Thurston to get suspended

@Defiant said:
haha Williams has a fractured cheek and Thurston gets off…. that gold.

Williams almost deserved it considering how badly he played.
B Ryan would have defended better!

what a joke williams kept his spot anyway whilst Robbie was dumped for his errors.

HOW OLD ARE YOU MATE ??? CHILDISH COMMENTS INDEED….

Re the Barrett tackle: people forget Inglis was falling and **Barrett slipped off the shoulder**.

i thought this as well and the replays showed it.
when it happened last night i was actually puzzled that none of the commentators made much of thurstons kick. maybe they were taking the same tack as when a streaker runs on the ground so attention isnt brought to it?!

it was a totally dog hit (by thurston) however, the QRL won't take any action to insure this grub isn't picked for sunday

@citizen cub said:
it was a totally dog hit (by thurston) however, the QRL won't take any action to insure this grub isn't picked for sunday

It's not really up to the QRL is it?

@Zaibatsu said:
The ball was moving towards his torso as that photo was taken, his foot was also not travelling directly at Williams' head but more on a diagonal angle towards his shoulder, grazing his head.

I bet you always got fooled by the optical illusion puzzles as a kid huh?

There is a very different motion in kicking than sliding (or even getting) a foot under the player to stop the ball hitting the grass… VERY different. There is nothing safe with kicking at the ball... regardless of the intention..

But like Geo said... I'm glad he's playing, victory will be all the sweeter because of it!! GO TIGES!!

HOW OLD ARE YOU MATE ??? CHILDISH COMMENTS INDEED….

Old enough to know Wolfmans defensive effort was the worst in origin history.

Look at the replay … it was like we were a man down.

@citizen cub said:

Fairly standard Thurston play when all is said and done. Him and Slater - the 2 biggest grubs/sooks in the game.

Cant believe he got nothing but not unexpected. SSDD with NRL - no consitency in anything.

He went in with his foot and contacted with a players face.
Williams has a fractured cheekbone and he doesnt even get a week.

I agree he is a grub just like Slater.

Members online

Back