That LEFT edge

@pawsandclaws1 said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319402) said:
Most disappointing was the commentary team advising there was no talk on the left in defence. Leilua J should have been talking with Kepaoa. Young players learn from veterans so by playing Leilua we are doing a disservice to the development of Kepaoa. If he doesn't know that now he never will.

Poor Asu would be well advised not to listen to anything that Joey might say even if there was communication on that left side.

Despite Joey's veteran status, there is nothing in Joey's current play book that would aid in young Asu's development.

Most disappointing was the commentary team advising there was no talk on the left in defence. Leilua J should have been talking with Kepaoa. Young players learn from veterans so by playing Leilua we are doing a disservice to the development of Kepaoa. If he doesn't know that now he never will.

No doubt BJ was rubbish, but surely even you can see Kepaoa is not up to it by now.

Can’t blame Leilua for Kepaoa dropping the ball, which has been his problem all along.

AJ and BJ out, Talau and Mbye in.

@weststigerman said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319449) said:

No doubt BJ was rubbish, but surely even you can see Kepaoa is not up to it by now.

Can’t blame Leilua for Kepaoa dropping the ball, which has been his problem all along.

AJ and BJ out, Talau and Mbye in.

I think Kepaoa is bog

Can BJ speak English...?I’ve heard him being interviewed, didn’t understand a word he said

@jc99 said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1318703) said:
Talau and Mbye need to be on the left next week. They defended pretty well last year together, the attack won't be as good but then again it's pretty crap at the moment

Mbye is not our future...put Hoffman on the wing and Talau at centre

@chainlink said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1318656) said:
Hopefully this sees the end of Madges second experiment with the Leilua brothers together on the left. He’s got it very wrong with this make-up IMO.

Move Garner back to the left edge with Talau at centre.

Move Luciano to right with the Jet.

Move BJ to England or as far away from the team as possible. He is an absolute virus. Laziest and stupidest player I’ve ever watched.

They definitely cannot be on the some side of the field. It doesn't work in defence and it certainly doesn't work in attack.

@hank37w said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319394) said:
And you weren't nervous the times that the Roosters went to the left and Noffo was isolated out there on his own?

The only thing that saved an almost certain try on a couple of occassions was Noffo going for the intercept, which unfortunately didn't quite come off.

But it just went to show that they had us beat on both sides of the field and eventually in the middle as well.

It was just that they mainly targeted our left edge today, but had us beat all over the park anyway.

Both times Nofa went the intercept he’s better off back pedalling and buying time to ride the winger into touch, it wasn’t in the red zone. Those are silly plays late in the count.

@bagnf05 said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319481) said:
And you weren't nervous the times that the Roosters went to the left and Noffo was isolated out there on his own?

The only thing that saved an almost certain try on a couple of occassions was Noffo going for the intercept, which unfortunately didn't quite come off.

But it just went to show that they had us beat on both sides of the field and eventually in the middle as well.

It was just that they mainly targeted our left edge today, but had us beat all over the park anyway.

Both times Nofa went the intercept he’s better off back pedalling and buying time to ride the winger into touch, it wasn’t in the red zone. Those are silly plays late in the count.

Absolutely agree. I said the same during the game. Its a low percentage play, especially late in the tackle count.

@mike said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319485) said:

Absolutely agree. I said the same during the game. Its a low percentage play, especially late in the tackle count.

I lose count of how many plays like that we make every game. I wonder if the boys listen during video sessions because that sort of thing must be repeated week in week out.

They are not wrong. I was a stones throw away from Leilua in the 2nd half and I could hear Laurie screaming quite clearly over him he was that quiet, standing 20 meters behind him

Good defense starts with good communication

Yeah it’s dumb
It’s two extra sets in defence

@bagnf05 said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319486) said:

I lose count of how many plays like that we make every game. I wonder if the boys listen during video sessions because that sort of thing must be repeated week in week out.

Same with the charge downs, very few end up to your advantage.

@speed2burn said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319487) said:

They are not wrong. I was a stones throw away from Leilua in the 2nd half and I could hear Laurie screaming quite clearly over him he was that quiet, standing 20 meters behind him

Good defense starts with good communication

Watch the highlights, that obvious he was just going through the motions to collect his Oporto money

@mike said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319489) said:

Yep, so far two tries conceded off trying to block kicks for no apparent reason

Good teams get the bounce of the ball..can't explain it but it's real..

The charge down from Mbye was good pressure but it bounced straight to the only bloke within cooee Teddy..same as Teddy's 2nd TRY ricochet straight to him..

@willow said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1318665) said:
The left edge with the Leilua brothers defending together is a serious problem.

They can not be allowed to defend together again.

@geo said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319496) said:

The charge down from Mbye was good pressure but it bounced straight to the only bloke within cooee Teddy..same as Teddy's 2nd TRY ricochet straight to him..

More men in the frame. It’s not luck it’s effort.

@kazoo-kid said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1318610) said:
Bro they defended well. All of those players should be picked again next week.

In reserve grade, I agree.

@bagnf05 said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319501) said:
@geo said in [That LEFT edge](/post/1319496) said:

More men in the frame. It’s not luck it’s effort.

Agreed, 5 players pushing up in support of every attacking effort.

Tigers make long breaks and it's maybe 1 player in support.

Staff online

Back