players-its-time-to-take-a-stand-back-timana-and-boycott-origin-20100612-y4xg.html?rand=1276350698137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@Tigerdave said:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/state-of-origin/indigenous-players-its-time-to-take-a-stand-back-timana-and-boycott-origin-20100612-y4xg.html?rand=1276350698137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gee he gets it so very wrong so very often

I have been called a white $%## on a football field by apposition fans. If I made a complaint I would have been laughed at.

He shouldn't have made the comment but the hypocrisy surrounding this entire issue is astounding

I have to agree with Ink and say Timana could have dealt with this in a different way. Imagine Timana was an ordinary Joe that didn't play football and his mate Frank said something that upset, he'd more or less say something back to him, the pair would discuss it, an apology would be handed out and all would be forgotten. Why Timana didn't firstly approach Joey and said to him that he was insulted by what was said, you'd like to think Joey would have apologized profusely and everything would have worked it's self out. Had Timana gone to Joey and Joey brushed him then yeah, walk out. I think Timana is just being way too precious over this.

@innsaneink said:
@Tigerdave said:

Gee he gets it so very wrong so very often

Yep. He obviously hasn't been in a school for a while … otherwise he'd know about the Norta Norta Program :unamused: Some things never change - Choc ic still a tool.

@smeghead said:
I have been called a white $%## on a football field by apposition fans. If I made a complaint I would have been laughed at.

He shouldn't have made the comment but the hypocrisy surrounding this entire issue is astounding

yeah its funny how that works …..anyhow ...the rot will start to set in after wednesdays nights loss... johns is the first in line who will be looking for another job for the boys ........

@innsaneink said:
@southerntiger said:
I admire Tahu greatly for the stance he has taken - he is standing up for his beliefs and principles. Good on him, I say.

The sooner this type of behaviour is out of league the better the game will be at obtaining support from a broader section of the community.

He shouldve handled it better though.
Tahu has done nothing wrong, yet now he loses out?
Easy for all of us to comment though without knowing the politics of the squad

I dont disagree entirely. However, given the way it played out it seems like Tahu thought about his decision carefully - he may have even discussed it with management. From his comments in the media it seems Tahu made the decision because he hopes this will change some of this toxic culture in league. If that is true, then I applaud the guy.

Toxic culture in league….... :laughing:

Joey tries to use his brain to motivate....and look what happens.....let's blow it all out of proportion and take the focus of winning Origin off the smug toads.....

Brilliant ....

Obviously Tahu feels strongly enough to not want to play.....Fair enough if that's the way he feels then walk out on ya mates,.....don't try and let deeds on the footy field make a statement....

@Geo. said:

Joey tries to use his brain to motivate....and look what happens.....let's blow it all out of proportion and take the focus of winning Origin off the smug toads.....

Brilliant ....

Obviously Tahu feels strongly enough to not want to play.....Fair enough if that's the way he feels then walk out on ya mates,.....don't try and let deeds on the footy field make a statement....

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WHAT????

Joey is a bloody moron mate. He could have used 100 other adjectives to describe GI but a Black C? You really gonna try and defend that?

Cant wait for Wednesday…it's going to be an anihilation :righton:

No …I'm not trying to defend the fact that 1 Joey Johns is a moron...He's proven that time and time again...

What I'm saying is that whilst I dont agree with his actions or words and he should be sacked...He was....

All this has taken the focus away from the only thing that's important .....BEATING QUEENSLAND.... :deadhorse:

Tahu obviously to me can't want to beat them to badly so give the next bloke a go...

@Geo. said:

Brilliant ....

Geo I love the game but generally think the off-field culture is horrible - this kind of behaviour is symbolic of wider problems in the game. I dont think it has been blown out of proportion - this a horrible, hateful thing to say.

How would his deeds on the footy field make a statement? Johns wasnt questioning anyone's talent or ability. They only way that Tahu could make a statement was to do what he did. I have now changed my view on Timana.

I think the mateship argument is crap - at the end of the day this is one football game which pales in comparison to institutionalised racism.

Well Tahu must have felt strongly about it because he would have known that he was basically throwing away his rep career. What Andrew Johns said was silly but I really doubt that he hates people with dark skin. Alot of aussie males say silly things like this just to show off and act tough in front of mates. Aussies always give it to eachother and infact I would say that it's part of the aussie sense of humour to pick on people that are different. Just like when we have always bagged out the english by calling them "pommy ba!#@rds". I'm not saying it is right and I can definately see how people would be offended and could think that Andrew Johns is a racist but I reckon at the time when he said it he didn't think he was doing anything that bad. It is silly though. You have to be careful because people can take things the wrong way. For someone that didn't grow up in Australia or doesn't understand the aussie sense of humour then I can definately understand why they would think Andrew Johns is a racist. Once again Mundine makes a fool out of himself by saying that aboriginals have to play 4 times as good as everyone else to make the rep teams because the selectors are racist. What rubbish.

Back