Wests Tigers’ Retention Challenge

Thanks for the welcome.

Complicated business people, complicated.

I don't think we have seen a game where both Brooks and Moses have played as well as when they play without the other. In this case, Moses needs to be retained and much like Thurston, needs to have that permission to roam and inject when he wants. Both playing only one side of the field each doesn't work. Don't know who you put in at halfback, but they would just need to do a solid job.

In regards to others, I expect more from Simona and Naiqama. Add Sue in their too along with Lovett and Rankin.

I would love to see Paseka and Marsters in the squad in as well.

Let's make the Tigers great again.

Woods. Have wests tigers had a better prop? Has to be a retained.

My order for reference is Tedesco, Moses, Woods, Brooks, but gee i think losing Woods would be a huge step backwards from being serious contenders.

@Hbom said:

My order for reference is Tedesco, Moses, Woods, Brooks, but gee i think losing Woods would be a huge step backwards from being serious contenders.

True but I think it's easier to replace a rep-level prop than a rep-level fullback or half.

Apart from the players wanting to test their market value, the other thing that is making it harder for the club to retain them is the fact that the NRL has not finalised details of what the 2018 or how many players come under the cap (top 25 increasing). Hard to draw up a business plan without knowledge of the budget.

@Hbom said:

Not based on his form this year. He a borderline plodder for us this year. He just ambled to the line, then seized up on impact and stood like a statue. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times he offloaded this year.

Would love to be wrong, but i can't see us making any announcements on re-signings until late February.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@Hbom said:

Not based on his form this year. He a borderline plodder for us this year. He just ambled to the line, then seized up on impact and stood like a statue. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times he offloaded this year.

Would love to be wrong, but i can't see us making any announcements on re-signings until late February.

Borderline plodder that got picked alongside Matt Scott as one of the best two props in Australia? :/

@marzie said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@Hbom said:

Borderline plodder that got picked alongside Matt Scott as one of the best two props in Australia? :/

Oh that's right, the Aussie team has a reputation for being picked on form :unamused:

@Newtown said:
Sounds like WT have not able to retain Elijah Taylor.

Sorry for the false alarm. Some incompetent journalist initially wrote that ET had not signed with WT. The same journalist has now change words in his earlier story to now claim that ET has signed with WT.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@marzie said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@Hbom said:

Oh that's right, the Aussie team has a reputation for being picked on form :unamused:

Fair point

I just think that for some reason he is heavily underrated by a lot of our fans but all I hear from supporters of other teams is how highly they rate him, how they'd love him on their team etc

I'd be extremely disappointed if we lost the big fella

@GNR4LIFE said:
@marzie said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@Hbom said:

Fair point

I just think that for some reason he is heavily underrated by a lot of our fans but all I hear from supporters of other teams is how highly they rate him, how they'd love him on their team etc

@marzie said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@marzie said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

Fair point

I don't want to lose him either, but his form this year dropped off a cliff. 2016 was the first time he's really copped any flack. Not sure what happened, but he needs a rocket next year.

Woodsy doesn't have much of a pack around him either.

I'll go as far as saying his effort against NZ over there last season is one of the best individual performances by a forward in WT history. He was unbelievable that day. And by many reports, his leadership off the field is exemplary. He, Teddy and Moses to be re-signed. Make or break for Brooks this year.

You don't need to look at Woods directly, just watch how we go when he comes off. A great player, in my opinion.

I wouldnt swap Woods for any other aussie prop good work rate and sensible attitude on the field.A good captain

@GNR4LIFE said:
@marzie said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@marzie said:

Fair point

I don't want to lose him either, but his form this year dropped off a cliff. 2016 was the first time he's really copped any flack. **Not sure what happened, but he needs a rocket next year.**

Pressure of the captaincy maybe? Especially with Farah still in the background. Hopefully he'll make the captaincy his own and he will be back to his best form next year.

@Newtown said:
@Newtown said:
Sounds like WT have not able to retain Elijah Taylor.

Sorry for the false alarm. Some incompetent journalist initially wrote that ET had not signed with WT. The same journalist has now change words in his earlier story to now claim that ET has signed with WT.

You give him too much credit.

On Woodsy… I think he still has more to offer, could take his game to another level...his backing into the defence like a truck into a loading dock does my head in... All that usually ensures is a slow ptb
Wed miss him if he wasn't there... He needs to improve and I think there's room to

@bathursttiger said:
@sideline eye said:
You don't need to look at Woods directly, just watch how we go when he comes off. A great player, in my opinion.

X2

x3
Some critics on this forum didn't see too many WT games this year. :bash
His stats speak, I do not remember we ever had a prop
who was leading NRL in meters run, even when he did not play all games :smiley:
meters run per game 160.4
tackles per game 27.3
MT per game 1.3
I would not swap him even for J Bronwich :sign:

@InBenjiWeTrust said:
@bathursttiger said:
@sideline eye said:

X2

x3
Some critics on this forum didn't see too many WT games this year. :bash
His stats speak, I do not remember we ever had a prop
who was leading NRL in meters run, even when he did not play all games :smiley:
meters run per game 160.4
tackles per game 27.3
MT per game 1.3
I would not swap him even for J Bronwich :sign:

Latest posts

Back