LIVE GAME Trial 1 vs. Warriors

Live Game Discussion
If you couldnt see the changes in the style of play in teh first 30mins, then you dont know Rugba loig.

Forwards hitting the line as Api stands, both halves on one side, swapping out first receiver. VERY different style of play but you judge it on how our Flegg kids played?

Agree. Was clear we changed our play to being direct / advantage line focus. Start on the run not watch and see. The only time we put on a play we scored & nearly scored.

Did you miss the fact that the game was played under unlimited interchange and the extra player means FA?

if it means nothing then let’s play with 12 next game to give them a good workout prior to their two weeks rest..

Only real positives
- big boppers in the 1st half were strong
- Faataape looked ok
- Lobb just kick high and he could be a weapon
- Sezer looked ok

Rest all meh tbh. None of the kids I thought stood out even though they got good minutes if anything a fair chunk all looked below nsw cup grade.

Was disappointed in Sullivan tbh, didn’t own the side when Sezar was off and his touch finders were ordinary.
Bula, Sullivan, Pole and Koroisau say hi :sneaky:

Out of the young ones. Lobb and Willett did well. Faatape was good too. TDS has something, just needs to improve his decision making, took the wrong option on the line break and silly charge down.

Sezer looks like he'll provide direction we've not had in years

TDS was found out a heap in defence, lost count how many times the ref kept calling him back.

Lobb and Faatape looked ok.

Willett looked like he was scared of being snapped & got found out for a warriors try - outside of the 1 nice run that is. He is a big kid needs to back his size more.

Did u miss the send off and they played 60 min with 12 players , stop making excuses and see the fact we still have a huge way to go
Of course we do. It’s going to be a long season I think.

You can see the diffference in the athletism with the depth of the two clubs so I think the boys did ok within the context of the game . The warriors were very up for it.

13 verse 12 means FA? That's all time
Fundamentally our players don’t understand how to create space, even when we have the numbers. It’s a serious flaw in our development programs in my opinion. A lot of people on here just blame the halves but I’ve seen enough now to know there is an educational issue.

Bula is a big concern, does nothing to help our attack.
Staines didn’t do much, but we are too slow without him in our starting line up.
Faatape went well, should only keep improving.
Lobb carried the ball strongly and attacks the high ball, I like him.
Sullivan and Sezer both looked good, plenty of good early signs from them both.
Mason and Willett both played with good energy and intent, both good prospects. I know Mason made a few mistakes, surely we can forgive that and see he has plenty of upside to his game.
Da Silva looked very good, massive future.
Seyfarth again showed his doubters what he’s capable of.
Stef and Klem both looked great, we don’t lose nothing to any rival starting props.
Papali’i very good early signs.
Api solid as usual.
Keoaoa shaky but looks fit, currently in our best 17 whether we like it or not.
Fainu brothers both showed promise.
Simpkin was solid in his stint at hooker.
Pole was a bit underwhelming, let’s hope for improvement from him next week.
Sukkar has a physical presence about him, just need a bit more effort and involvement.

Last edited:
Well I had hope we would see a different type of footy with benji in charge , but it’s the same crap that we dished up last year , one out hit ups and then a kick , the warriors are running the ball so much harder than us , hate to say it but I can see a 3rd wooden spoon . Is it so hard to have some backline plays or our the coaches we have don’t know how to coaches such plays
Mr negative he can see onother spoon after one trial .didn't you watch the first 20 minutes with the first graders Jesus's fair dinkum.

We had a buck of youngsters and guys that will never play first grade in second half.
Yes. Unfortunately, some of the kids touted to be promising don't appear big enough. The two in white headgear looked like garden gnomes.

That's a great first up work out for the team. The Warriors are always physical and it was a good test for the young players. The win won't do us any harm for recruitment in NZ. We may even increase our following. Shout out to Alex Lobb. Well done.

Fundamentally our players don’t understand how to create space, even when we have the numbers. It’s a serious flaw in our development programs in my opinion. A lot of people on here just blame the halves but I’ve seen enough now to know there is an educational issue.

Latu will help strip numbers. Natural footballer

Back