Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

When Richardson was announced as interim CEO, I wasn’t surprised. He’s close to Tony Crawford, the co-author of the review commissioned by the Holman and Barnes faction at the Tigers.

He’s also been looking for a job. Since leaving South Sydney during COVID-19, he’s been a consultant on various projects, but the big man’s ego and appetite for running football teams made it hard for him to stay away.

St George Illawarra director Peter Doust wanted him to become the club’s head of football, but the idea was rebuffed by WIN directors.

Turning around a Hot Mess Express such as the Tigers looms as Richardson’s biggest challenge, and that’s saying something when you consider how broken Souths were when he joined them in the early 2000s.

For years, it’s been difficult to know where the power resides at the Tigers.

Mostly, it was with chairman Lee Hagipantelis, who constantly tested his remit by getting involved in football matters.

A key condition of Richardson coming on board was that he answers solely to new chair Barry O’Farrell, but he’s already made it clear who wears the big pants at the club.

Head of recruitment Scott Fulton was desperate to secure Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake from 2025, but Richardson came over the top and scuppered those negotiations so more money could be thrown at Luai.

It makes you wonder how long Fulton, who was hired directly by Hagipantelis, can last.

Richardson has a six-month contract but could stay beyond that if he likes the direction of the club.

Let’s see if he can land Luai, who’s on the hook but not yet in the boat.

What is off the table is the idea of Luai coming a year early. The Tigers don’t have the cap space and the Panthers have made it clear they won’t let him go.

Which makes for an interesting ride given the clear animosity between Luai and Penrith.

The three-time premiers have managed the departure of players in the past three seasons with aplomb, but Luai is the team’s “chief energy officer”, a much-loved player and close friend of Nathan Cleary.

Managing Luai — who has brushed training all week — is going to be their toughest test so far in defending their title.

Same article, two differing versions...the other very little about Richardson & Crawford

When Richardson was announced as interim CEO, I wasn’t surprised. He’s close to Tony Crawford, the co-author of the review commissioned by the Holman and Barnes faction at the Tigers.

He’s also been looking for a job. Since leaving South Sydney during COVID-19, he’s been a consultant on various projects, but the big man’s ego and appetite for running football teams made it hard for him to stay away.

St George Illawarra director Peter Doust wanted him to become the club’s head of football, but the idea was rebuffed by WIN directors.

Turning around a Hot Mess Express such as the Tigers looms as Richardson’s biggest challenge, and that’s saying something when you consider how broken Souths were when he joined them in the early 2000s.

For years, it’s been difficult to know where the power resides at the Tigers.

Mostly, it was with chairman Lee Hagipantelis, who constantly tested his remit by getting involved in football matters.

A key condition of Richardson coming on board was that he answers solely to new chair Barry O’Farrell, but he’s already made it clear who wears the big pants at the club.

Head of recruitment Scott Fulton was desperate to secure Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake from 2025, but Richardson came over the top and scuppered those negotiations so more money could be thrown at Luai.

It makes you wonder how long Fulton, who was hired directly by Hagipantelis, can last.

Richardson has a six-month contract but could stay beyond that if he likes the direction of the club.

Let’s see if he can land Luai, who’s on the hook but not yet in the boat.

What is off the table is the idea of Luai coming a year early. The Tigers don’t have the cap space and the Panthers have made it clear they won’t let him go.

Which makes for an interesting ride given the clear animosity between Luai and Penrith.

The three-time premiers have managed the departure of players in the past three seasons with aplomb, but Luai is the team’s “chief energy officer”, a much-loved player and close friend of Nathan Cleary.

Managing Luai — who has brushed training all week — is going to be their toughest test so far in defending their title.

Whilst you say the power resided with Lee, I’m not so sure. In my experience there is usually a greater power “behind the throne” and whilst Lee has always been out there, maybe there are others who were glad to see him knifed. They may have actually sharpened the blade.
Anyway, only matters now if they haven’t achieved their primary objective.
Interesting times ahead !!!!

Pretty decent wire pullers if one considers their mates carried our a review for free and then helped parachute a top tier CEO seamlessly into the role.

Had some pretty decent contacts it seems.

Last edited:
Yeah me too they only seem to have a facebook or insta page...small fry
Only registered for an ABN in June this year. Owner just joined LinkedIn a couple of months ago…
What does it cost to be a shorts sponsor these days?

Only registered for an ABN in June this year. Owner just joined LinkedIn a couple of months ago…
What does it cost to be a shorts sponsor these days?

6 figures I'd say 200k+. Shifty leb construction
company lmao. Pascoe did the deal months
ago. I like the streamline look of the logo

6 figures I'd say 200k+. Shifty leb construction
company lmao. Pascoe did the deal months
ago. I like the streamline look of the logo
Lol

Glad to be rid of Pascoe but gee......still bringing in the mulla.

Anyway obviously when we win the premiership next year it will be thanks to the old administration.......
.......but the new administration will be why we make it a three peat.

Lol

Glad to be rid of Pascoe but gee......still bringing in the mulla.

Anyway obviously when we win the premiership next year it will be thanks to the old administration.......
.......but the new administration will be why we make it a three peat.

Haha for sure bro. Lighting can strike twice
in the same spot. I can see us going on
another fairytale run in the near future...
everything is lining up, I think Benji
will be good 4 us. I have enough shit it my
life to be pessimistic about, the club offers
some sort of hope at least - especially with
the changing of the guard. Top 8 will do 2 lol

Haha for sure bro. Lighting can strike twice
in the same spot. I can see us going on
another fairytale run in the near future...
everything is lining up, I think Benji
will be good 4 us. I have enough shit it my
life to be pessimistic about, the club offers
some sort of hope at least - especially with
the changing of the guard. Top 8 will do 2 lol
Our club doesn't normally sneak into 8.........

we go from 9th to top 4.

But yeah, got into wrong businesses........should've been construction or massage parlors lol.....like some mates I know forever changing their construction company name lol.

Last edited:
Our club doesn't normally sneak into 8.........

we go from 9th to top 4.

But yeah, got into wrong businesses........should've been construction or massage.....like some mates I know forever changing their construction company name lol.

Developers are the shoddiest kents bro.
profit margins are high because they use
shit material and tradesmen. Not like back
in your dads and my dads days. It's all
quantity over quality, workmanship sucks,
buildings don't last 10 years without major
issues. Don't even care about retention $
either. Dirtiest game construction biz

Developers are the shoddiest kents bro.
profit margins are high because they use
shit material and tradesmen. Not like back
in your dads and my dads days. It's all
quantity over quality, workmanship sucks,
buildings don't last 10 years without major
issues. Don't even care about retention $
either. Dirtiest game construction biz
I would never ever buy an apartment no matter how ritzy and flash it appeared. Lipstick on a pig.
I follow David Chandler on LinkedIn. That dude is beating his head against a wall with current builders.

I would never ever buy an apartment no matter how ritzy and flash it appeared. Lipstick on a pig.
I follow David Chandler on LinkedIn. That dude is beating his head against a wall with current builders.
In the late 80s early 90s it was nearly impossible for a young bloke to get an apprenticeship, even if his old man was a tradie.

Back then builders would struggle to get a job doing a pergola.

But buildings usually just didn’t collapse lol.

But then look at Burwood for instance....40 story flats.....just couldn't Imagine it 25 years ago.

And Mayor I know told me population will triple in 20 years time.

You'd have to be nuts buying something anything built in the last 25 years...
And it's not just apartments

📸 Watch this video on Facebook

My old company managed Opal towers in Olympic park... That places reputation has turned to shit & those owners have lost millions.... Who'd buy there now?
The repair bill is now in excess of $50m

Aost 5 years to the day

Back