THE 4......THREAD

Would give Moses away for free before losing Tedesco.
Moses seems to have that super-cocky attitude where everything is about himself, ego seems to run the show with him from an outsider's viewpoint. Would be stoked if he continued his gradual improvement from the back end of last year and played his career out with our club but he really seems to have the my-dumps-don't-stink attitude that will see him go to the highest bidder IMO.
Would like to be proven wrong but I think Woods and Ted are very much shorter odds to be long term Tigers than what Moses is.

So over all the talk about the 'so called' big 4'. How they can even be considered to be a big 4 is beyond me - we haven't been anywhere near a Premiership with any of them in the team. Ridiculous, unwarranted media hype!

@Fade To Black said:
Moses seems to have that super-cocky attitude where everything is about himself, ego seems to run the show with him from an outsider's viewpoint. Would be stoked if he continued his gradual improvement from the back end of last year and played his career out with our club but he really seems to have the my-dumps-don't-stink attitude that will see him go to the highest bidder IMO.
Would like to be proven wrong but I think Woods and Ted are very much shorter odds to be long term Tigers than what Moses is.

Would you rather he be like Brooks?
Quiet, shy, uncomfortable with media.
Confidence and exuberence is what I want in a playmaker…his 80 on the field is what matters.
That said I think I agree on your odds :frowning:

@jadtiger said:
@Byron Bay Fan said:
Mitch Moses from the above article: “It’s a business these days, players get pushed out and things happen,” Moses echoes in another chat, finishing the same thought that started on a similar train.
–----------------------------------
I suppose this approach by clubs will result in top players squeezing as much as possible every year not knowing where they will be next year.

Unfortunately that is "full time professionalism" at its worst.Players and coaches come and go chasing the dollar and clubs treat them like sides of beef.It is us **the supporters who are always there and always will be** that know what loyalty to a club is.

Interesting observation. Some time ago I was talking to a mate (Souths supporter) who was saying that he really doesn't follow the Bunnies as much as he used to he's more into just watching the competition as a whole. Another mate (Dragons supporter) is much the same. He still follows the Dragons but is less interested in how they go than how his Fantasy team is going. I see a similar attitude in many posts on this forum with members saying they are less enthusiastic about the team and or coming season.
You no longer have many one team players. Your 'team' is no longer a team per-se from season to season. Because of the obvious lack of loyalty from clubs to players, Im wondering if the future is going to be less people loyally following a particular team and more following the general comp and Fantasy.
Just a thought.

@NT Tiger said:
@jadtiger said:
@Byron Bay Fan said:
Mitch Moses from the above article: “It’s a business these days, players get pushed out and things happen,” Moses echoes in another chat, finishing the same thought that started on a similar train.
–----------------------------------
I suppose this approach by clubs will result in top players squeezing as much as possible every year not knowing where they will be next year.

Unfortunately that is "full time professionalism" at its worst.Players and coaches come and go chasing the dollar and clubs treat them like sides of beef.It is us **the supporters who are always there and always will be** that know what loyalty to a club is.

Interesting observation. Some time ago I was talking to a mate (Souths supporter) who was saying that he really doesn't follow the Bunnies as much as he used to he's more into just watching the competition as a whole. Another mate (Dragons supporter) is much the same. He still follows the Dragons but is less interested in how they go than how his Fantasy team is going. I see a similar attitude in many posts on this forum with members saying they are less enthusiastic about the team and or coming season
You no longer have many one team players. Your 'team' is no longer a team per-se from season to season. Because of the obvious lack of loyalty from clubs to players, Im wondering if the future is going to be less people loyally following a particular team and more following the general comp and Fantasy.
Just a thought.

I think it is a very real possibility. The problem I see with whats happening is that game isn't big enough for individual clubs to survive without an active supporter base and if fans lose that connection can't see all the clubs surviving especially in Sydney.

Benny Elias says Luke Brooks would be the perfect replacement for Ben Hunt

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
February 14, 2017 7:00pm
Subscriber only

NSW Origin great Benny Elias says Tigers young gun Luke Brooks could be a superstar signing for a Broncos club that doesn’t appreciate Ben Hunt.

Elias, a former Wests Tigers director, applauded Hunt for signing a $6 million deal with the Dragons, claiming the Broncos don’t truly value his skill set that steered the club to the 2015 grand final.

Tigers duo Brooks and Mitchell Moses are the two most promising halves off-contract at a time when Broncos coach Wayne Bennett is weighing up how best to replace Hunt next season.

The Tigers are battling salary-cap pressures as they fight to retain their Big Four of Moses, Brooks, James Tedesco and Aaron Woods.

Hunt will leave the Broncos for St George Illawarra at the end of the season.
There is a sentiment one player must go and Elias concedes Bennett could turn the 22-year-old Brooks into an NRL superstar.

“Luke would be a fantastic signing for the Broncos,” said Elias, the uncle of Brooks’ halves partner Moses.

“Look, I hope Luke stays at the Tigers because he has the best years ahead of him, but with Mitchell, they are the best young playmakers on the market.

“Under Wayne Bennett, Luke would be an absolute superstar for the Broncos.

“I’m a big fan of him, he’s a terrific kid.

“Luke Brooks reminds me a lot of Ben Hunt. They are similar in the way they play, they are similar in stature, their footballing qualities are very similar so if Wayne can get him at a cheaper rate than Ben Hunt, it’s a good business deal.”

Elias, a veteran of 22 Origin matches and 14 Tests, scoffed at suggestions Hunt has never recovered from his kick-off blunder in Brisbane’s grand-final loss to the Cowboys.

Hunt has copped brickbats from Broncos fans, largely over his inconsistent kicking game, but Elias believes the Brisbane No. 7 will be sorely missed.

“To be honest, I think he is under-appreciated at the Broncos,” the Balmain legend said.

“I’m surprised they lost Ben, he’s a great player, I’m a really big fan of his.

“I don’t know Ben personally, but every time I watch him play I admire his skills and his humility. The Broncos should never have lost him, but the Dragons needed a halfback and Hunt will deliver for them.

“The Broncos now have to look at the market.

“Luke would perfectly complement Anthony Milford. Miflord can do the fancy stuff, while Luke can steer the team around.

“Brooks didn’t have his best season last year but he has matured. He understands the pressures of the NRL and last year he learned a lot about what’s required to succeed.

“It’s a big ask for the Tigers to keep all four guys, so a young player like Luke would only get better under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/broncos/benny-elias-says-luke-brooks-would-be-the-perfect-replacement-for-ben-hunt/news-story/8da4d37777dc8338cb345b6da31de3f7

:laughing: :laughing: Thought BDB had been quiet…

Bumbling Benny, Must be short of stories, Go to the Brisbane Luke. That leaves more money for Mitch.

@Byron Bay Fan said:
@Donald Trump said:
1 - Moses
2 - Teddy
3 - Woods
4 - Nofo
\
\
25 - Brooks

Fill in the other numbers

That's how I roll

Maybe I can see where you are coming from. Teddy is fantastic in attack but Moses position is much more important. So there is more importance on Moses to get it right, of course also depending on general strength of team.

Brooks has a heap of talent and statistically up there with lack of quality halves in the competition. We have done the hard work it would be a bad move to cut and run now.

@TYGA said:
@Boonboon2 said:
What confuses me about this whole Big 4 talk is that people seem to forget if we don't sign any one of them we will have the large amount of cash they were being offered to splash around either on another individual player or on upgrading our squad across the board which is something we could afford to do given we have almost our whole squad off contract.

Perhaps our approach is to only attempt to genuinely sign 3 of them and let one go meaning we can upgrade in other positions. Especially when you remember the cap is going up significantly and also we have 700k coming off our cap prob a mill really if you look at the money we are paying for Farah and Sironen this year.

Who was the last big name sought after player we have ever signed? We are a club that battles with no finance, bad training facilities, poor coaching as we go cheap, no third party deals. We have to keep our own it's the only way. Supplement with senior players or players looking for an opportunity. Aside from the rumoured Simona farce and JAC we were on the right track.
Aloai and ET were good moves and hopefully Idris pays off. Issue is we field too many plodders Lovett, Rankin, Ballin, Edwards etc and they get targeted.

Good post TYGA. I think the club must replace players such as Ballin, Rankin, LJL with promising juniors. In that way we have the benefit of more talented, albeit less experienced players to complement the established players in the team, This would mean a window of 2 to 3 years to compete for a premiership before the big clubs come calling.

We are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't. If we sign the big four or big three, what sort of funds are we going to have left to be able to pick 12 or 13 players around them that are up to NRL standard??? Of course on the other hand if they walk what chance do we have of attracting anything of quality to replace them with. We might end up with lots and lots of cap space, but attracting quality players to a team that as low on talent is not easy.

I do get the feeling if one of the three kids decides to jump ship the other two will follow. I am not sure about Woods I think he will probably stay. Anyway I am feeling a little uneasy about what might happen when these contracts are sorted either way although I would rather sign them and take a risk that we can assemble a team around them, than try and buy a new team without them

@TYGA said:
@Byron Bay Fan said:
@Donald Trump said:
1 - Moses
2 - Teddy
3 - Woods
4 - Nofo
\
\
25 - Brooks

That's how I roll

Maybe I can see where you are coming from. Teddy is fantastic in attack but Moses position is much more important. So there is more importance on Moses to get it right, of course also depending on general strength of team.

Brooks has a heap of talent and statistically up there with lack of quality halves in the competition. We have done the hard work it would be a bad move to cut and run now.

Agree, these posts about losing Brooks are hard to fathom. Halves are the most valuable players on the field. Both our halves have been playing behind a pack with most of the time is well beaten.

@Pawsandclaws said:
@TYGA said:
@Byron Bay Fan said:
@Donald Trump said:
1 - Moses
2 - Teddy
3 - Woods
4 - Nofo
\
\
25 - Brooks

That's how I roll

Agree, these posts about losing Brooks are hard to fathom. Halves are the most valuable players on the field. Both our halves have been playing behind a pack with most of the time is well beaten.

Iam with you, okay Brooks had a up and down year last year but so did all his mates. People should cast their minds back to a few of the no7s we have tried in the past, most them made Brooks form last year look like Johns at his best!!!

@Fade To Black said:

Think it is a desired attitude FTB.

If you take away Moses's cocky attitude and ego, and the confidence to back yourself that it brings to the table - what are you left with….. I'll tell you

BROOKS (who would you rather sign)

Good on you Benny!!!!!

The Wests Tigers just need friends like you and Roach.

Hey Broncos - come and take Brooks off our hands (at the very least up his price)

What about …..?

The best thing you could do is "Shut your Mouth"

You did enough damage over the Balmain Leagues Club.

What are doing now - trying to undermine the Wests Tigers!

Where did they pick up the rock that Benny was hiding under. Surprised he doesn't try to tack another dodgy business proposition onto the article. Someone should have asked him how the Balmain leagues club deal he negotiated is working out. Probably great for him, not so good for the club or the developer.

@TYGA said:
@Byron Bay Fan said:
@Donald Trump said:
1 - Moses
2 - Teddy
3 - Woods
4 - Nofo
\
\
25 - Brooks

That's how I roll

I hope Uncle Benny was not casting any aspersions on JT's coaching - sort of comparing him to Uncle Wayne?

Is that the section about Uncle Wayne turning Luke into an NRL superstar? Hard to argue with Benny on that point.

The Big 4 are a caravan park with wonderful facilities for all the family!

Latest posts

Members online

Back