The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

prattenpark

The only disappointing thing about tonight was the lack of Tigers supporters at the game - just over 10,000 (and I think that included seagulls).
I thought we were a dedicated bunch, but where were we tonight? That was our smallest crowd since we played Brisbane at Campbelltown on a Friday in May last year - from memory it bucketed down prior to that game.

it was the warriors
it was cold
it was wet
the team has generally been bad
plus it was live on various pirate internet television channels
in saying that, i was expecting a little more

had it been the bulldogs, parra, dragons, manly or any other sydney side then it would have drawn a lot more.

They are kidding to announce the crowd as 10K.

I was there and i thought there were about 5-6K there tonight. The place was more then half empty.

@prattenpark said:
The only disappointing thing about tonight was the lack of Tigers supporters at the game - just over 10,000 (and I think that included seagulls).
I thought we were a dedicated bunch, but where were we tonight? That was our smallest crowd since we played Brisbane at Campbelltown on a Friday in May last year - from memory it bucketed down prior to that game.

Could it be the change of venue wasn't communicated effectively to non members. Mate of mine this week expressed surprise that there was a game at C/town this week. I certainly didn't see a lot of advertising around the place for the game.

Wet?

Very dissappointig crowd…...for a Friday night...

10K must have included the thousands of kids and support acts during the breaks....

@Eddie said:
They are kidding to announce the crowd as 10K.

I was there and i thought there were about 5-6K there tonight. The place was more then half empty.

I thought they must have been counting fatties like me twice. Didn't seem 10,000 that's for sure. However the noise level was pretty impressive.

it wasn't wet or cold.

just saw some footage and the western side was pretty busy but still…

Reminded me of a penrith home game when theyre struggling, empty bays opposite the cameras.
The price to attend the footy these days, I think many wont go if they think they wont get an enjoyable/satisfying (ie a win) performance…thats what 50 point thumpings do, not easily forgotten

I wasn't happy with the price for my children. The girls get dragged to the games ( they aren't fans of footy ) and I had to pay $17 each for them to sit there and wish they were somewhere else. I thought they would fall in the $10 each category but they didn't given they are older than 12\. Next time I will likely leave them at home, I have a season ticket but to get the kiddies in tonight all up cost me $54 and that is not including food/drinks and transport. Not worth it to take a family to the footy every week. I give up trying to get the family enjoying footy - it costs too much if you have more than the standard 2 kids.

i have a free coaches pass , and one for my son , but its just real hard to make a 730 kick off at campbo….the m5 is a car park and i think that would put a lot of people off....mondays are even worse with the 700 kick off...
and , well the game against souths was a real turn off to a lot of supporters .... thankfully they have redeemed themselves with tonights great win , even if it was against an understrength warriors side ....gee 12 days is a long time ...souths flog us .. the warriors then beat souths .. then we put 50 on the warriors ... a near 100 point turnaround ....

All the pollies in the Macarthur region keep talking up how the region is our future and we need more games there.

10,000 fans doesn't really justify all that talk.

@Kul said:
it was the warriors
it was cold
it was wet
the team has generally been bad
plus it was live on various pirate internet television channels
in saying that, i was expecting a little more

had it been the bulldogs, parra, dragons, manly or any other sydney side then it would have drawn a lot more.

I thought this year was the year of NO Excuses Kul….
10,061 fans there....tell em' they're dreamin'......more like 7,000 or so.
Anyway, I can understand the traffic on the M5 being a turn off on a Friday night, it took bloodly forever to get there yesterday.

Subject of poor crowds at Campbelltown comes up every year and it's the same litany of excuses viz. It's Friday night, the traffic on the Expressway is heavy, it's cold, it's wet, it's on TV, it's happy hour with the lingerie barmaids, there's no parking, the pies are always cold, aliens keep stealing my car keys….

Crikey people, buy a bottle of 'man up' pills. You have a great facility, it's a huge demographic and the price of entry is more than reasonable, so get out and support your team. I gotta say that the area is habitually poor when it comes to support, the numbers speak for themselves

@innsaneink said:
Reminded me of a penrith home game when theyre struggling, empty bays opposite the cameras.
The price to attend the footy these days, I think many wont go if they think they wont get an enjoyable/satisfying (ie a win) performance…thats what 50 point thumpings do, not easily forgotten

Ha ha, were you there? Its seems as though last week you were bagging me out for suggesting i wasn't going, now its seems to me you didn't go, did you? :laughing:
\
\
\
RIPPED!!!!

Back