Tigers Ball Roundup

tigergran

Hi everyone

Just got home from a wonderful evening at the Ball and thought I should share some of the details provided by the CEO and coach.

First of all, Leo Nosworthy and Mark O'Neill were inducted as the 46th and 47th members of the Balmain Hall of Fame.
*McKinnon played most of the secod half of the Bulldogs game with a broken rib and will be out for a while.
*Chris Lawrence wil be back for the Parramatta game.
*Sheens will know on Monday whether Benji and Matt Utai will be available for that game.
*Todd Payten and Lote Tuqiri are a couple of weeks away.
*Simon Dwyer is out for the season.
*The salary cap is the most timeconsuming thing the CEO has to deal with.
*The club will continue to develop from within but will recruit from outside when necessary.
*Sheens said that if all our U20s players play in the NYC they would win that comp. There would be 6 or 7 first graders in that team. It's a special bunch…
*Sheens said that Ricky Stuart might use Keith Galloway but only for short periods.

It was a great night.

Yours tigerly

Tigergran

@tigergran said:
*McKinnon played most of the secod half of the Bulldogs game with a broken rib and will be out for a while.

That may explain his terrible performance. However, with about 20 minutes to go in that match, Sheens brought on Moltzen, took off Brown and moved McKinnon to the wing. Why in the hell didn't he take Wade off??

Many thanks for the update Tigergran.

It is always a good night.

Interesting about McKinnon. Would explain his body positioning etc.

in fairness, he might not have known how serious it was HT. How many times do you hear of players playing on with broken this and that, after which we applaud them for their valiant efforts when the result is a victory

eg. Ellis with the broken nose, Marshall with the broken cheek (Round 1, 2006), Richards in the GF. the list goes on

Thanks for the update Tigergran.

with McKinnon out is Mullaney finally a chance?
Or does Lawrence coming back force Moltzen to the back

I think Tigergran was asking for another drink at the time but Sheens also said "we would make the eight".

@Sabre said:
with McKinnon out is Mullaney finally a chance?
Or does Lawrence coming back force Moltzen to the back

Thanks very much for the roundup Tigergran. And this will surely result in Moltzen moving to fullback and Lui remaining at half. I would suspect Simona will drop back to the NYC with Lawrence returning.

1\. Moltzen
2\. Ryan
3\. Ayshord
4\. Lawrence
5\. Utai

14\. Brown

is probably what we'll see against the eels.

would prefer 1\. Brown, and 14\. Moltzen, but Sheens will persist.

Mullaney won't get a run - you could almost put your house on that.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@tigergran said:

That may explain his terrible performance. However, with about 20 minutes to go in that match, Sheens brought on Moltzen, took off Brown and moved McKinnon to the wing. Why in the hell didn't he take Wade off??

Thanks for the update tiger gran its appreciated.

Hybrid-Well just like its now proved there was a reason to put mckinnon on the wing there would also be a good reason for not taking mckinnon off instead of brown.Theres more then meets the obvious eye in coaching.

@tiger4ever said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
@tigergran said:

Hybrid-Well just like its now proved there was a reason to put mckinnon on the wing there would also be a good reason for not taking mckinnon off instead of brown.Theres more then meets the obvious eye in coaching.

I can't see one mate:

- McKinnon, broken rib and only a fullback and was playing poorly all night
- Brown, fully fit and can play wing, fullback or centre, and was playing quite well all night

I don't understand that one at all.

@mctiger said:
I think Tigergran was asking for another drink at the time but Sheens also said "we would make the eight".

that is good to hear.
thanks for the info, both from tigergran :slight_smile: & mctiger. :sunglasses:
hope you both had a good night. :smiley:

Hi Tigergran, glad to hear you had a great night. Thanks for the info, cheers.

Thanks for the info Tigergran, some really great insights there into the club! Particularly the NYC quote. I think it affirms a bit more about why current players are being shopped around.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@tiger4ever said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
@tigergran said:

I can't see one mate:

- McKinnon, broken rib and only a fullback and was playing poorly all night
- Brown, fully fit and can play wing, fullback or centre, and was playing quite well all night

I don't understand that one at all.

Yes you were questioning in the other thread why mckinnon was put on the wing….well now you know he was injured.And for all we know brown was to..so there was a method in the madness im saying.

All over the place again tiger4ever…..just stick to one thread so peeps know what youre on about.

in fairness, he might not have known how serious it was HT.

Im guessing youve never had broken ribs....you know.

@innsaneink said:
All over the place again tiger4ever…..just stick to one thread so peeps know what youre on about.

in fairness, he might not have known how serious it was HT.

Im guessing youve never had broken ribs....you know.

ink have you been told lately…..

i have a memory and dont chop and change things from thread to thread.

Anyway all your post are just having a little smartass dig at someone......you need to add something to the topic...and stop thinking your better then everyone else your nothing

Ive had broken ribs wtf would you know.

Far be it for me to tell you how to post, but it makes things easier for all concerned, everyone here if you stick to whats discussed in the thread, bringing things up from other threads & discussions just confuses everyone.

My comment on having broken ribs was not directed to you, did I quote you on that? No.

@innsaneink said:
Far be it for me to tell you how to post, but it makes things easier for all concerned, everyone here if you stick to whats discussed in the thread, bringing things up from other threads & discussions just confuses everyone.

My comment on having broken ribs was not directed to you, did I quote you on that? No.

Well learn how to quote properly.lol

Yes but didnt you bring something up with me that orginated from a different thread the other day

My apologies i was out of line….on the above post..

@tigergran said:

well that does explain a bit then

Back