TRENT BARRETT GONE

Thinking madge is going somehow start winning at this club is as naive as wests tigers giving James Roberts another year contract thinking our results would get better or me purchasing another membership thinking we'd make the 8 this year.

Thinking madge is going somehow start winning at this club is as naive as wests tigers giving James Roberts another year contract thinking our results would get better or me purchasing another membership thinking we'd make the 8 this year.
You can see "injuries"(plus our week Board)being the excuse for Madge to fall over the line yet again for next year..his fifth..
Every team has injuries..and 5 years is a lot
Plus Dogs will likely pinch Kristian Woolf and lock him in for 23,our most credible replacement for Madge
As for Gould,only Bennet is on the same planet for BS...their own

Definite schadenfreude for me - not just because I dislike the Bulldogs, but because I have always been vocal about their bad decision-making with the coach and the roster. It seems now the media is on-board about the bad decisions like big-money TPJ and Dufty. About JAC being near useless without decent inside backs to put him away.

There was also a lot of talk on here about how the Bulldogs were recruiting well, recruiting big names and would "definitely finish ahead of the Tigers 2022, maybe even make the Top 8". Bulldogs might still possibly finish in front of Tigers, but that isn't saying much.

Without caring to say "I told you so", I think this is instead a cautionary tale about attempting quick fixes and hiring bad coaches with bad records. It lends more support to the idea that you play the long game and slowly develop your roster, and if possible keep the head coach in place so that stability helps breed the success.

You can see "injuries"(plus our week Board)being the excuse for Madge to fall over the line yet again for next year..his fifth..
Every team has injuries..and 5 years is a lot
Plus Dogs will likely pinch Kristian Woolf and lock him in for 23,our most credible replacement for Madge
As for Gould,only Bennet is on the same planet for BS...their own

I'd like to get woolf

Interestingly, Griffin fought back after his sacking in the media and lost no credibility and got another role with the staid insular Dragons.

This will set back the Dogs further as no high profile coach will go there under Gould and some who came for Barrett may leave.

Let's make an offer for Burton and stick him in the centres only .

And he can bring Baden with him.

‘He’s telling lies’: Gus Gould can’t escape past deception​

Former Bulldogs star Braith Anasta has accused Phil Gould of telling “lies” in another extraordinary development following the exit of Trent Barrett from Canterbury.

The club is in crisis following Barrett’s decision to quit on Monday following their Magic Round loss to Newcastle in Brisbane.

However, further revelations have now contradicted the club’s assertion that Barrett made the decision to leave, despite being contracted until the end of the 2023 season.

Foxsports.com.au first revealed Barrett walked away with a massive payout of $500,000.

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield on Monday night told Fox League’s NRL 360 the terms of Barrett’s payout also includes a confidentiality agreement.

Gould fronted the media on Monday after news of Barrett’s departure had been announced and said it was a “sad” day for the club, but stressed it was Barrett’s decision to walk.

He is now being accused of being the figure behind the scenes that told Barrett he would be sacked if he didn’t walk the plank of his own volition.

On May 2 Gould told a Channel 9 football show Barrett was the “long-term coach for the club”.

Former Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett. Photo by Jason McCawley/Getty Images

“Trent Barrett will be the coach of the Bulldogs long after I’m gone,” he said.

Two weeks later Barrett is unemployed.

Gould said two weeks ago there were agendas being driven against him surrounding his involvement with the club, but said, “It doesn’t affect me and I laugh in their face with it”.

“Well, you’re not laughing now Phil after saying that only a couple of weeks ago,” Anasta said.

“That’s Pinocchio there. Saying that his job is safe and that he’s going to be there long after Gus. He’s telling lies because Barrett’s gone and he’s still there.”

Anasta said reports that Barrett was unaware when news first broke about the club’s decision to hold an emergency board meeting shows Barrett didn’t really quit.

“It squashes the ‘I’m going to quit’ thing too because he didn’t even know he was going to get the chop,” Anasta said.

Fox League reporter James Hooper also said on the panel it was “hard to believe” that Gould had not been involved in the decision to tell Barrett his time was up.

The club had called an emergency board meeting to discuss the former Manly coach’s future on Monday, however Gould confirmed on Monday he had spoken with Barrett on Sunday before the former Dragons star’s exit was announced.

“The drums started beating after the Bulldogs were rolled by Canberra (in Round 9),” Hooper said.

“Behind the scenes, as I understand it, Baz was told, ‘You can walk or you’re going to be knifed’. Now it’s been framed as the board is behind this push, but I think it’s hard to believe how someone with the influence and clout that Gus carries in the game wasn’t involved in the decision.

“To be clear, Trent Barrett had a gun pointed at him and was told, ‘You either walk or it’s going to get ugly’.”

Barrett had won just five of the 34 games during his time at the club.

Don’t you just love how convincing he can be… Gould treats everyone with such contempt….imo….he is the real fool…no coincidence The Riff turned their fortunes around after he was sacked…hope we put 50 on them this week
I can't stand him but apparently he rebuilt all the junior programs, got their academy firing and they're reaping the benefits now.
He knows what he's doing.
But he's an outright flog

Members online

Back