Tigers Defensive Statistics

weststigers

Just carrying on from a few other posts regarding defense.

**From Rd 14 against the Eels our average points scored against us has been 13.85**.

* Rd 14 - 6
Rd 15 - 14
Rd 16 - 21
Rd 17 - 20
Rd 18 - Bye
Rd 19 - 14
Rd 20 - 4
Rd 21 - 18
**AVG = 13.86**

**In our last 4 matches it has been 14.**

* Rd 17 - 20
Rd 18 - Bye
Rd 19 - 14
Rd 20 - 4
Rd 21 - 18
**AVG = 14**

If the stats are anything to go by, we're looking good at the right part of the season.

I think it's only been twice this year we have conceded more than 24 (maybe 26?) points. That was early on against the Cowboys and Panthers.

It's great to see the tigers defending so much better than the start of the year.
If we can keep the defensive effort up we can beat any team.

Yearly;
Pts For Pts Against
2005 - 676 575

2006 - 490 565

2007 - 541 561

2008 - 528 560

2009(RD21) - 409 389

(Going on the average so far this year, Tigers should end up on 479 - Pts Against, 506 - Pts For…. our best year defensively, second worst attackingly)

Edit: Not sure why it came out like that, but hopefully it's still easy to understand.

676 pts in 2005?
that doesnt include finals does it?
why does it seem like we scored 1000 points that year?

Good looking defensive stats over the last couple of months. I think the big improvement has come when the Tigers are defending their line. We are now holding out sides whereas at the start of the season we would just cave in when defending our line. It's certainly taken the Tigers a long time to get the defence sorted though.

Its obvious that our goal line defence must have eaten up a bunch of hours at training evident by the massive improvement. Now we have that in some sort of order we may be able to concentrate on some great attacking footy to complement our defense, go you good thing.

in my opinion defence wins games, i know in the nrl, the game is defence orientated, so if we only conceed 14 point on average, we can finish anywhere we want.

Only 10 points let in against the Roosters…not bad again...even if they'd converted their tries they would have been on 14....still true to form

the worrying thing is the ease of how the roosters scored both their tries. they simply spread the ball n the wingers were over.
we had an extra man for 10mins, got repeated sets n only managed to score after 8mins with an extra man. we spread the ball on several occasions and ended up without an over lap.
i hope we sort this out esp vs parra. overall however our defence has been very good.

Members online

Back