Weak as Water

getagrip

Don't think much of the coach, but what has he got to work with? How many chances are the halves going to get to put a ball in the in goal area for an extra set.? They rarely get the ball through the damn line . It was like Groundhog day again tonight. How many times do we have to see tries on our the right side defence? Don't really care anymore about who they bring in. Just do something. The players there for the last 12 rounds just don't get it.Doesn't matter how good the rest of the team are, you can't give overcome this week in week out.

Roosters before today have looked like a team in steep decline.

Today they look like a big, strong powerful outfit of previous years??

Why is that??

To me it comes down to them just bullying us. Our forward didn't want a bar of it and our coaching staff failed to get them up for this game.

You said we looked "AS WEAK AS WATER" and that comes down to the coach and the players.

To me it was the worst loss of the season given we had just won 3 of outlast 4.

Some hysterical rants on here this evening. It was a bludger of a game due to the weather yet both sides had surprisingly good ball control.

Keys for me were:

JWH destroyed us up the middle;
Our right edge let us down as usual;
Hastings kicked very smartly and keep us pinned;
Brooks kicked poorly.

Our forwards didn't really get into the game until the second half.

Hysterical rants??

Wonder if we had a 13+ loss to a team coming 2nd last under Potter what you would have had to say?? :laughing:

Some Tigers fans just accept mediocrity. Another season slipping down the drain and "Oh well it was too wet we can't we too harsh"

We just lost by 13 + to the team coming 2nd last. We made them look good.

This was a crucial game for us if we want to try and fight for the finals?

I dont think the conditions are an excuse.

Easts were more motivated then us.They ran harder, had better body language and bullied us.

@Eddie said:
Hysterical rants??

Wonder if we had a 13+ loss to a team coming 2nd last under Potter what you would have had to say?? :laughing:

Some Tigers fans just accept mediocrity. Another season slipping down the drain and "Oh well it was too wet we can't we too harsh"

Easts were more motivated then us.They ran harder, had better body language and bullied us.

Two years ago I may have ranted as well. But I think I'm finding my zen, perhaps.

I wasn't as angry about this game as I have been about others. I thought we were beaten by a better side. Close to the best forward pack in the game with JWH back. Backline isn't too bad either. They are a far better side than their position on the table suggests.

@Eddie said:
Hysterical rants??

It is all to common, people just make excuses for failure, comes from within, the coach has a no accountability program running, and by geez it is working a treat.

I know they are not a bad side. However they had won 2 from 11 and are down the bottom.

However they were missing Pearce, Cordner and had 2 injuries in the first half.

If we were ever going to beat them it was today. We had everything to play for. And right from minute 1 you could see it was the same Old Roosters bash up Tigers bore fest.

I expected a bit more today, but maybe I should not with this side and this club.

@851 said:
@Eddie said:
Hysterical rants??

It is all to common, people just make excuses for failure, comes from within, the coach has a no accountability program running, and by geez it is working a treat.

Yes because ranting on here like a crazy person is just what the clubs listens to.

@Eddie said:
I expected a bit more today, but maybe I should not with this side and this club.

I think thats your problem. There is only one worse squad in the comp. We are not a good team and I have come to accept that.

I don't know about that.

We have Rep Players and future rep players.

I think it is easy cop out.

Im not saying we are a Top 8 squad, but I don't think were a really poor squad either.

How are a team like Gold Coast going better then us???

Thats when you have to ask questions.

I never expected us to beat the chooks, they're always up for playing us whereas we always seem to be intimidated by them. As soon as JWH put us on the backfoot we were always struggling. I thought we hung in there well but silly options in attack at crucial times hurt us and our kicking game was not up to standard.

@Eddie said:
I don't know about that.

We have Rep Players and future rep players.

I think it is easy cop out.

Im not saying we are a Top 8 squad, but I don't think were a really poor squad either.

How are a team like Gold Coast going better then us???

Thats when you have to ask questions.

We have one rep quality player - Teddy. No one else is close IMO.

Gold Coast have players like Greg Bird who have that mongrel and will to win.

We choose not to buy players with mongrel because fans complain. Instead we have players like Woods who are happy to go through the motions.

@willow said:
I never expected us to beat the chooks, they're always up for playing us whereas we always seem to be intimidated by them. As soon as JWH put us on the backfoot we were always struggling. I thought we hung in there well but silly options in attack at crucial times hurt us and our kicking game was not up to standard.

Pretty much how I saw combined with an incompetent right edge.

You said it Mongrel and Will to win

We don't have it it.

Which fans would complain if we bought players with mongrel??

@Eddie said:

We don't have it it.

Remember the uproar when Sheens went for Willie.

@southerntiger said:
@willow said:

Pretty much how I saw combined with an incompetent right edge.

"there always up for playing us"

I wonder why?

Its because we are weak as water when the acid is turned on us.

Says it all about this club.

Fans seemingly half accepting it grinds my gears !! (sorry)

@Eddie said:
I know they are not a bad side. However they had won 2 from 11 and are down the bottom.

However they were missing Pearce, Cordner and had 2 injuries in the first half.

If we were ever going to beat them it was today. We had everything to play for. And right from minute 1 you could see it was the same Old Roosters bash up Tigers bore fest.

Can you imagine what would have happened with them at full strength and no injuries??.

@southerntiger said:
@Eddie said:

We don't have it it.

Remember the uproar when Sheens went for Willie.

Was that from fans or sponsors??

Plenty of fans on here wanted him (Me included)

@southerntiger said:
@851 said:
@Eddie said:
Hysterical rants??

Yes because ranting on here like a crazy person is just what the clubs listens to.

We are now in third last position. The teams behind us have had only three or four wins between them .

Two of those wins have been against us.

The only loss that we've had against an inform team or a full strength team in form team was against Parra.
Use the rose coloured glasses as much as you like. But you're clutching at Straws.
There's some good players in our team, and I know that we have a giant ball around our neck by only having one decent Half at a time on any given week.
But we have to be in the two worst motivated teams in the NRL. And Taylor doesn't to be able to change that., and we seem to have no direction.

I still think we should bring in a interim coach until we can get another Head coach ,as these blokes aren't listening , or can see through the BS that Taylor spruiks.
If you think that Taylor is going to turn into a man manager in the last half of the season, were kidding ourselves. How can you possibly not think that the longer he's here, the longer we wait for an NRL standard team even on a semi regular basis.
What happened to any other club Coaches isn't relevant to what is happening here , now. Taylor should go now and let someone else come in and at least try to salvage something from this season.
Do nothing , and we'll just get more of his rubbish, if that's what you want that's fine, but I for one want to see at least an attempt to change where we are heading

Back