Tuqiri

BeeJay

Staff member
Forum Leader
Not one of his best performances tonight.

A few weeks ago there was the rumour he broke his arm at trauning and although denied outright by the club, ever since his left hand has been strapped. Anyone know if the rumour was slightly true and lote did indeed break a bone albeit in his hand?
\
\
His handling was poor tonight. Wet greasy ball? Or was it the strapping?

He has been average since he has returned. I know he hasn't played much footy this year but we can't afford to be carrying a passenger during the finals. I hope he comes good!

Yup agreed, average since his return. Not happy with the way he's going TBH. I know he hasn't had much footy, but he's experienced enough to at least do the little things right.

Def would have Brown ahead of him ATM - I know it won't happen though. Too hard to drop Tuqiri.

He'll get better after tonights run, and even better with lawrence as the inside man

He needs Lawrence inside him desperately. That's why I don't know why Sheens went with Utai in the centres. The bloke is built like a mini-tank and isn't one to really pass the ball so for starters Tuqiri was always going to be unlikely to get any good ball, and he's definitely rusty. Hopefully he'll be better next week and should be provided Lawrence returns as well.

@Tap Twist Snap said:
Doesn't look fit or happy at the moment. Could really use a week off.

No, he has had too much time off already - that's the problem. He needs to keep playing to regain his fitness and, as others have already said, will go much better with Lawrence back inside him.

Just looks short of a gallop. He'll get better through the finals.

I told some old fool behind me to shut his trap because he was demanding Tuqiri be hooked.

Lote has a dead set shocker tonight. He has never been the same since his injuries. He has been totally ineffective in attack during past few games. I'm guessing he is very low in confidence and also worried about hitting the line hard and getting injured again. Tonight he ran sideways and dropped the ball during simple hit ups.

If we want to win the comp we need to make some tough decisions and put our strongest team on the field at this point in time. Tuquri is currently a liability. He is not the player he used to be. Some of his mistakes could cost us progressing in the finals. Ryan and Utai are in great form and even Mitch Brown is a better option.

@shano said:
Lote has a dead set shocker tonight. He has never been the same since his injuries. He has been totally ineffective in attack during past few games. I'm guessing he is very low in confidence and also worried about hitting the line hard and getting injured again. Tonight he ran sideways and dropped the ball during simple hit ups.

If we want to win the comp we need to make some tough decisions and put our strongest team on the field at this point in time. Tuquri is currently a liability. He is not the player he used to be. Some of his mistakes could cost us progressing in the finals. Ryan and Utai are in great form and even Mitch Brown is a better option.

I see where you're coming from but if we've persisted with the likes of Lui, Moltzen and Utai when they were down on form, Tuqiri has every right to be given an opportunity to regain his form. He's a proven top flight finisher and oozes class.

Give him time guys. He's been injured most of the season and is lacking confidence. Happened with Moltzen earlier in the season and now look at him. Unfortunately Tuqiri won't have much time to turn it around but I'm confident he can do an adequate job for us for the rest of the finals series.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@Balmain Bug said:
He will be better for the run.

He will win us a game soon.

Could not agree more Bug.

agree with this. luckily for him the rest of the squad turned up. everyone is aloud one bad run. tuqiri got his today so he should be good for next week :wink:

@shano said:

OK, Lote has been poor in the last few games, but dropping him? PUH-LEASE!!!

The guy has class written all over him. He is just very short on match fitness. Once Lawrence is back he will be fine.

@BeeJay said:
He'll get better after tonights run, and even better with lawrence as the inside man

yeah i think so too. lote just needs to run hard and fast & STRAIGHT. even utai can do it and he is alot shorter

@Cultured Bogan said:
I told some old fool behind me to shut his trap because he was demanding Tuqiri be hooked.

:laughing: were u in bay 109\. i think i heard a guy yelling out that he should be hooked

Back