Tedesco - No Try

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
When asked in the presser about that Gal replied, its all on video, for all to see
\
\
Yeah, whats on video is the low life you are mate !!!

Wished one of those gutless Rugby League press people had followed up with the comment we saw it and it appeared you took a dive.

100% with you

I thought at the time i wish someone has the balls to say that

I know i would have followed by never being allowed to any presser from there on lol

Ivan said it, he said unlike the other code we dont reward divers but tonight we did.

You know what Tony Archer is going to say.

Doesn't matter what he says, the damage has been done.

Absolutely scandalous decision.

I didn't think he was even holding the jersey - looked to me like was resting his hand on his chest. Vossy put it rather well - even if he was holding the jersey, that is not what caused him to be missing from the defensive line. Might have helped if Patten had watched it at full speed as well.

I would love to have a crack at Woods, but I really don't think he did anything wrong. Just a poor decision.

Do you think it would be no try if it was Darius Boyd scoring for Qld against NSW ?

If anyone is to blame it is Woods.
He should have laughed in Gallen's face for being such an actress.
But nah, NSW buds for life - both idiots.

@ said:
If anyone is to blame it is Woods.
He should have laughed in Gallen's face for being such an actress.
But nah, NSW buds for life - both idiots.

The thing which Gallen did state though after the game is that the player playing the ball cannot interfere with the marker. Yes, Gallen took a dive but Woods DID have his hand on him and Gallen was smart enough to realise that if he hit the deck the bunker would consider it as obstruction.

It's not right as Woods didn't push him or make any real attempt to hold him back, but he shouldn't have grabbed his jersey.

It was just dumb by Woods to grab a jersey, he should know better and Gal just milked it.

It's really dumb that the NRL allows players to get away with "simulation" bloody embarrassing! Should make examples of clowns like Gallen.

It's really dumb that the NRL allows players to get away with "simulation" bloody embarrassing! Should make examples of clowns like Gallen.

Hopefully Gallen goes down like that the next time he gets into a boxing ring and does not get up.

@ said:
That was an absolute brain melt of a decision by the Luke Patten in the bunker to deny that try. Gallen should get an Oscar for that dive.

The NRL run the risk of ending up like soccer where dives are a common disgraceful part of the game.

I have no idea how you can defend that decision! So what if he grabs a jersey? Every player does it, in every play of the ball! Yet there is never any problem…. when the nrl cracks down in this, then I will accept it...until then, given that there was no physical way Gallen would have come anywhere near teddy, that was a deadset try anyway of the week. Well done to the medias effort to bring down the tigers.... it's worked for the bunker...

When the bunker were reviewing the decision I'm sure I head them say at first that the contact was light and didn't impede the player. It was only after another 10 views at different angles did the bunker then decide that he was impeded. Maybe I'm hearing things but I wish they had of gone with their original opinion.

@ said:
When the bunker were reviewing the decision I'm sure I head them say at first that the contact was light and didn't impede the player. It was only after another 10 views at different angles did the bunker then decide that he was impeded. Maybe I'm hearing things but I wish they had of gone with their original opinion.

My recollection too, but that comment may have been the ref or pocket ref

This was probably the worst call in the history of the game. I hope Gallen is happy with himself, then again I guess it's pretty minor compared to all the other shady stuff he's done.

Cuts me how the Sharks are now a media darling team. I wanted them to win over Storms last year, but now they're just grubs.

@ said:
@ said:

My recollection too, but that comment may have been the ref or pocket ref

It was Luke Patton, he said there was minimal contact, at that point he was ready to give the green light..but no.

I would love to see how many other times in that game someone touched the marker after playing the ball.

I was coming to expect the 50/50 calls to keep going against the Tigers, but this one wasn't anywhere near 50/50.

*sigh*

Nothing wrong with the bunker….just the idiots manning it. What don't they get? Unless the decision is clear cut go with the infield ruling. Don't replay it 10 times, they just find reasons not to award. If this is a penalty then half the play the balls could be penalised.

Back