Weak as Water

Just a comment on "aggression" or "intimidation" …Does it really work? What when it becomes downright unsportsmanlike and dangerous? We saw a few examples out there today. Aggression can become a liability. This type of intimidation “works” only in the sense that it lessens the abilities of the other team, although it also completely circumvents the assumed fairness, integrity, and sportsmanship we should all expect in sports. It's a fine line. Plenty of intimidation/aggression in the SOO but usually the better team wins, regardless.
Or are we talking getting into the head of your opponent, a la Mick Ennis?

Without going into ALL the other problems/excuses for losses, including the weather and the opposition,, why can't the halves kick through the line? Why can't the outside backs number up. Doesn't seem a major, ongoing issue with other teams.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@southerntiger said:
@851 said:
@Eddie said:
Hysterical rants??

Wonder if we had a 13+ loss to a team coming 2nd last under Potter what you would have had to say?? :laughing:

Some Tigers fans just accept mediocrity. Another season slipping down the drain and "Oh well it was too wet we can't we too harsh"

We just lost by 13 + to the team coming 2nd last. We made them look good.

This was a crucial game for us if we want to try and fight for the finals?

I dont think the conditions are an excuse.

Easts were more motivated then us.They ran harder, had better body language and bullied us.

It is all to common, people just make excuses for failure, comes from within, the coach has a no accountability program running, and by geez it is working a treat.

Yes because ranting on here like a crazy person is just what the clubs listens to.

We are now in third last position. The teams behind us have had only three or four wins between them .

Two of those wins have been against us.

The only loss that we've had against an inform team or a full strength team in form team was against Parra.
Use the rose coloured glasses as much as you like. But you're clutching at Straws.
There's some good players in our team, and I know that we have a giant ball around our neck by only having one decent Half at a time on any given week.
But we have to be in the two worst motivated teams in the NRL. And Taylor doesn't to be able to change that., and we seem to have no direction.

I still think we should bring in a interim coach until we can get another Head coach ,as these blokes aren't listening , or can see through the BS that Taylor spruiks.
If you think that Taylor is going to turn into a man manager in the last half of the season, were kidding ourselves. How can you possibly not think that the longer he's here, the longer we wait for an NRL standard team even on a semi regular basis.
What happened to any other club Coaches isn't relevant to what is happening here , now. Taylor should go now and let someone else come in and at least try to salvage something from this season.
Do nothing , and we'll just get more of his rubbish, if that's what you want that's fine, but I for one want to see at least an attempt to change where we are heading

I made it clear weeks ago that Taylor should go. But it is clear that this is not going to happen. I assume because the board doesn't want to pay out another contract and also probably recognises that it doesn't really matter what coach we have, simply don't have the squad to compete over the next 18 months.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@southerntiger said:
@851 said:
@Eddie said:
Hysterical rants??

Wonder if we had a 13+ loss to a team coming 2nd last under Potter what you would have had to say?? :laughing:

Some Tigers fans just accept mediocrity. Another season slipping down the drain and "Oh well it was too wet we can't we too harsh"

We just lost by 13 + to the team coming 2nd last. We made them look good.

This was a crucial game for us if we want to try and fight for the finals?

I dont think the conditions are an excuse.

Easts were more motivated then us.They ran harder, had better body language and bullied us.

It is all to common, people just make excuses for failure, comes from within, the coach has a no accountability program running, and by geez it is working a treat.

Yes because ranting on here like a crazy person is just what the clubs listens to.

We are now in third last position. The teams behind us have had only three or four wins between them .

Two of those wins have been against us.

The only loss that we've had against an inform team or a full strength team in form team was against Parra.
Use the rose coloured glasses as much as you like. But you're clutching at Straws.
There's some good players in our team, and I know that we have a giant ball around our neck by only having one decent Half at a time on any given week.
But we have to be in the two worst motivated teams in the NRL. And Taylor doesn't to be able to change that., and we seem to have no direction.

I still think we should bring in a interim coach until we can get another Head coach ,as these blokes aren't listening , or can see through the BS that Taylor spruiks.
If you think that Taylor is going to turn into a man manager in the last half of the season, were kidding ourselves. How can you possibly not think that the longer he's here, the longer we wait for an NRL standard team even on a semi regular basis.
What happened to any other club Coaches isn't relevant to what is happening here , now. Taylor should go now and let someone else come in and at least try to salvage something from this season.
Do nothing , and we'll just get more of his rubbish, if that's what you want that's fine, but I for one want to see at least an attempt to change where we are heading

At the start of the year I was one of the ones saying he should be given the chance to see out his contract but like you said nothing is going to change… He needs to go he really has no idea to select a team or get a team up for the weekly grind of the NRL.

…"it doesn't really matter what coach we have, simply don't have the squad to compete over the next 18 months."

This.

@getagrip said:
Without going into ALL the other problems/excuses for losses, including the weather and the opposition,, why can't the halves kick through the line? Why can't the outside backs number up. Doesn't seem a major, ongoing issue with other teams.

The Roosters gave our boys a lesson on what repeat sets can do for you in that first half, I hope our boys took notice and learn from it.

@Tigerheart_returns said:
…"it doesn't really matter what coach we have, simply don't have the squad to compete over the next 18 months."

This.

Sorry , but it does matter he simply doesn't have the ability to get a team on to a field and motivated. There's enough good players here to be Getting netter results, not necessarily winning a lot more , but at least pushing oppositions a lot harder that we are. Some of our games are embarrassing .

He's the coach, he gets the money. But there's no decent results
IT Matters.

Just a comment on "aggression" or "intimidation" …Does it really work? What when it becomes downright unsportsmanlike and dangerous? We saw a few examples out there today. Aggression can become a liability. This type of intimidation “works” only in the sense that it lessens the abilities of the other team, although it also completely circumvents the assumed fairness, integrity, and sportsmanship we should all expect in sports. It's a fine line. Plenty of intimidation/aggression in the SOO but usually the better team wins, regardless.

A prop without aggression isn't very often in first grade, true it has to be controlled,
And sometimes goes over the top a bit, but there's times that a penalty is worth it, and then there are dumb penalties.
Props sail close to the wind at times, but that's their job
Their forwards ran right over us today , maybe with too much aggression at times, but that's better than playing with none. Which is mainly thebway we roll.

Its not like our problem of players appearing indifferent, lacking attitude, aggression and desire is something new
Its been an endemic problem at this club since day dot….its been a problem for taylor, for potter, and for sheens
A new coach would need several seasons and a blank unrestricted recruitment chequebook

@tigermac88 said:
The Roosters gave our boys a lesson on what repeat sets can do for you in that first half, I hope our boys took notice and learn from it.

Hey you know who's really good at dribbling a kick into the in goal area to get a repeat set? Robbie Farah.

Why can't Woods take the line on and still get a ball out - even Moses managed to do it today. Is Woods under instruction not to do so or was that a joke?

@innsaneink said:
Its not like our problem of players appearing indifferent, lacking attitude, aggression and desire is something new
Its been an endemic problem at this club since day dot….its been a problem for taylor, for potter, and for sheens
A new coach would need several seasons and a blank unrestricted recruitment chequebook

Your right, its not just an issue the past 2 season.

I thought we were on the right track under Potter at times.

His reign was decimated by injuries.

When our pack was on the paddock I remember them playing with really aggressive intent.

The Roosters played much smarter than us today - had us completely worked out, went in with a game plan and executed well. On the other hand, there was the Tigers - no apparent game plan (unless it was executed so poorly it became non existent), not playing to the conditions, and just going through the same motions as every other week, hoping for a good result.

Poor coaching - They weren't adapted to anything that was thrown at them today. Execution wasn't enough to make up for it either.

I am just talking about things like running hard and straight with an intention of breaking the tackle, or at least bending the line. Not talking a soft one out run and submitting to the initial contact and ending up in a bad position. The only blokes that seem to run hard are Lawrence & Lovett, but they are both lacking in size somewhat.

@Harvey said:

I am just talking about things like running hard and straight with an intention of breaking the tackle, or at least bending the line. Not talking a soft one out run and submitting to the initial contact and ending up in a bad position. The only blokes that seem to run hard are Lawrence & Lovett, but they are both lacking in size somewhat.

we show it at times, but when the going gets tough we're usually the softer side.

hard to say if its a cultural thing, it might be. i dont think we've ever been the hardest team or even a hard team in 16 years. some flashy footy got us good results, but no hard running like you see from the chooks, dogs, cows and even sharks

@innsaneink said:

Yep. Been saying it all year.nothing will change unless wests chuck some serious into the joint.
It's an average squad we have, we don't deserve to be favorites against anyone. I'm surprised people still expect us to win.

What did my head in was the amount if times our piss weak players got forced back into the in goal .
Diabolical effort .

Jwh dominnated us again,everytime we play the chooks he does,no one stands up to him and no-one can stop him,thank god cordner is injured otherwise he would have calved us as well,how many times did the roosters push the tigers back into the ingoal,or over the sideline,while the tigers put no pressure on them with there kick chase,and no defensive pressure.

@southerntiger said:
Some hysterical rants on here this evening. It was a bludger of a game due to the weather yet both sides had surprisingly good ball control.

Keys for me were:

JWH destroyed us up the middle;
Our right edge let us down as usual;
Hastings kicked very smartly and keep us pinned;
Brooks kicked poorly.

Our forwards didn't really get into the game until the second half.

JT' stupid decision not to play Robbie was the key for me.

Back