VALE ROD MARSH

He was one of the players that started the rise of Australian cricket. As a young fella I had watched us get whipped time and time again. No-one's fault but the Simpson days were hard ones. Almost as hard as watching Ponting and his arrogance.

I have never been a cricket fan but even I know that Rod Marsh was an icon and a legend during that "Come on Aussie" era which also feature some of the greatest moustaches of all time through the 70's and early 80's.

With identities from all walks of life passing away in recent times there is definitely a feeling that a wonderful era is finally coming to an end, an era that I am pleased and fortunate to say that I have been able to live through.

RIP legend.

RIP, the afterlife is filling up with my childhood hero’s. Both sporting and music.

was one of the best.

What drop was he?

I’m just a younger fella getting an idea of his career. If it wasn’t for players like Marsh who paved the way for heals etc don’t think the game would be as in good shape as it is in now
He came in at 6 or 7 normally mate. I can't recall too much of his Test batting but he was bloody good to watch in the one-dayers.
It was a great era of sport back then. All sports IMO were so much better and more entertaining than today's sterilized versions. Seriously cannot think of 1 sport that is better today than what it was back then which is a shame.

All our legends are leaving us, I guess we all have to say good bye eventually. My cousin Rupert Provan [ Norm Provans brother] is 94 and is soon going to be with his family. 😒

He came in at 6 or 7 normally mate. I can't recall too much of his Test batting but he was bloody good to watch in the one-dayers.
It was a great era of sport back then. All sports IMO were so much better and more entertaining than today's sterilized versions. Seriously cannot think of 1 sport that is better today than what it was back then which is a shame.

Back