The Lurker says “tense times at the Tigers “

The media seem to love to pull the Tigers down. We need to stamp out team members who put themselves before the club.

Chris Lawrence, even though I love the bloke, needs to be removed from the leadership team. He potentially risked everything that the team has worked for over the year for $40k. Disgraceful.

If the outside back in question ever comes out in the media, same thing. Go find other options if your not happy with the Tigers.

@matchball said in [The Lurker says “tense times at the Tigers “](/post/1059190) said:
The Lurker is a gossip column. That's why no real name is attached to the columns.
He/She can write anything without tarnishing their name.
It's clickbait for those who love behind the scenes drama.

I class this as satire. Not journalism.

She's name is Dean Ritchie..There It's out there

P.s. If our players are reading and distracted by he likes of the lurker and anyone else..welll...

The fact the media like to stir/speculate about trouble at our club is actually a massive compliment because the primary job of the media is to attract attention to themselves.We are one of the best supported clubs in the NRL and any hint of scandal/gossip attracts attention and is clickbait which is solely what they want.I would be far more concerned if the drunks and bottom feeders of the media ignored us rather than targeted us

The Lurker generates more of a response from people on here than what effect he has on the players, which is precisely 1/5 of buggerall.

@willow said in [The Lurker says “tense times at the Tigers “](/post/1059210) said:
The Lurker generates more of a response from people on here than what effect he has on the players, which is precisely 1/5 of buggerall.

Exactly right, they arent trying to derail us. Its just click bait. It seems the people mostly upset about these guys are the ones who read it.

G'day @hammertime: please respect 'all' our fans by having the courtesy to call our team 'Wests' Tigers, as that's our unified name.
I don't use the name Wests Magpies as we are 'not' Wests Magpies, we 'are' Wests Tigers. We are 'not' Balmain Tigers, we 'are' Wests Tigers, and until all weststigersforum'ers get that, there's gonna be discontent.
Re Chris Lawrence...if you 'really' love the bloke, you must realise he has done more for our club than any other bloke in our current playing squad apart from Benji, and deserves more respect than you are giving.
For you to use "Disgraceful" re one of our legends is just completely over the top.

Glad there's some tense times, if there are indeed tense times. A team regularly coming in around 9th cannot afford to be comfortable.

Now if it was Roosters or Storm, then I can understand there shouldn't be too much unrest, because they are continually successful and currently firing outfits, full of long-term performing professionals at the peak of their abilities and proven ability to improve and turn around the negatives.

Everyone else 3rd position and down needs competitive tension to improve. It's the only way.

So thank you Lurker for probably making stuff up, but if not, confirming that some people at the club are uneasy with their futures, given that Tigers are not a terrifically performing side and need that kind of pressure.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [The Lurker says “tense times at the Tigers “](/post/1059200) said:
We need to significantly improve our coaching and development framework so when we bring in the best juniors, they are exposed to the best coaching and development. Each grade from HM to NRL playing similar styles so each player knows his role and therefore if called up to the NRL the transition is easier and also progression is accelerated.

Yep. Maybe some of the staff are "tense"because they're about to be replaced by someone better. That's what the club should be doing.

@Masterton What a ridiculous statement by that clown the lurker ...what no other club have a turn over of assistant trainers / coaches etc when there contract is up ! I wonder sometimes how these fools hold a job in journalism down with this type of garbage...

@MAGPIES1963 said in [The Lurker says “tense times at the Tigers “](/post/1059218) said:
@hammertime said:
I don't use the name Wests Magpies as we are 'not' Wests Magpies, we 'are' Wests Tigers. We are 'not' Balmain Tigers, we 'are' Wests Tigers, and until all weststigersforum'ers get that, there's gonna be discontent.

Dude give it a break, we are the Wests Tigers and there is nothing wrong with being abbreviated to Tigers or Wests, you talk about being unified but banging on about this does nothing to unify anything.

Teams always have and always will be called by whatever their Mascot is, in our case it is a Tiger.

**What... Your telling me that Coach Maguire is bringing in more of his type of people.

And that we are ballsy enough to continue to augment our roster...

Brilliant. Best news in forever.

Long live Madge**

Bulldog Ritchie aka the lurker - reading fan forums is how he gets a majority of his content

@WT2K Listen up guys, here's a secret that we hope doesn't get to the press. Roosters are cheating salary cap. They use undisclosed payments and favours done which are outside of the cap. Wouldn't it be terrible if that story hit the press. Especially on game day.

Hey the lurker...if u r reading this.... *leak* kicking manly out the comp....

Um...... No. No I won't. How many teams do you hear called by the full name? None. Did I call them balmain? No. Do I have a username that focuses on one side of the merger? No. Tell you someone who does though.

And as for Chris, it was disgraceful. Yes he's a club legend but he has potentially brought out team down on one of our biggest games of the year. It was dumb.

@hammertime said in [The Lurker says “tense times at the Tigers “](/post/1059316) said:
@MAGPIES1963 said in [The Lurker says “tense times at the Tigers “](/post/1059218) said:
@hammertime said:
Um...... No. No I won't. How many teams do you hear called by the full name? None. Did I call them balmain? No. Do I have a username that focuses on one side of the merger? No. Tell you someone who does though.

And as for Chris, it was disgraceful. Yes he's a club legend but he has potentially brought out team down on one of our biggest games of the year. It was dumb.

"potentially", i think chris will go beast mode tommorow.......

@hammertime said in [The Lurker says “tense times at the Tigers “](/post/1059316) said:
@hammertime said:

You don't think Chris knows that? No way Rowdy would deliberately blow up the prep when he has a chance to feature in the finals.

I'm almost certain it's a planted story.

@MAGPIES1963

mate give the moral high grounds a rest, you jump on every post you seem to see an issue with wording or innuendo etc.

Latest posts

Back