Wests Tigers and the finals

hmmm im not a mathematician so i could be totally wrong here, but going off even our best numbers we are more likely to get lower than 2nd

1% chance of coming first
22% chance of coming second

so thats a whopping 77% chance of coming either 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th
or 58% chance of coming 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th

could be wrong

2nd is the most likely position on it's own. ie 2nd v 3rd v 4th etc. It is more likely however that we come somewhere below 2nd. I hope that makes sense?

@Kul said:
hmmm im not a mathematician so i could be totally wrong here, but going off even our best numbers we are more likely to get lower than 2nd

1% chance of coming first
22% chance of coming second

so thats a whopping 77% chance of coming either 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th
or 58% chance of coming 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th

could be wrong

Haha glass half empty kind of guy..
lol but what your saying does make sense.

I dont think that it really matters where in the top 4 we come as long as we make it as there are some dangerous teams in the bottom eight including roosters, warriors, sea eagles and broncos.
Having said that a week of would be GREAT.

@matty tiepie said:
i think we can win at least 2 maybe all 3\. It all depends on how we play this week against parra. We win it ends their year and will give us a heap of confidence for the last 2 games. I am always happy to play the gold coast as for some reason i am always confident playing them

\
\
im actually hoping that gold coast beat easts this week and win next week so that by round 26 the have a top four spot sewn up and we have an easier time with them.

@magpie mania said:
@matty tiepie said:
i think we can win at least 2 maybe all 3\. It all depends on how we play this week against parra. We win it ends their year and will give us a heap of confidence for the last 2 games. I am always happy to play the gold coast as for some reason i am always confident playing them

\
\
im actually hoping that gold coast beat easts this week and win next week so that by round 26 the have a top four spot sewn up and we have an easier time with them.

Are you suggesting that if we have won our next two and sewn up a top four spot we should take the foot of the pedal?

No game from here is going to be easy. Even if they have a top four spot in the bag, they will want a big win going into the finals and for the home crowd. Just like we will.

I think we will win our last 3 games so its not an issue …... the only issue is where we play the home semi .... and after a lengthy discussion with Stephen on Sunday night ....... Leichhardt is a big possibility.

***SPOILERS FOR FRIDAY 20 AUGUST***

The results from tonight have just absolutely blown out the chance of us missing the 8

Wests Tigers have now qualified for the Finals for the first time in 4 Years….

One very proud and happy supporter here...Well done Players, Coaching staff, Management, Cherrgirls, waterboys, ballboys and most of all US....the Supporters....

:wahoo:

It's been a long wait.....PUMPED...

Now...Look out....

:sign:

Yep definitely in the finals now :slight_smile:

A good win against the Storm next week *should* seal up a top 4 spot

@Geo. said:

One very proud and happy supporter here...Well done Players, Coaching staff, Management, Cherrgirls, waterboys, ballboys and most of all US....the Supporters....

Now...Look out....

I agree,he says whilst very slowly drinking a can of woodstock. :wahoo:
thanks wests-tigers :sign:

@westTAHger said:
@Geo. said:

Now...Look out....

I agree,he says whilst very slowly drinking a can of woodstock. :wahoo:
thanks wests-tigers :sign:

Cheers, TAH! Enjoy that one!!!

It could be tough but the Wests Tigers are in the right frame of mind to weather the storm

Now that we are guaranteed of being there i think we need to aim for a top 2 spot - 1st is mathematically possible but highly improbable - to secure no. 2 we need to win both games - in this competition where anyone can win on their day no. 1 & 2 spots are very important. The next thing the club needs to do is play the home final at Leichhardt ( and no i'm not an ex balmain supporter i'm a magpie through and through but we are a harder side to beat at leichhardt )- stuff the NRL and i'm sorry to say the 20K fans who miss out - if we are serious about mounting a challenge we need to take every advantage available - short term pain ( i'e loss of revenue )for long term gain ( premiership).

Totally agree with Diedpretty…Lets get a home semi and take it to Leichhardt. Its our Fortress after all and we've lost too many close games over the years at SFS and Homebush.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I think we can still finish anywhere between 1st and 7th

Back