Tim Watsford ? Any Truth to this

Pascoe gets blamed for everything. Gets recognition for nothing. A Director of Football to make football decisions (the role Gould gets critism for as we have no idea of who the CEO of the Bulldogs is..) to work beside a CEO that clearly has the financial side of things in order might be a MUCH smarter way forward.

Or we could get an events guy to replace a finance guy & assume he knows how football works I guess.
Pascoe sets the culture.

I've seen him spout words of excellence so many times, but then doesn't even brush his hair or excuses poor administration on gameday (on Tigertown)

He's egotistical to the point where he sets up segments called "Ask the boss". If true that he's the "boss", how does he escape accountability for problems in the organization, football or not? It's not 2 separate businesses, it's 1 business.

He decided to implement Tigertown which Madge was against and made us a laughing stock.

His coaching appointments have all ended early (Ivan, Madge & Sheens) and he made the wrong decision to not wait for Bennett.

He threw our season off the rails this year by appointing Fulton behind the coach's back!

Personally, I directly spoke to him and offered to add a 6 figure endowment in my will for the Tigers. With a promise he would work out a structure and return my call, which never came. Didn't even task someone else.

The list goes on. How can we expect accountability on the field if the CEO always gets a free pass. He can't be immune to this.

I actually like the guy. He's done some great things financially and infrastructure-wise, but it's time to show that accountability is important for our club and it's culture.

I do think people forget that when Pascoe joined Wests Tigers at the end of 2015 had lost 2.1m for the year, the Balmain side had defaulted on a loan to the nrl, we were investing hardly any money into juniors or nrl sides, the club was a financial shambles and we finished equal last with a horrible Knights side.

Now our footy team has been horrible he has turned us around off the field - significant investment now being made in Juniors and Seniors, New COE in Concord and a junior one on its way in Campbelltown, Moving back to just our traditional home grounds next year because we can afford too, the Wests Tigers foundation.

I do think it's time to move on for him because we need to move to a new phase but I think he has done a lot of good on the business side.

Whilst most of us will be glad to see the back of Pascoe if and when it happens, his impact on the club financially is not overblown, if anything, it's underrated.

He has taken a club from being in debt, to solvent. Has secured and executed on the funding for the centre of excellence. Has acquired the funding for the upcoming centre at Campbelltown, has been able to produce enough funds to re-establish the junior pathways program in the Southwest, far greater than it ever was before and has facilitated the spending in the football department on a scale the club has never seen.

He has overseen the worst time in the clubs history from a football point of view, has made, in conjunction with the board, some of the worst and most baffling football-based decisions in the NRL era, yet, financially, he has literally transformed the club.

There are multiple variables that must be considered when talking about Pascoe's tenure, one of which is the financial improvement of this club, top to bottom.

Or, would you rather we be in the position we're in now from a football standpoint, but be broke on top of it? That would really be worrying.
Agree . But in the same way , some coaches are good for cleaning joints out , and building foundations ie. they have a shelf life , I think it’s fair to say Pascoe has got us to a point . And I thank him for it , but we’ve had money for 3-4 years , if not in the cap , and the performances have tailed away .
Whether it’s true or not , the perception is he has taken us as far as he can . And it’s time for some new ideas and fresh eyes. .
Taking away the agendas of everyone , I think this is true. It will just take a long while before he can get the recognition for work , because recency bias says , he’s the worst.

Agree . But in the same way , some coaches are good for cleaning joints out , and building foundations ie. they have a shelf life , I think it’s fair to say Pascoe has got us to a point . And I thank him for it , but we’ve had money for 3-4 years , if not in the cap , and the performances have tailed away .
Whether it’s true or not , the perception is he has taken us as far as he can . And it’s time for some new ideas and fresh eyes. .
Taking away the agendas of everyone , I think this is true. It will just take a long while before he can get the recognition for work , because recency bias says , he’s the worst.
Good points, mate.

no thanks. this Watsford is an events coordinator. got no idea how to run a football club let alone what success looks like. if you want a CEO get Shane Richardson. he’s won 2 comps.

no thanks. this Watsford is an events coordinator. got no idea how to run a football club let alone what success looks like. if you want a CEO get Shane Richardson. he’s won 2 comps.

Why isn't he in the game anymore?

I do think people forget that when Pascoe joined Wests Tigers at the end of 2015 had lost 2.1m for the year, the Balmain side had defaulted on a loan to the nrl, we were investing hardly any money into juniors or nrl sides, the club was a financial shambles and we finished equal last with a horrible Knights side.

Now our footy team has been horrible he has turned us around off the field - significant investment now being made in Juniors and Seniors, New COE in Concord and a junior one on its way in Campbelltown, Moving back to just our traditional home grounds next year because we can afford too, the Wests Tigers foundation.

I do think it's time to move on for him because we need to move to a new phase but I think he has done a lot of good on the business side.
I wanted Sheens gone in 2012 because his selections were weird and he seemed to have lost the plot, I wanted Benji gone because he wasn't putting in any more and it was affecting the team, I wanted Farah gone because he was hogging the calls and Moses and Brooks weren't getting any reasonable ball.

Now I want Pascoe gone because we are a farce on the field. In hindsight I was misled on the first three and believe we should have kept all of them. So now I question whether we go backwards financially if we let Pascoe go. He is guilty of the Farah bungle and got suspended, he entrusted the Tigers squad and recruitment to his mate Cleary and that didn't turn out too well, but it is the silly errors this year which break my back.

The ANZAC jersey, the Fulton signing, moving on Sheens without letting him serve his two years and killing a "5 year plan", it goes on and on and on. I think he needs to leave, but if this club has taught me one thing it is that sometimes it is better the devil you know.

I wanted Sheens gone in 2012 because his selections were weird and he seemed to have lost the plot, I wanted Benji gone because he wasn't putting in any more and it was affecting the team, I wanted Farah gone because he was hogging the calls and Moses and Brooks weren't getting any reasonable ball.

Now I want Pascoe gone because we are a farce on the field. In hindsight I was misled on the first three and believe we should have kept all of them. So now I question whether we go backwards financially if we let Pascoe go. He is guilty of the Farah bungle and got suspended, he entrusted the Tigers squad and recruitment to his mate Cleary and that didn't turn out too well, but it is the silly errors this year which break my back.

The ANZAC jersey, the Fulton signing, moving on Sheens without letting him serve his two years and killing a "5 year plan", it goes on and on and on. I think he needs to leave, but if this club has taught me one thing it is that sometimes it is better the devil you know.
I never wanted Sheens, Benji, or Robbie gone.
I can say this, I would rather be a poorer club with a full cabinet than a richer club with one trophy.

$100k+. left to the club... never heard of things like that before... I wonder how many others do if

We actually had a convo recently I don't want any WTs stuff in my coffin

Gosh, reading all the stuff ups by Pascoe has me thinking he and we may have been better off if the NRL followed through on their lifetime ban of him.
His list of stuff ups is enormous, which leads me to think that he must have had some help?

Gosh, reading all the stuff ups by Pascoe has me thinking he and we may have been better off if the NRL followed through on their lifetime ban of him.
His list of stuff ups is enormous, which leads me to think that he must have had some help?

Pascoe is an instrument of the board and answerable only to them.Financially he has been good but as far as getting results on the field not good at all.As i have said many times the board is the main problem and are the major culprits in our continued failure as a football club.We need Lucretia Borgia to prepare the food for the next board meeting

Fruit Pascals has had a good report card coming in, but it’s gone from bad to worse under his tenure. He has overseen some of the worst results at any club over an 8 year period. He needs to go. He won’t do it himself bcoz he loves being on the tv.
For all the wrong reasons!

Back