Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

As i've mentioned in another thread, i think now is the time to continue to have our voices heard (even if some disagree). All the drama with Lee shows the completely unprofessional nature of our board, and the complete lack of strategic thinking and planning they have. Everything is reactive.

This why we fail.

Frankly, in my opinion it's unfathomable that anyone currently on the board continues. This board meeting is hopefully the final nail in their metaphorical coffins. They have all demonstrated their incompetence. Hopefully HB group can source some new board members, currently unaffiliated with the current leadership team.

Let them know what you think of their professionalism and performance

Tony Andreacchio: tony.andreacchio@ashfield.rh.com.au
Danny Stapleton: danny@prioritycoatings.com.au
Rick Wade: rwayde@hotmail.com
Lee Hagipentalis: leeh@brydens.com.au

Apparently wild man Dennis has an email, if anyone would like to add that it would be welcome, same for Romero.

We need professionals, Managing Directors of companies. People with strategic thinking. Hopefully the review comes to these conclusions too. The wheels of change are turning, and we need to make sure the message gets across that their failings and shortcomings can no longer be overlooked.

Last edited:
please can someone explain to me how this is an independent review when Mr Barnier and his family is tipping in money to the club.says he isn't doing it for payment but based on his emotional connection for the club.when did emotions ever have a fair outcome to a problem,out n out take over(fair enough)but spare us the emotional BS.

please can someone explain to me how this is an independent review when Mr Barnier and his family is tipping in money to the club.says he isn't doing it for payment but based on his emotional connection for the club.when did emotions ever have a fair outcome to a problem,out n out take over(fair enough)but spare us the emotional BS.

we obviously don’t worry about conflicts of interest at WT, otherwise you wouldn’t have the main sponsor contributing a million dollars a year and taking on the position as the CEO…

Lee crying about conflict of interest now .. how funny 😂

we obviously don’t worry about conflicts of interest at WT, otherwise you wouldn’t have the main sponsor contributing a million dollars a year and taking on the position as the CEO…

Lee crying about conflict of interest now .. how funny 😂

Lee is appearing to be a massive hypocrite, probably would not be a shock to anybody.

I think Pascoe will go quietly when he’s punted and purged from our memories. He seems like the type of bloke to know he’s sucked this well dry and will just move on.

The 🎩 on the other hand. This guy will ruin the club in the media. Make WT even more of a joke organization with a very public and pathetic dummy spit.

I feel we are nearly out of the dark times with both likely to go but I think it’s gunna get worse before it gets better.
Great to hear he’s in Vietnam on a family holiday. He’s got the club high flying so no important business back home. The jackass.

I’m quite sad about the Tim Sheens departure!

I don’t pretend to know the full story and understand there are two sides to every story. But Tim Sheens is a club legend and will always be remembered as our inaugural premiership coach & a fairytale premiership at that.

The Board & CEO made the decision to bring him back to the club to set us back on the path to glory.

And what we will probably never know is what his contribution was to get us to that next premiership! We know the harsh decisions with Maguire & players cut but there is probably a lot Sheens did with our pathways and identifying the next crop for Matt Betsey to get pathways contracted. And what may prove to be his lasting legacy is Benji as coach!

It just shits me to tears how the Chair, Board & CEO once again made a huge decision in backing Sheens and then decided it wasn’t working prior to his contract fulfilment. It’s time for the Board & CEO to accept their responsibility and make change at their level. It’s time for a new CEO and new Chair (unfortunately I believe they have lost the respect of a majority members, fans, media, managers & no doubt other stakeholders). We need a fresh image painted of our Board & senior administration and an image painted with the word RESPECT.
Another word - COMPETENCE.

If anyone thinks that by ridding the club of Lee and Pascoe we’re headed in the right direction, I wouldn’t get too excited. So far HBG don’t sound much better. We really need some of their board members to stand down also.

The whole board should go,we need a fresh competent board not one that is rusted on to the job

Read David Riccio’s sticks from this morning g and you will see why change will do more damage than what it’s worth.
The telegraph and all journalists were calling for their heads a few weeks back. I dont think you can read much into anything that is written at the moment on both sides. It is all creating drama and clicks for them which they love.

Once the board get the findings of the review, I think they need to make a call quick on the recommendations and 'rip off the band-aid' if they are going for change.

Read David Riccio’s sticks from this morning g and you will see why change will do more damage than what it’s worth.
It’s just a contradictory story to keep conversation going.
Doesn’t mean shit similar to the ones over the past few days.

It’s just a contradictory story to keep conversation going.
Doesn’t mean shit similar to the ones over the past few days.
It means players and their managers would rather put up with the current management and see where the fresh plan of signing a lot of young talent takes the club over the next 18 months to 2 years, rather than have mass change and have the uncertainty of not knowing what a potential new club hierarchy has in their plans moving forward.

I’m quite sad about the Tim Sheens departure!

I don’t pretend to know the full story and understand there are two sides to every story. But Tim Sheens is a club legend and will always be remembered as our inaugural premiership coach & a fairytale premiership at that.

The Board & CEO made the decision to bring him back to the club to set us back on the path to glory.

And what we will probably never know is what his contribution was to get us to that next premiership! We know the harsh decisions with Maguire & players cut but there is probably a lot Sheens did with our pathways and identifying the next crop for Matt Betsey to get pathways contracted. And what may prove to be his lasting legacy is Benji as coach!

It just shits me to tears how the Chair, Board & CEO once again made a huge decision in backing Sheens and then decided it wasn’t working prior to his contract fulfilment. It’s time for the Board & CEO to accept their responsibility and make change at their level. It’s time for a new CEO and new Chair (unfortunately I believe they have lost the respect of a majority members, fans, media, managers & no doubt other stakeholders). We need a fresh image painted of our Board & senior administration and an image painted with the word RESPECT.
It’s hearsay, as i was heard last night from a person who has a connection to Tim; that Tim wasn’t keen or interested in coaching this year, his task was purely to coach Benji, front the media and keep Benji out of the public or media space.
I too feel sorry for him, he was approached to come back to the club to help the club at a pathways level to get things back in shape. Immediately after due to a bit of media pressure he was promoted to head of football, following that he was pushed into head coach. Tim would most likely still be at the club if he was able to remain in the original position he was sought for.
Hopefully this year was worth it.

It means players and their managers would rather put up with the current management and see where the fresh plan of signing a lot of young talent takes the club over the next 18 months to 2 years, rather than have mass change and have the uncertainty of not knowing what a potential new club hierarchy has in their plans moving forward.
Who gives a shit what they think?
Players and their managers have run this club into the ground for the past 18 years now for just as many wooden spoons collected as finals appearances.

Can you post it?

Back