Western Suburbs Magpies vs Windsor Wolves

by tomcat » Wed 29 Jul, 2009 8:07 am
>
Geo. wrote:
Laurie named for Wests…..was hoping for a call up to first grade....He goes alright against Manly...
I cant see Laurie playing first grade again this year,,hes too lazy,,its like he goes walkabout half way through a game.Always looks lost on the field

Interestingly I thought Laurie's faults were really highlighted in this game. The things you mentioned as well as poor ball security and passing really stood out in this company,which is weird because I noticed them more in this club game as opposed to his NRL games. Might be the stunning NSW Cup camera work and commentary :unamused:

Wolves side
1 Ben McFadgean
2 Chris Barlow
**3 Geoff Daniela**
4 Andrew Emelio
5 Daniel King

6 Jono Rolfe
7 Keith Peters

8 Steve Meredith
9 Ray Nasso
10 Andrew Pearn
11 Junior Moors
12 Josh Bateman (C)
13 Adam Schubert

14 Dan Randall
15 Faalavaau Pintone
16 Shane Blackett
17 Ryan Tramonte
19 Ashley Hazelton
20 Michael Burns

COACH
Adam Przybyla

Great win by the Magpies….maybe Coach Sheens should have been at Campbelltown watching the Wests, Instead of up in the Leichhardt's Coach Box with Paul Fletcher

@innsaneink said:
Davis scored 4 pies….opposition centre was crap apparently

He didn't but he was a handfull all game….and yes the opposition 3 was garbage....

Tries: Collis 2, Pritchard, Rysko, Everingham, N.Waters, Akeripa, Vlaciky
Goals: Charlie 8/8

Best - Akeripa, Beetham, B.Waters

Windor hard nothing up against the power of the Magpies outside men in Davis and Akeripa. Powerful display by both players. How a player like Daniela can be signed up before these two Magpies is beyond me. Daniela was a speed bump. Davis continually ran over him and brushed him aside with ease.

Akeripa was at his blockbusting self and could not be controlled by the Wolves. Laid on tries for Collis and Pritchard and scored one himself off a great pass from Wiz Waters. Waters is on fire at the moment and really dominating. Went off early in the first half, so fingers crossed its not to serious.

Beetham was the best forward on the park with some great metres and stinging defence. A player to look out for in the future. Laurie was a passenger and Collis didn't really do much other than back up to score his two tries.

Good effort from Wests. Though the defence early in the second half was poor, to allow the Wolves to score three unanswered tries in the opening 20 mins after leading 30-0 at half time.

That and the useless ref….Defence was very in thier face all day....especially when Laurie was off the field...

3 Waters...If Benji goes down Sheens could do worse...
2 Betham....if not for Waters he was mom not doubt...Had to do Laurie's tackling for him...
1\. Akeripa....Sirro will be impressed....both in tight bent the line often and as a wide running second rower scoring a try and laying 1 each on a plate for Pritchard and Collis....

Special mention Rysko, Herekotukutuku...struggled a bit under the high ball but he ain't really a fullback, Davis,Trimarchi and Everingham what about when he burried the Wolves player forcing an error...

Best for the Wolves Junior Moors...

Raspberry award Daine Laurie...you know you are having a bad day when your State Cup team uses you as a decoy runner in attack and you where the whole game absolutely pathetic in defense...U 8 stuff...The Ref....for doing his best to keep the Wolves in it I think he felt sorry for them at 12 nil after 3 minutes....Daniela...Jesus..... I can only pray he was playing for us a year early 7 of the 8 tries where scored down his side of the field........Will be a great pick up for BRET...

Sorry got mixed up with Hoare and Waters. Wiz did play the whole game.

Great win for Wests. The news does not sound good on Laurie and Daniela though. Doesn't sound like Laurie will find himself in FG again this season and we may have bought Daniela to play for Wests or BRET from the sounds of it. Hopefully Akeripa, Pritchard and Davis are promoted to the top squad because it sounds like they will make a go of it if given the chance.

I was at the game Willow,and DANIELA had a shocker,,DAVIS ran over the top of him all game,Davis made him look very very ordinary indeed…as for LAURIE,he wont be back in first grade in my opinion,,he was just sticking his hand out to make tackles,looked ok in patches ,but in the big over all picture,,no...

@tomcat said:
I was at the game Willow,and DANIELA had a shocker,,DAVIS ran over the top of him all game,Davis made him look very very ordinary indeed…as for LAURIE,he wont be back in first grade in my opinion,,he was just sticking his hand out to make tackles,looked ok in patches ,but in the big over all picture,,no...

Not good, not good at all. So we've got one player in Laurie with plenty of potential having a dummy spit and not trying, while the other one in Daniela tries but is simply not up to standard. I hope we paid peanuts for him.

Second week back and looking good Deano - great to see you cross the line a few times too.
Newtown at Henson next week will be a massive game…

@Aladinsane said:
Great win by the Magpies….maybe Coach Sheens should have been at Campbelltown watching the Wests, Instead of up in the Leichhardt's Coach Box with Paul Fletcher

Who cares where he was?

@Aladinsane said:

Don't worry …. Grant Jones was there plus a few other interested spectators...1 pretty ordinay Camera...but plenty of good stuff to report back to Sheens...

You would have liked Wests defence.....

@Don Brodga said:
@Aladinsane said:

Who cares where he was?

Wherever he was ….lets hope Manly was amoungst his thoughts....Where would you like him to be....

@Geo. said:
@Aladinsane said:

Don't worry …. Grant Jones was there plus a few other interested spectators...1 pretty ordinay Camera...but plenty of good stuff to report back to Sheens...

You would have liked Wests defence.....

Grant Jones in attendance ? Just to watch Stolky ? McDonnell was also there also.

I saw him sitting in the stand….all by himself right up the back....just to watch Stolky....

Back