We will likely be last next week...and that will be okay...

I must be wierd but I legit think we are a top 8 team if we could all get on the paddock.

If we had talau and AD in the centres, Laurie at fullback and Nofo and Tao on the wings them we have a lot more strike power. The fact we are playing with a reserve grade backline and still competitive for large parts of the game are outstanding to me..
Completely agree, we have been decimated by injuries in key positions more than any other side in the NRL, and yet we still keep turning up. The Madge haters though will still say he has lost the dressing room and has no clue, Jack Gibson and Bellamy as a coaching team couldn't perform miracles with this squad under these circumstances.

Do you think the backline you described is top 8?
AD and Talau are an ordinary centre pairing.
Noffo and Toa will let in a lot of tries
Laurie is still on his L plates.
They’ll win some games but we need a far more dynamic lineup to play finals
Not specifically the backline - we have just been competitive against some really good sides and I think that extra bit of class over the people we have had plugging holes may have been the difference. Last night was obviously a blow out but again our injuries have us playing guys that would realistically be no where near the top grade

Not specifically the backline - we have just been competitive against some really good sides and I think that extra bit of class over the people we have had plugging holes may have been the difference. Last night was obviously a blow out but again our injuries have us playing guys that would realistically be no where near the top grade
That’s fair

We need a fit backline 1.Laurie 2.Nofo 3.Roberts/ Garner 4.Douehi
5. Maumalo/Toa 6. Brooks 7. Hastings (captain)
enough of this BS 5 captains
Our pack with these 9 forming the backline we will win a lot of games

Completely agree, we have been decimated by injuries in key positions more than any other side in the NRL, and yet we still keep turning up. The Madge haters though will still say he has lost the dressing room and has no clue, Jack Gibson and Bellamy as a coaching team couldn't perform miracles with this squad under these circumstances.

Being "decimated" means losing one in 10 or 10%, our injury losses are closer to 50% of our squad.No club in the NRL can afford to lose your best players like that and still be a winning outfit.Madge and his support coaching team have done an excellent job imho in keeping the squad competitive.
This year will improve when we get more troops back imo.Like you i appreciate what Madge is trying to do and that is to turn the club around and he is starting to do that

Sharpies lost a fullback and got pummeled by the Waiders.. cost me the perfect round in tipping the sons of..

Considering the team list and the fact we were playing with 14 for the last 30 minutes, I'm not mad at the result.

In reality cowboys were expected to beat us 13+ on current form (Take our tigers tinted glasses off).

Although they ran away with it there were possibly 4 tries there that were sketchy if the refs and bunker decided to play fair.

It Will be an interesting team list next week - expect probably another debut or two due to injury - special dispensation will surely have to come into it.

Put it this way....

The team we beat (eels), went on to beat the Panthers and the Storm, got beaten by 31 points by the cowboys, who only beat us by 24.

So CLEARLY the NRL table should be as follows:

1. Cowboys
2. Tigers
3. Eels
4. Panthers
5. Storm

;)

I understand the OP's sentiment but seriously even if we aren't last, it's not OK. 10 games in and our +/- is -100, 8-9 losses.

Always close... thereabouts, nearly there but actually never there for 10 years now.

We as fans don't set standards, but those who do are setting them too low or we are not meeting the standards.

I am loving this rejuvenated side- I can see they are taking pride in their performance, but letting in 5-6 tries every single week can't be showing pride.

Considering the team list and the fact we were playing with 14 for the last 30 minutes, I'm not mad at the result.

In reality cowboys were expected to beat us 13+ on current form (Take our tigers tinted glasses off).

Although they ran away with it there were possibly 4 tries there that were sketchy if the refs and bunker decided to play fair.

It Will be an interesting team list next week - expect probably another debut or two due to injury - special dispensation will surely have to come into it.

Put it this way....

The team we beat (eels), went on to beat the Panthers and the Storm, got beaten by 31 points by the cowboys, who only beat us by 24.

So CLEARLY the NRL table should be as follows:

1. Cowboys
2. Tigers
3. Eels
4. Panthers
5. Storm

;)
Batboy that u

I have called for a coaching change for ages, but things have definitely turned around. You can see a 'team' out there and a game plan now.

Whether it is new assistants...whether it is Sheens overseeing...or (IMO) Hastings being the missing piece...we have improved.

We are decimated...and next week get the Dogs, who will likely have sacked their coach. History shows most teams get a lift when that happens for one round. They have basically no injuries v us with tons out.

We will very likely be last...but I think we need to ride this period out. I expected us to be last this year 'and' to go backwards in terms of development.

We are definitely going forward...last will not be easy to accept, but I think we should all brace ourselves and see the bigger picture.

Things are improving. Add Appi and IP to this core...get everyone back...keep evolving as Hasting's team.

You can see a brighter 2023 at last.
sentiment great and I understand, but last is not on we are better than the dogs.

Regardless of the teams finishing position this year,there has been a turnaround in the wests tigers performance.The first rounds rounds of the competition the team was awful and we all wondered if the team would win a game in the season.
Successive wins and three reasonable performances help to erase memories of the seasons start.
Adding hastings to the halfback role has been pivotal.Being a competent goal kicker also adds to his value to the team.
Forumers have often lamented about the lack of an organising halfback and goal kicker.The team now has one.Despite the shortcomings of the replacement players around Hastingsat present,,they are all having a red hot crack.
So I'll be cheering and barracking again this weekend because i can see they are having a fair dinkum go.
and when the team get all their better players back,maybe even expect a few wins.

When Money is involved it's head over heart I'm afraid.. The Win over Souff's however put me in the lead..
To be perfectly honest, betting against Wests Tigers is in no way a dumb thing to do.

Win or lose, there is something to be at least a little bit happy about.

Back