14\. Brad Meyers
15\. Michael Henderson
16\. Luke O'Dwyer
17\. Kayne Lawton;

Reserves:
18\. Will Matthews
19\. Chris Walker
20\. Josh Graham

It's a shame we have so many injuries, because they looked really average against the Sharks.

I think our team can still roll these guys as long as Ellis lines up Minicello nice and early on. Hanbury and Moltzen will swap around a bit too…

stop laffranchi running and we have a very good chance.

Him and prince almost are the titans.

Interesting they named such an extended squad….the game against the Sharks was in oppressive conditions...

It's their best starting pack....Match them and we are in with a shot....

Might not be a team of superstars but they have good honest toilers in key positions as well as the more flashy players such as Prince and Campbell. I'd like to be proven wrong but I just can't see us getting past them with the injury list we currently have.

I am quietly confident about this one.

Lawrence will damage Tagatese and Ellis should run at Rogers all day as he has been shown up this year.

Their backline has pace but they are pretty average in every other respect.

Interesting they are giving their under 20's hooker a run in the 17 jersey. Seems to me Cartwright is viewing this as somewhat of a dead rubber.

A very high workrate pack but Harrisson is trash and just back from injury. Smash him

@MGB said:
Might not be a team of superstars but they have good honest toilers in key positions as well as the more flashy players such as Prince and Campbell. I'd like to be proven wrong but I just can't see us getting past them with the injury list we currently have.

exactly, but with a team of our class (even with a huge injury list) this gives us a good chance.
Id much rather be playing workers this game then a parramatta esk team again.

Question is how much do the Titans want the minor premiership? What are they actually playing for? Odds are they will finish 3rd no matter what, barring a major stuff up by the Dragons or Dogs. Hopefully we can use this to our advantage.

Not a huge side, very mobile forward pack and the backline has plenty of pace but no real size to them. If the Tigers can win the ruck and keep the likes of Bailey, Minichello and Laffranchi quiet, we can almost take Prince out of the game which will help enormously. Hopefully the Tigers aim up for this one. While we have walking wounded in the side, we're not without a decent chance in this.

They worked pretty hard for the win over Cronulla… hoping their a bit flat.

pretty sure gibbs and payne have more pace then any of them :unamused:

Cartwright confident Titan will perform
August 25, 2009 - 10:32PM

Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright wants his players to soak up the moment of making the club's first NRL finals but has told them the good times are still ahead.

Cartwright's memories of Penrith's first premiership win against Canberra in 1991 will be valuable in the coming weeks as the Titans cope with the pressure that goes with a maiden finals campaign.

But the last thing he's worried about is his players getting caught up in the moment and taking their eye off the ball with all the hype that comes with finals hysteria.

"There's enough experience there to know we haven't achieved anything," said Cartwright, confident co-captains Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Preston Campbell and Mat Rogers can keep the players' feet on the ground and their heads out of the clouds.

"It was a bit of a relief to win last weekend and put it to bed.

"We're happy where we are but we know there's so many good times ahead if we stay focused."

Cartwright wants to close out the club's most successful season with wins against the Wests Tigers and Manly to get them in the right frame of mind for finals football.

"We're certainly not going out there (against the Tigers) to rest," he said.

"We want to go into the finals with wins under our belt. We've got two tough games which I think are great preparations for the semi-final.

"The next two games are our building blocks for the finals."

Cartwright was having nothing to do with talk the Tigers would be vulnerable having their winning streak stopped by Parramatta last weekend.

"I don't buy into that, they've got plenty of momentum," he said.

"They've won six out of seven and their season is on the line."

The Tigers style of broken field attack is something Cartwright said was difficult to plan for.

"You've got to be on your game for 80 minutes. They can strike from anywhere and they can be deadly from anywhere," he said.

"The unpredictability of their good players (Benji) Marshall and (Robbie) Farah make them very hard to defend."

Queensland Origin forward Ashley Harrison was included in an extended squad to make a comeback from a rib injury which has sidelined him for six weeks.

"We can't declare him at this stage," said Cartwright when asked if Harrison would playing.

"It (rib) is at a stage where we're getting close but we're not going to risk him.

"If he's not 100 per cent, we won't risk him."

Backline utility Chris Walker was also named but no decision has been made of his injury comeback.

@alex said:
@simonthetiger said:
@alex said:
Their backline has pace and ours lacks it.

Uh oh.

Marshall,Moltz,Lawence,Collis….........all slow.

Put Kevin Gordon or David Mead up against Hanbury or Ayshford

We smash Prince and they won't see any ball…..don't matter how fast they are then hay.....

@willow said:
Not a huge side, very mobile forward pack and the backline has plenty of pace but no real size to them. If the Tigers can win the ruck and keep the likes of Bailey, Minichello and Laffranchi quiet, we can almost take Prince out of the game which will help enormously. Hopefully the Tigers aim up for this one. While we have walking wounded in the side, we're not without a decent chance in this.

Are you sure? I would've thought a bigger pack than ours but you would know more than I would.

Titans full of self belief: Prince
August 26, 2009 - 3:42PM

Gold Coast skipper Scott Prince has nominated his side's self belief as the critical factor heading into this weekend's NRL match against Wests Tigers.

The Titans co-captain knows a thing or two about riding a wave of confidence all the way to the title, having led the Tigers to their first and only premiership in 2005.

"We've just got this confidence and self belief within the side at the moment," Prince said on Wednesday.

"Even on the weekend when we were under the pump defensively on our line, we had that confidence in our defence that they (Cronulla) weren't going to crack us.

"It's something that's hard to get, but once you get it it's lethal in terms of keeping you in games, and going into matches where you just feel like you can't lose."

The Tigers head to Skilled Park with their season on the line - with another loss certain to end their gallant charge to the top eight.

But Prince said it would be too early to write off his former side.

"Obviously they're playing desperate, but they're playing confidently as well, they're not locking up, they're letting the ball do the talking and defensively they're coming off the line with speed and aggression," Prince said.

"They'll be a little bit shaken up after the weekend with injuries and suspension to Bryce Gibbs, but we won't be taking them lightly.

"They'll be coming here desperate to get a top eight position and we just can't allow that, we have to go out and do our job."

Coach John Cartwright played down the litany of injuries the Tigers have listed.

"I'm not really concerned about what they're saying, it wouldn't surprise me who they play, I'm sure half the guys they say aren't playing are going to be playing anyway.

"Their playmakers are there and they're the guys we have to focus on."

Prince said despite his history with the Tigers no one will be showing any mercy once they take the field.

"I've got some very good mates there, once you win a premiership with a team you've just got that connection and that'll never be broken.

"But we're all professional and when it comes to the game we all run across the white stripe and it's all on - she's down to business."

The Titans and Tigers will play for the annual Larry Corowa Shield, named after the former Balmain and Gold Coast Seagulls winger, who'll be a special guest at Saturday's game at Skilled park.

Corowa, nicknamed "The Black Flash" watched the Titans train on Wednesday and said the team's outstanding performance this season has been no surprise to him.

"I think the development over the last two years, you can see it coming to fruition," Corowa said.

"You've got a really good coach and management in Michael Searle, so you've got the stability that wasn't there 15 or 20 years ago, so it doesn't surprise me the success they're having this year."

© 2009 AAP

Members online

Back