Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

Did you even read the first sentence i wrote> Of course not just jump on your high horse as usual.

Righto you ####...
I'm agreeing with you (Maybe worded a little incorrectly)

The point that you're finding something from black and white TV almost to defend him says all I really need to know....

Last edited by a moderator:
Righto you ####...
I'm agreeing with you (Maybe worded a little incorrectly)

The point that you're finding something from black and white TV almost to defend him says all I really need to know....
You really are a self righteous , loud mouthed so and so aren't you. I am not defending him and in fact as i said i believe his use by date was ages ago and nowhere in your post do i see you agreeing with me. You and a few other posters on here have a real bee in your bonnet about how bad the board are but all you and the others ever do is ram your useless comments down everyones throat I would think most people on here realise how incompetent the board are but we don't need to hear the whining every second post.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a plan? Thanks to God, I was always thinking we were like a rudderless ship in the Bermuda Triangle?
I know we’ve had a massive injection of DNA, but why does it always seem like the only thing we’re developing is our comedy routine. Ali didn’t win that many fights by having his opponent laugh till it hurts. 🤣
I think 20/40 if we were winning our share of games the front office...the plan or whatevever, probably wouldn't get much of a mention.
The only reason we talk about them so much is because our team is a shambles and we've connected the dots (or dopes).
Time for a survey for now and whenever we improve then compare the two....hope I live long enough to actually do it. 😉

I would say that none of them will stand down coz imo they don’t believe they’re the problem.
Now I see and understand all sides of the postings but I think we’re wasting time demanding they leave.
And as I said previously, people power only works within the parameters of our constitution which revolves around Wests Ashfield members( for a minimum 3 years) running for the board.
So if there are WTF members who cover that criteria then have a go at change. That’s the only way it can happen.
Given the catastrophe that has unfolded under their watch and their appointment of friends and buddies to highly paid key positions and the complete absence of any adherence to process, accountability and transparency:-

The WT Board could not arrive at any other rational conclusion other than that they are entirely incompetent to be managing a football club.

Moreover, they should be keenly aware of their evident shortcomings based on results and a reputation so much in tatters a castaway would reject it.

I am afraid they well know all this, but continue to defy truth by keeping their putrid, decaying and rotting hands in club affairs seemingly out of selfishness, grand denial and a pathological determination to make everyone else suffer so they can be proved right in 2036 or whatever when we jag second last on account of the Dolphins getting done for a salary cap incursion.

If they are going to put themselves first before the club, before us, we are entitled to give it to them for so long as they continue.

It’s called club abuse and I’m not going down with them, no way, not without a fight. I owe that to the fans of both clubs no longer with us.

We have a heavy and ongoing responsibility, the board need to know what 99% of us think of them every waking minute.

If people here want to keep digging their own grave, that’s fine by me, I don’t get personal, but I’m tired of the club pissing on our backs and telling us it’s raining.

The Board must know they are complete rubbish and that their staying on with their stupid, unprofessional, self loathing, self enrichment and miserable antics will almost certainly kill this club.

Last edited:
Nope that won't do it either. There are only 2 seats on the Wests Ashfield board that are voted for by the general membership of Wests Ashfield. Wests Ashfield board then appoint the majority of seats to the Wests Tigers board.
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I have got a bit confused.
Just re reading the fine print there are actually 1 Chairman, 4 WA directors, 1 BT director and 2 independent directors on the WTFC board. A nominations committee reviews the candidates credentials and appoints them when/if a vacancy arises eg Lee H replacing Marina Go.
To qualify as a WA director you must be a member for a minimum of 3 years then you can offer your nomination as a WA board member if a vacancy exists or if nominations are called. That enables you to then potentially qualify as a WTFC board member when/if a vacancy arises. But you would then still have to receive the approval of the noms commitee.
As WTFC is a Pty Ltd company, no paid up members of the club can nominate for the board.
Basically that tells me that it’s a very tight and protected group which is hard to break into.
I think that’s all correct ( at least according to my Google search) but if you have further info look forward to reading it.

Given the catastrophe that has unfolded under their watch and their appointment of friends and buddies to highly paid key positions and the complete absence of any adherence to process, accountability and transparency:-

The WT Board could not arrive at any other rational conclusion other than that they are entirely incompetent to be managing a football club.

Moreover, they should be keenly aware of their evident shortcomings based on results and a reputation so much in tatters a castaway would reject it.

I am afraid they well know all this, but continue to defy truth by keeping their putrid, decaying and rotting hands in club affairs seemingly out of selfishness, grand denial and a pathological determination to make everyone else suffer so they can be proved right in 2036 or whatever when we jag second last on account of the Dolphins getting done for a salary cap incursion.

If they are going to put themselves first before the club, before us, we are entitled to give it to them for so long as they continue.

It’s called club abuse and I’m not going down with them, no way, not without a fight. I owe that to the fans of both clubs no longer with us.

We have a heavy and ongoing responsibility, the board need to know what 99% of us think of them every waking minute.

If people here want to keep digging their own grave, that’s fine by me, I don’t get personal, but I’m tired of the club pissing on our backs and telling us it’s raining.

The Board must know they are complete rubbish and that their staying on with their stupid, unprofessional, self loathing, self enrichment and miserable antics will almost certainly kill this club.
Well I can remember during my working days, my company had major issues with supply of product from a major Australian food company.
A lot of what was happening was being shielded from the Board so my CEO and myself drafted a letter and proposal and sent each director a copy.
The end result was that it became a board discussion and my company was given a trial period to prove our case.
We subsequently obtained a formal agreement and enjoyed many successful years with that supplier.
Whilst the background is different the point is that maybe that is an avenue that we, as loyal WT supporters, both past and present, may wish to explore.
But a word of warning, the proposal must be non personal and have a positive impact on the performance of the organisation concerned, otherwise it goes straight in the bin.
Food for thought.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I have got a bit confused.
Just re reading the fine print there are actually 1 Chairman, 4 WA directors, 1 BT director and 2 independent directors on the WTFC board. A nominations committee reviews the candidates credentials and appoints them when/if a vacancy arises eg Lee H replacing Marina Go.
To qualify as a WA director you must be a member for a minimum of 3 years then you can offer your nomination as a WA board member if a vacancy exists or if nominations are called. That enables you to then potentially qualify as a WTFC board member when/if a vacancy arises. But you would then still have to receive the approval of the noms commitee.
As WTFC is a Pty Ltd company, no paid up members of the club can nominate for the board.
Basically that tells me that it’s a very tight and protected group which is hard to break into.
I think that’s all correct ( at least according to my Google search) but if you have further info look forward to reading it.
That point about being a Pty Ltd should read “no paid up football club members” ie you and I can nominate .

Not my words or even the words of anyone on this forum but if I sample the comments of NRL commentators , Past players , ex coaches etc I hear these
descriptions of the club -political hotbed ,toxic atmosphere , putrid ,stench and the more these terms are expressed by a wide range of nrl media personalities the more our image sinks and when its coupled with coming last and having our defence described by commentators as it being like the other team was having a training run and men against boys . Let's face it our reputation has hit rock bottom and of course that makes recruitment of top players really hard
So then to read that the board is a very tight and protected group as just said by HB61 its like saying just suck it up as nothing can be done
Maybe if Tim can lure a real superstar by paying ridiculous overs then a couple of others might get interested

Not my words or even the words of anyone on this forum but if I sample the comments of NRL commentators , Past players , ex coaches etc I hear these
descriptions of the club -political hotbed ,toxic atmosphere , putrid ,stench and the more these terms are expressed by a wide range of nrl media personalities the more our image sinks and when its coupled with coming last and having our defence described by commentators as it being like the other team was having a training run and men against boys . Let's face it our reputation has hit rock bottom and of course that makes recruitment of top players really hard
So then to read that the board is a very tight and protected group as just said by HB61 its like saying just suck it up as nothing can be done
Maybe if Tim can lure a real superstar by paying ridiculous overs then a couple of others might get interested
Totally agree so now it’s over to the football operations group( pretty much what the board would tell us) to weave some magic via recruitment, new coaching ideas and the like.
Some top signings would be a great place to start , but it doesn’t mean diddly squat if results don’t follow !
That’s the bottom line. And, of course, if Tim and Co can get some results then the board will say it was a master stroke in appointing that coaching group.
Like every year, we’ve all got to hope that we get better, despite our slide into hell this season. Well football hell anyway.

Totally agree so now it’s over to the football operations group( pretty much what the board would tell us) to weave some magic via recruitment, new coaching ideas and the like.
Some top signings would be a great place to start , but it doesn’t mean diddly squat if results don’t follow !
That’s the bottom line. And, of course, if Tim and Co can get some results then the board will say it was a master stroke in appointing that coaching group.
Like every year, we’ve all got to hope that we get better, despite our slide into hell this season. Well football hell anyway.
And this of course is while the CEO courts sponsors and sells merchandise and has the accounts looking immaculate.
Will we ever forget Pascoe famous hat sales story ! We’re selling heaps of hats. Lol.

• Love
Reactions: TSP
Well I can remember during my working days, my company had major issues with supply of product from a major Australian food company.
A lot of what was happening was being shielded from the Board so my CEO and myself drafted a letter and proposal and sent each director a copy.
The end result was that it became a board discussion and my company was given a trial period to prove our case.
We subsequently obtained a formal agreement and enjoyed many successful years with that supplier.
Whilst the background is different the point is that maybe that is an avenue that we, as loyal WT supporters, both past and present, may wish to explore.
But a word of warning, the proposal must be non personal and have a positive impact on the performance of the organisation concerned, otherwise it goes straight in the bin.
Food for thought.
Sorry Hal no way.

If the board can’t see for themselves how stuffed up everything is, things are far worse than I could envisage.

I suggest to you that they well know how ghastly things are as admitted by Lee a few weeks ago.

He speaks for them and he well conceded what a basket case the club is followed by more atrocious spin that no one could bother listening to the end of.

Pascoe is their servant and the person they interact with all the time.

Without a knowledge of his recommendations it’s harder to fault him, but at any rate, the board are responsible, they are accountable and left holding the baby.

He’s paid to do their bidding. Whether he does it badly or not is information, hidden from us, like everything else that matters.

We’ve got a $78m COE but the worst team in the comp. Where are the priorities?

We can’t privatise the club soon enough for mine.

It’s not like we get any say or have any influence as it is.

We are treated like garbage.

Last edited:
Their only discernible plan is to replace head coaches. And give the new coach a similarly average to bad squad. Our management need to replace themselves. Were they all nice and compassionate when they stuck the knife into Madge Cobar, then left Noddy out to dry? They deserve all the vitriol they get.
Maybe so. What do you want then? Sack them now ? That won't happen so probably best to have a beer and sit down a watch a movie. 🙂

Maybe so. What do you want then? Sack them now ? That won't happen so probably best to have a beer and sit down a watch a movie. 🙂
We should be ripping up our contract with GTA for a start.

Its not like we are losing a coach.

And a quiet word to Tim he’s got until round 12 to show something and he can get get this excuse making “ development club” rubbish out of his mouth.

Sorry Hal no way.

If the board can’t see for themselves how stuffed up everything is, things are far worse than I could envisage.

I suggest to you that they well know how ghastly things are as admitted by Lee a few weeks ago.

He speaks for them and he well conceded what a basket case the club is followed by more atrocious spin that no one could bother listening to the end of.

Pascoe is their servant and the person they interact with all the time.

Without a knowledge of his recommendations it’s harder to fault him, but at any rate, the board are responsible, they are accountable and left holding the baby.

He’s paid to do their bidding. Whether he does it badly or not is information, hidden from us, like everything else that matters.

We’ve got a $78m COE but the worst team in the comp. Where are the priorities?

We can’t privatise the club soon enough for mine.

It’s not like we get any say or have any influence as it is.

We are treated like garbage.
Hypothetically speaking, if a new board, new town and club inherited the team from this year then the only thing they can control is what they can control. 🤔
So what is being done later on in this year is the way forward for this new team, a new state of the art COE, out of debt with a tasty salary cap, sign some top players (2 signed, more to come) New coaching stalf, focus on pathways etc etc.
If I was the new club I would be feeling positive.
Back to the real world.... because the WT supporters are down and out all this means less to them, they can't forgive the board for years of ineptitude.
I'm too old to keep grudges. I'm moving on and getting on the Tim Sheens Mobility Scooter.

We have a plan? Thanks to God, I was always thinking we were like a rudderless ship in the Bermuda Triangle?
I know we’ve had a massive injection of DNA, but why does it always seem like the only thing we’re developing is our comedy routine. Ali didn’t win that many fights by having his opponent laugh till it hurts. 🤣
I'm not sure what/who your response is exactly taking aim at and mocking but I do not wish to butt heads about something obviously still disputable.

No one can say whether it's going to be a success or not, yet the current course of action is fit to drive and deliver more tangible results.
"Planning" to improve the team roster, dynamics and performance with our recruitment isnt a poor decision but probably most vital to all corresponding outcomes (including pathways and our succession plan) for the club's future.
It's realistic and sensible.

We’ve got the spoon people, we have the worst team in the nrl, what further evidence do you need to challenge the assertion that we are led by donkeys?!!

They delivered it and as sure as hell ain’t going to get us out of it.

A poem to my brother and sister patriots:

The COE sits proudly there
Empty of Marquee
Nice facilities for officials
Nice views doeth they all see

Ciraldo came in hardhat
Did not like what he saw
But Madge was sacked so he could come
And our recruitment isn’t flawed?

17 applications hit the bin
Because Tim said he was the cure
But not without his GTA
Who will make Optus seem secure!

I'm not sure what/who your response is exactly taking aim at and mocking but I do not wish to butt heads about something obviously still disputable.

No one can say whether it's going to be a success or not, yet the current course of action is fit to drive and deliver more tangible results.
"Planning" to improve the team roster, dynamics and performance with our recruitment isnt a poor decision but probably most vital to all corresponding outcomes (including pathways and our succession plan) for the club's future.
It's realistic and sensible.
Lauren, none of my remarks were directed at you personally. I’m pleased for you or anyone else who can see a plan, but for me, I need to see some evidence to support statements made by the club before I can confidently invest more of my hope.
Surely we’ve had some sort of pathways program in place for the last 20 years? Although I seem to recall some departing words from Sheens in 2012 to the effect that the club is dropping pathways and preferring to recruit talent from other clubs.
Things keep changing. I’m not even confident that Tim, Benji or Robbie will be here to start the 25 season?

Lauren, none of my remarks were directed at you personally. I’m pleased for you or anyone else who can see a plan, but for me, I need to see some evidence to support statements made by the club before I can confidently invest more of my hope.
Surely we’ve had some sort of pathways program in place for the last 20 years? Although I seem to recall some departing words from Sheens in 2012 to the effect that the club is dropping pathways and preferring to recruit talent from other clubs.
Things keep changing. I’m not even confident that Tim, Benji or Robbie will be here to start the 25 season?
Thanks mate and agree with a lot of that.

No more talk, do something then, I'm right behind you from the comfort of my chair.
If you succeed I will be impressed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back