TRENT BARRETT GONE

Can't ignore the timing. Gus knows this is a must win game for them too and is more than achievable. Barrett was gone as soon as the final whistle blew. Like to bet Barrett knew it and so did Gould

I heard from a few places that they think Madge would be a good man to lead a long term rebuild for the dogs.

Its slim pickings out there in terms of established coaches

I have lost all respect for Phil Gould.

To big for his boots.
Thing is Gould does what it takes to (a) win, and (b) protect his reputation.

The major difference to most NRL people is Gould is good at both (a) and (b); you cannot deny he knows what he's talking about and he has the reputation and ability to back his mouth up.

So actually I don't agree Gould is "too big for his boots" - I think both his boots and his metaphorical feet are huge, and he knows it. The true question is whether or not you want to get into bed with a guy like that, who will lie and lobby and backstab like the best mafioso or politician.

You have to give Gould some credit - he could have stayed in his commentary role and just delivered his usual sermons every week. But he decided to get his hands dirty again, and not with cushy roles, with embattled clubs (at the time) - Penrith, Warriors, Bulldogs. His reputation has definitely suffered, and he has introduced easy lines of criticism from his old foes, for the fence he tries to saddle between club administrator and media pundit.

It's very easy to dislike Phil Gould but I would argue it's difficult not to have a lot of respect for what he is capable of as a rugby league personality. If Phil Gould was director at the Tigers, we'd probably all be lauding him and clinging dearly to the possibility that he'd turn everything around for us (already happening with the renewed cult of Tim Sheens).

Thing is Gould does what it takes to (a) win, and (b) protect his reputation.

The major difference to most NRL people is Gould is good at both (a) and (b); you cannot deny he knows what he's talking about and he has the reputation and ability to back his mouth up.

So actually I don't agree Gould is "too big for his boots" - I think both his boots and his metaphorical feet are huge, and he knows it. The true question is whether or not you want to get into bed with a guy like that, who will lie and lobby and backstab like the best mafioso or politician.

You have to give Gould some credit - he could have stayed in his commentary role and just delivered his usual sermons every week. But he decided to get his hands dirty again, and not with cushy roles, with embattled clubs (at the time) - Penrith, Warriors, Bulldogs. His reputation has definitely suffered, and he has introduced easy lines of criticism from his old foes, for the fence he tries to saddle between club administrator and media pundit.

It's very easy to dislike Phil Gould but I would argue it's difficult not to have a lot of respect for what he is capable of as a rugby league personality. If Phil Gould was director at the Tigers, we'd probably all be lauding him and clinging dearly to the possibility that he'd turn everything around for us (already happening with the renewed cult of Tim Sheens).
Totally agree.
Man I'd love it if we could word count your posts.
You must have written millions of words on this forum over the years.
You'd have to have the record.
Not being sarcastic, just in awe.

Our coach and team are now performing as good as they can be with what we have.

This article by fox league is not an opinion or advice with good intentions from these Hypocrites.

It is another abusive marketing ploy designed to get the job for their friend Flanagan.

Lee H. is a successful and a well respected lawyer and he must now put an end to all this abuse that the WT have been receiving for the past many years.

Totally agree.
Man I'd love it if we could word count your posts.
You must have written millions of words on this forum over the years.
You'd have to have the record.
Not being sarcastic, just in awe.
Nothing in league is truly simple.

About the record, I don't know. I write a lot buy guys like Happy Tiger and Ink were 10 or 20 times as many posts as me.

Words per response though... possibly indisputable super heavyweight champ.

Our coach and team are now performing as good as they can be with what we have.

This article by fox league is not an opinion or advice with good intentions from these Hypocrites.

It is another abusive marketing ploy designed to get the job for their friend Flanagan.

Lee H. is a successful and a well respected lawyer and he must now put an end to all this abuse that the WT have been receiving for the past many years.
Yeah that article is absolutely nonsense. I've seen a few articles too.

Why would we get rid of our coach when we are finally building towards something with already two Topline recruits for next year to swap for a coach who hasn't coached for ages and that indulged in cheating.

Not to mention changing all our structures now.

Smells like the drunk Buzz article pushing his mate Flanagan.

No way would anyone coach under Gould. Talk about a micromanager.

When mathematicians invent a "percentage chance" less than zero, that is what will apply to this mooted coach swap. Absolute lunacy. Someone at Fox is off their meds.
Really pathetic journalism.

Staff online

Back