THE 4......THREAD

TSupps05

If you were to let go of one of the 4 (Teddy, Woods, Brooks or Moses) who would you let go of.

IMO it would be Brooks, he has to have and absolute smashing year to keep his place.

Idiot Wiedler is supposed to be on 2MMM this morning with breaking news on the "big 4". I wouldnt take much note of anything he says though.

In the past I have been critical of Wood's taking a few tackles to get back into position. But if correct what Blocker claims that Woods is doing more than his share then it is understandable if he is buggered and slow returning to position. So keep Woods if we believe Blocker.

mate this has been talked at a length in many other posts not sure if we need to start again on the subject, but for me we could loose anyone except Tedesco, but Brooks is the obvious one

@supercoach said:
mate this has been talked at a length in many other posts not sure if we need to start again on the subject, but for me we could loose anyone except Tedesco, but Brooks is the obvious one

Maybe Tsupps05 wanted to be a debutant in creating a thread. His next will probably be about RF.

I wouldn't let anyone of them go. I don't think we have a good enough replacment for Brooks (who is the least valuable of the 4 imo). Unless we were to sign a young half e.g. Croft, Taylor, Elgey

I would let Woods go next but considering he is our club captain, and possibly nsw captain, as well as a soo reggular and has played a handful of tests for australia i wouldn't be letting him go despite the depth.

Tedesco is the best fullback in the comp and is irraplacable.

Moses, if he continues his form from last year, is close to the best half in the comp. If he is consistent and improves his goalkicking he will be a must in our team and must not leave wt.

Hopefully we can keep all 4, as well as a couple more signings.

As long as Rankin and Lovett (the incredible 2) don't go any where, I'm not concerned.

@king sirro said:
Idiot Wiedler is supposed to be on 2MMM this morning with breaking news on the "big 4". I wouldnt take much note of anything he says though.

Waste of oxygen…

They have a battle on their hands...wow what a scoop...

@Byron Bay Fan said:
@supercoach said:

Maybe Tsupps05 wanted to be a debutant in creating a thread. His next will probably be about RF.

Let's stick to our club and our players eh!
Let other Forums talk about their players.

@TSupps05 said:
If you were to let go of one of the 4 (Teddy, Woods, Brooks or Moses) who would you let go of.

IMO it would be Brooks, he has to have and absolute smashing year to keep his place.

Impossible to say unless you know how much they cost. Brooks on $500k is well worth keeping. Tedesco on $3 has to go.

It's like: would you rather have a Ferrari or a Lexus? The Ferrari, right? Well what if I told you the Ferrari costs $10m and the Lexus is free?

we have released a lot more players from 2016 than what we have purchased for 2017\. not many of these players would have been on big coin but a few would have been on more than the base salary. The only thing of concern is that we are paying other clubs to take some of our players which comes off our cap. hopefully we have free enough cash to pay the Big 4 market value.

Wests Tigers
Ins: Jamal Idris (free agent), Matt McIlwrick (Sharks)

Outs: Josh Addo-Carr (Storm), Jack Buchanan (Widnes), Josh Drinkwater (released), Asipeli Fine (Bulldogs), Lamar Liolevave (Bulldogs), Billy McConnachie (released), Jesse Parahi (Rugby Sevens), Manaia Cherrington (Sharks), Dene Halatau (retirement), Robbie Farah (Rabbitohs), Curtis Sironen (Sea Eagles), Chance Peni (rugby union), Rod Griffin (Bulldogs)

Danny Wiedler exclusives are like:

"Many clubs are interested in signing good players"

"Every club has half their squad off contract, and the Tigers do too and they're a basketcase for letting this happen"

"The Tigers have re-signed a promising junior and senior players are upset by this"

How this person gets a job in the media is beyond me. Anyone who believes anything he says is a gullible moron.

@2041 said:
@TSupps05 said:

Impossible to say unless you know how much they cost. Brooks on $500k is well worth keeping. Tedesco on $3 has to go.

It's like: would you rather have a Ferrari or a Lexus? The Ferrari, right? Well what if I told you the Ferrari costs $10m and the Lexus is free?

I'd still want the ferrari, but take the lexus anyway :laughing: .

@Balmain Boy said:
Danny Wiedler exclusives are like:

"Many clubs are interested in signing good players"

"Every club has half their squad off contract, and the Tigers do too and they're a basketcase for letting this happen"

"The Tigers have re-signed a promising junior and senior players are upset by this"

How this person gets a job in the media is beyond me. Anyone who believes anything he says is a gullible moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2FVuqcctDk

@Tiger Come Lately said:
As long as Rankin and Lovett (the incredible 2) don't go any where, I'm not concerned.

My teeth just fell out, and i don't even have dentures.

@Twodogs said:
@Tiger Come Lately said:

My teeth just fell out, and i don't even have dentures.

My teeth did as well, only it was when they were selected for their second game of NRL with us. :laughing:

I shouldn't say that both are better footballers than i ever was but, hey its nearly footy season and the last couple of weeks with talk of Simona going and no news on the big 4 its all starting to get to me.

Im also cutting back on drinking and going on a bit of a health kick which also doing my head in.

@Tigerdon said:
we have released a lot more players from 2016 than what we have purchased for 2017\. not many of these players would have been on big coin but a few would have been on more than the base salary. The only thing of concern is that we are paying other clubs to take some of our players which comes off our cap. hopefully we have free enough cash to pay the Big 4 market value.

Wests Tigers
Ins: Jamal Idris (free agent), Matt McIlwrick (Sharks)

Outs: Josh Addo-Carr (Storm), Jack Buchanan (Widnes), Josh Drinkwater (released), Asipeli Fine (Bulldogs), Lamar Liolevave (Bulldogs), Billy McConnachie (released), Jesse Parahi (Rugby Sevens), Manaia Cherrington (Sharks), Dene Halatau (retirement), Robbie Farah (Rabbitohs), Curtis Sironen (Sea Eagles), Chance Peni (rugby union), Rod Griffin (Bulldogs)

Whilst thats a long list of outs…none of those I would make a play for if they were coming from other clubs...

What confuses me about this whole Big 4 talk is that people seem to forget if we don't sign any one of them we will have the large amount of cash they were being offered to splash around either on another individual player or on upgrading our squad across the board which is something we could afford to do given we have almost our whole squad off contract.

Perhaps our approach is to only attempt to genuinely sign 3 of them and let one go meaning we can upgrade in other positions. Especially when you remember the cap is going up significantly and also we have 700k coming off our cap prob a mill really if you look at the money we are paying for Farah and Sironen this year.

Back