Thoughts on Mikaele's debut

swag_tiger

I am really excited to see the emergence of Mikaele. He always ran hard and tackled hard and that's what we want in a forward. His stats included 11 runs for 106 meters, 49 post contact meters, 2 offloads, 24 tackles, 0 missed with only the single error. I don't any reason for him not to be on the bench for the next couple of weeks.

Many members here wont be surprised with what he delivered tonight. Really happy he stuck it out with the club and was rewarded on the back of a strong preseason. I know what its like being away from all your friends and family in a different city at a young age.

Hopefully many more games at the Wests Tigers.

His first stint was pretty good and showed what he can do. He’s 2nd stint had multiple errors including giving away a penalty on the 5th tackle and a couple of drop balls. Rookie mistakes. If he can eliminate the errors he will be an outstanding addition to the forward pack.

He did well.

I think we really need to persist with him. Our pack is a bit one dimensional and you noticed the difference Aloiai and Mikaele made off the bench yesterday. Along with Matterson, we finally had a few guys who made some post contact metres (The rest of the pack don't..).

Even if he is somewhat raw, we need this dynamic/power style player in our pack as we have very few players like this. Of course we could go for McQueen, Rochow, Clark or whoever that are safer, make less mistakes and will just give us our standard 30 tackles and 100m over 13 hit ups, but they add no spark to the team, which is something we severely lack all over the park.

I think Madge will continue with him coming off the bench. We will need more size against the warriors next week, expect to see him named.

Solid debut for a young forward. It was a hard game to start in the forwards as a kid and he did well. he will build off that.

Very pleased with young Tom’s performance. His run meters were great. His positional play on the whole was good and looks a solid defender. Also very impressed with big Alex.

Good debut in difficult conditions and it came as no surprise to be honest. In tandem with Aloiai he provided good go forward. Next week will be a bigger test.

Put simply he is the best forward we have produced since Andrew Fafita.

Going to enjoy watching him develop.

Solid debut. Excited to see him develop further in tigers colours.

If Twal, Mikaele and Garner develop as they could and Aloiai plays with consistency, we all of a sudden have a pretty good pack. But maybe I should wait till after next weeks game…...

A very good debut and he'll only get better. He did make one handling error in the dying minutes but there were plenty or errors from both sides so no biggie there.

Back