TAME TUPOU BEGINS HIS PLAYING COMEBACK

G

By Wayne Cousins
15/06/2010 10:11:02 PM
Tame Tupou will make his long awaited comeback from a knee injury at Olympic Park, Melbourne, on Saturday June 19.

Tupou was signed by the Wests Tigers in June last year but has not played a game yet due to a serious knee injury.

The former Brisbane Broncos and Bradford Bulls winger has been named to start in the centres for competition leaders Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers in round 15 of the NSW Cup.

Although he has been named in the centres, Head Coach Tim Sheens has earmarked Tupou to play in the forwards once he makes his debut for the Wests Tigers NRL side.

The match at Olympic Park starts at 2pm.

Why is Sheens so quick to make the assumption he is a forward,let the bloke show if he can handle a 3/4 line position,if he is up to it,a wing spot beckons in the 1st grade team,good luck Tame.

@851 said:
Why is Sheens so quick to make the assumption he is a forward,let the bloke show if he can handle a 3/4 line position,if he is up to it,a wing spot beckons in the 1st grade team,good luck Tame.

we have enough 3/4 depth. more forward depth will be good.

@851 said:

I think Tame was playing Prop in the UK, and this is the reason Sheens signed him…

Good Luck to Tame ….I , like many others Here , wished there was another TT coming back from a long injury as well

@Tiger Watto said:
@851 said:

I think Tame was playing Prop in the UK, and this is the reason Sheens signed him…

Nah mate…....he was playing on the wing.

Don't get your hopes up about this bloke, he'll have to be outstanding to get a spot in first grade this season or next really can't see it happening.

@TIGER said:
Don't get your hopes up about this bloke, he'll have to be outstanding to get a spot in first grade this season or next really can't see it happening.

Agreed. with the current guys going so well, he will probably only get a shot with injuries.

However, there's not too much in being a prop. He just needs to get his match fitness up, run hard and straight and from sheer size, he'll make a bigger impact than most.

But seriously , I don't know how much he was signed on for but why Sheens let Ryan Tandy go for peanuts and we have to wait years for Tame to MAYBE come good , is beyond me…please explain ?

@Aladinsane said:
But seriously , I don't know how much he was signed on for but why Sheens let Ryan Tandy go for peanuts and we have to wait years for Tame to MAYBE come good , is beyond me…please explain ?

I think Tame is on match payments. I know they signed him last year for that before the June 30 deadline… and it was after rigorous medical tests.

With his size and speed, Tame could be something sensational while Tandy is only a bit above average.

With the cheap contract and untapped potential, I think the Tigers have made a good call here.

Tupou and Tandy are not of the same ilk.

Tandy has now gone to the dogs in the last week…

Tupou I think played at 110KG + He is massive.

What side did he play on Left or right wing????

That and Tandy was/probably still is an utter arrogant turd of a human and locker room poison many have said

Ha….should fit right in at the Dogs then.....

Hope big Tame remembers how to play...any position...

@willow said:
By Wayne Cousins
Tame Tupou will make his long awaited comeback from a knee injury at Olympic Park, Melbourne, on Saturday June 19.

Tupou was signed by the Wests Tigers in June last year but has not played a game yet due to a serious knee injury.

The former Brisbane Broncos and Bradford Bulls winger has been named to start in the centres for competition leaders Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers in round 15 of the NSW Cup.

Although he has been named in the centres, **Head Coach Tim Sheens has earmarked Tupou to play in the forwards once he makes his debut for the Wests Tigers NRL side.**

Me thinks he might be somewhere in the Tigers team before the finals?

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
@willow said:
By Wayne Cousins

Although he has been named in the centres, **Head Coach Tim Sheens has earmarked Tupou to play in the forwards once he makes his debut for the Wests Tigers NRL side.**

Me thinks he might be somewhere in the Tigers team before the finals?

If he can recapture some good form, then yes, I think the big fella could offer some good impact off the bench. It will be interesting to see how he comes along over the next month.

Back