Targetting opposition fans.

innsaneink

I heard a report, think it was Dean Ritchie on Zorba & Hollywood program this morning say the Tigers this week
had taken out a full sized ad in the local manly paper, The Manly Daily, publicising the game….like we did with Saints.
NRL pays for clubs to advertise Mon nite games...though saints was a Fri.

Just wondering if there were similar ads in the Cambo & Rozelle local rags...I'm unfortunately resident in the Parra area and dont see these papers..

Any chance any of our fans from north of the harbour could scan the ad?

hahahahahahahahahaha!

Wests Tigers advertising in the Balmain Peninsula?

…only when pigs fly!

I didn't see much success in the Dragons campaign … well there was success getting the opposition to the game because they out yelled the Tigers fans at our home game. I think the crowd was only 15,000 or so which is pretty sad.

Obviously they want to get some Manly fans over the bridge to make some more money, it looks like they want to nullify home ground advantage even more for money.

Judging by the amount of people on here who don't even go to some of our home game I think the Tigers marketing team needs to start in their own backyard…

Maybe we should ask flight…

How they going to promote it....Fibro's V Silvertail scum...

Fox got it as ....Benji's "HOUSE OF PAIN"...lot of pressure on Marshall to live up to the media hype....

We get paid the same no matter how many show at the SFS dont we ?

Why would we want more of them there. The focus should be on getting as many of our fans out there to make up for the home ground advantage we are losing.

Madness as far as i am concerned.

I can't understand it. It's not really a home game anyway but could you imagine Manly or St George advertising in the Leichhardt area or Campbelltown to get Tigers fans to their home games. I hope they are not offering special packages or cheaper entry fees for fans of other teams.

They will get 15 000 Manly fans arrive tomorrow night and the NRL will say - Wow, the Tigers get big numbers on Monday nights, lets pencil them in for six more next year.

@tigergirlz said:
Are you suggesting no-one should turn up.

I really think it should be heavily promoted in the Leichhardt and Campbelltown area. I'm all for marketing it that way. People in Campbelltown are being asked to travel at least an hour to get to a home game, yet these SFS games are being sold to opposition fans.

@Tigerfansince85 said:
We get paid the same no matter how many show at the SFS dont we ?

Why would we want more of them there. The focus should be on getting as many of our fans out there to make up for the home ground advantage we are losing.

Madness as far as i am concerned.

several reasons I would assume
1\. They could have a deal like ANZ make where if they reach a certain crowd, we get half the gate takings.
2\. Create a bit of ATMOSPHERE, it's a dull night at the footy if only 10k turn up.

maybe the SFS are paying for it. Wouldnt that make more sense?

@Geo. said:
Maybe we should ask flight…

How they going to promote it....Fibro's V Silvertail scum...

Fox got it as ....Benji's "HOUSE OF PAIN"...lot of pressure on Marshall to live up to the media hype....

Yes they have been advertising in the Manly Daily, I beleive its not paid for by the West TIgers club though.

Wouldn't the idea be to get people who work in the city and travel from the northern beaches to come to the game after work? It's about gate takings and food and beverage sales and merchandise too…doesn't the home club get a cut of this?

I have just been informed by a work mate of mine who follws Manly [and is coming with me to see them be humiliated tonight] that he saw a "big wests tigers truck with an advertising float behind that was advertising Monday nights game was driving up and down Pitt Water Road yesterday [Sunday] afternoon".

Yeah, they put a full page advert in earlier in the week.

It had the headline 'Can the Sea Eagles tame the Wests Tigers?' It had a background shot of an old Magpies V Manly match (reasonably sure it's a shot of Les Boyd) and in the foreground was a picture of Robbie wearing the Heritage strip on the left and a shot of Watmough on the right side. It didn't look like too much effort was put in to create it as some of the images were photoshopped pretty poorly and parts of the ad were quite pixelated.

The back page was taken up by a big picture of Tuiaki and an article about him. Basically just saying that because he once played some junior football in the area, he should be a Sea Eagle. We really need the vomiting icon at this place.

@innsaneink said:
Any chance any of our fans from north of the harbour could scan the ad?

Will do my best to scan in a copy of both.

ahhh too slow!
\
\
\
\
http://digitaledition.manlydaily.com.au/default.aspx?iid=27763#

Page 37 & Page 40

Cheers,

Flight

Back