THE BOARD - Tell them what you think of their performance, now!

I haven’t paid a lot of attention to our pathways considering how poorly our juniors have played over the last 3 years.

My question is who’s Betsey, what’s his footy background, and why is he now ‘interim’ head of football. Sounds like another strange appointment.
It was a fair question mate, a straight answer would have been nice.
I haven’t travelled as far as Mars this year and although I heard his name thrown around a bit on here I don’t really know who he is either. But I’m sure the board and fruit pascals know exactly what they’re doing.

I haven’t paid a lot of attention to our pathways considering how poorly our juniors have played over the last 3 years.

My question is who’s Betsey, what’s his footy background, and why is he now ‘interim’ head of football. Sounds like another strange appointment.
Don’t know a lot about him outside of his WT Pathways appointment in 21.
Similarly to Pascoe’s appointment, the club would have done a very aggressive global search to find the most highly skilled applicants, only to find that the most suitable person for the job was right here living in our own neighbourhood! Yes, right under our noses!
Who’d have thought that?
I once landed a job, and was told how lucky I was beating out 64 other highly qualified applicants. 😂

Don’t know a lot about him outside of his WT Pathways appointment in 21.
Similarly to Pascoe’s appointment, the club would have done a very aggressive global search to find the most highly skilled applicants, only to find that the most suitable person for the job was right here living in our own neighbourhood! Yes, right under our noses!
Who’d have thought that?
I once landed a job, and was told how lucky I was beating out 64 other highly qualified applicants. 😂
We interviewed at an Ambush event earlier in the year and I found him to be very impressive. It was recorded and released as a podcast episode.

This is only an Interim position, so I don't have an issue with the appointment but what I'm interested in is who he is keeping the seat warm for.

We interviewed at an Ambush event earlier in the year and I found him to be very impressive. It was recorded and released as a podcast episode.

This is only an Interim position, so I don't have an issue with the appointment but what I'm interested in is who he is keeping the seat warm for.

Guess he was sick of doing the job for no extra pay.

Wasn’t aware he was a temporary solution. In that case you would think they may have someone in mind who is currently committed?

I guess Betsey is safe re; review.

Sounds like this could drag on if they're appointing someone now.... Wasn't mid November a time mentioned this would be done?

I’m just catching up. That sounds positive, on a few levels. Forward planning. No leaks on it. New guy possibly demonstrating success in the job. This could be the change we’ve been waiting for?
No leaks? It’s between Mark O’Neil and the rugby guy who appears to have knocked us back. 😂

I understand where you are coming from.
But a 3-3 split is necessary in my opinion and especially on this board as we would need at least 1 board member from either Club rep or independents list to add their vote to make up a majority count.
This is my thinking to ensure unity where you have a board wanting to work together and not having any one party with more power or control then the other.
However this is WTs I guess so a 3-3 split board is likely to operate in the opposite fashion and nothing would get done without the other side agreeing to anything.

I thought Holman Barnes and Wests Ashfield are one and the same so no I wouldn’t give 2 seats to the same entity.
Fair enough but we saw a pattern in the past and a pattern now:

Past:
A split between Balmain and Wests.
Board dominated by Wests Vs Balmain fans.
Tim Sheens contract renewal comes up, board barely notices or has cared for a fair while.
Tim Sheens renewed (after a successful year and being targetted by Penrith).
Squad tanks next year under Sheens.

Now:
Board has more independent members.
Most of those members "enthusastic" about Footy. They will wear a Tigers scarf.
Some are ex players, which can be good and bad.
Chairman upgrades Contract of old winger from 400k to 500k.
Board approves plan for Tim Sheens/Benji Marshall to ressurect club after current coach takes us to 17th.

Why would we bother announcing an interim head of football if he's only warming the seat?

I'm confused.

Why would we bother announcing an interim head of football if he's only warming the seat?

I'm confused.
I'm hoping that it is because there is a high calibre replacement, who is currently employed somewhere else, coming in 12 months time. Key word is hoping as the history of this club doesn't fill me with confidence.

Wayne Bennett

I'm hoping that it is because there is a high calibre replacement, who is currently employed somewhere else, coming in 12 months time. Key word is hoping as the history of this club doesn't fill me with confidence.
You and me both

I'm hoping that it is because there is a high calibre replacement, who is currently employed somewhere else, coming in 12 months time.

Key word is hoping as the history of this club doesn't fill me with confidence.
Pretty much all the appointments the club has made have been high calibre ones, seemingly best available at the time.

Coaches were given 3 years to make the 8.....Pretty standard stuff in an 8/16 format.

Cleary was outside of our control.

Sheens was always interim.

In fact Benji is the only non high calibre coach appointed........rushed on because senior players regarded him.

Pretty much all the appointments the club has made have been high calibre ones, seemingly best available at the time.

Coaches were given 3 years to make the 8.....Pretty standard stuff in an 8/16 format.

Cleary was outside of our control.

Sheens was always interim.

In fact Benji is the only non high calibre coach appointed........rushed on because senior players regarded him.
Except we fail to get our priority target over the line time and again.

Then when we do get a plan in place, often 2nd or 3rd choice, we have the attention span of a goldfish when it comes to implementing that plan.

Except we fail to get our priority target over the line time and again.

Then when we do get a plan in place, often 2nd or 3rd choice, we have the attention span of a goldfish when it comes to implementing that plan.
Who was our priority target during the last 10 years that we didn't get?

For me all our recent problems stem from a certain players mannager and the so called big 4 and when the club took the best recourse to rebuild by signing Cleary he threw us under the bus outside the club’s control.

Back