Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

Blame the coach, blame the players, blame the media, blame Alan Jones.

You know what, if we won games we wouldn’t get a measly 9,000 people at Parramatta stadium and we’d be worth a hell of a lot more than the annual grant we get given by the NRL.
I reckon you're right - winning would help!

Problem solved.

iF jONES WAS PAID NOTHING THEN HE WAS GROSSLY OVERPAID FOR THE JOB HE DID.

Fancy the bloke who replaced Gary Freeman, a then current international, with his little friend at half invoking his rugby league expertise.
The shame of destroying Balmain would be enough to keep most people quiet forever but not that raging narcissist.

Last edited:

Fancy the bloke who replaced Gery Freeman, a then current international, with his little friend at half invoking his rugby league expertise.
The shame of destroying Balmain would be enough to keep most people quiet forever but not that raging narcissist.
Let it go mate. That was 30 years ago.
Alan Jones is just saying what most have been on the forum. Lee and board need some accountability.
Someone had to say it ro their face and I don't care who the messenger is.

Really poor form from Yvonne Sampson IMO.
Agreed, there was no need to bring this up. I get we have been ordinary especially since 2020, no finals since 2011 we need change and a strong leader. But the media agenda against us is a joke. Why don’t the NRL media tackle the real issues in the NRL. Why bottom clubs continue to stay where they are us, bulldogs, St George, Newcastle, titans. Video ref issues. Why do top 8 sides get the rub of the green.

Disagree completely. She loaded it knowing Jones is a controversial figure at a function to raise money for 2 quadriplegics.
It just goes to show that all of the Fox commentators have a set agenda against the Tigers.
I’m not defending Lee but there’s a right and a wrong place to broach that subject, a charity function is not that place.

Joe Biden and the democrats
Going closer to home we have Schomo Ripping off Australia with an Illegal Robodebt scheme that caused people to commit suicide?

Heck I don't blame them, when you get an auto-generated message saying "you owe $20,000" and your struggling to put food on the table.

Makes even our board look good.

Fancy the bloke who replaced Gery Freeman, a then current international, with his little friend at half invoking his rugby league expertise.

Jones is only saying what most of us think, sack the board.
If people like him and the media keep saying it perhaps it will get traction

Going closer to home we have Schomo Ripping off Australia with an Illegal Robodebt scheme that caused people to commit suicide?

Heck I don't blame them, when you get an auto-generated message saying "you owe $20,000" and your struggling to put food on the table.

Makes even our board look good.
or the other mob in nsw in government promising pay rises for health workers at elections
Or the federal mob in government promising to lower power prices at elections

Reactions: BZN
Alan Jones comments

“If Mr Hagipantelis had a problem with what I said he could have come and talked to me,”

“I did coach the Balmain Tigers for nothing.

“At the end of the day, there’s been so many changes at the club, and with every change requires a drain on the resources of the club. Millions of dollars.

“People are sacked and they are paid out early.

“Then the people they’ve appointed fail and they want to blame someone else.

“The punter out there wants scores on the board.

“You can’t win every game, I concede that, but he’s in charge of what is a mess.

“He said we were going to get better this year and they haven’t.

“If it was a company like BHP they’d be gone.”

Apologies if posted earlier.
Does the guy have Altzheimers?

Sounds like an old man rant. Not saying it's true, but super generic.
I can't believe he would even bring up his failed coaching time. Alan sucked as a coach, he sucked a lot. He took the tigers from Nr2 to last in the comp.

Had Alan not taken our team there would have been no merger. Balmain would have been a top 4 side for awhile to come. Players were avoiding his "free coaching" and if I were a parent I would be avoiding it too.

Well said.

Alan makes Jason Taylor look like a people person.
Yes the tigers board has issues. I have zero surprises that this human Vulture wants to ruin a charity event to peck at a club down.

We all think it and he blurted it out. As far as blurters go, Alan has lots of inside knowledge and we should respect that he shares that knowledge for free.

The sole purpose of an NRL team is to win competions. The competion would not survive without the financial support from the NRL.- afforded to all clubs. The success of any NRL Club is measured by the results on the field. It keeps them viable and safe and generates support from fans and sponsors.
Our administrators have continually failed in their efforts to control and oversee a club capable of finding success on the field under the rules of the competition that most other administrators have been able to do and some consistently. They have run out of excuses.

Growing up our next door neighbour who was highly regarded in Rugby circles and who has a junior Rugby competition named after him, worked at the same school as Jones and he told me when he started coaching at Balmain “ That he might win you a comp but he will f*** the club”.
Well he never won a premiership at the Tigers but he certainly did the other thing.

Last edited:
Does the guy have Altzheimers?

Sounds like an old man rant. Not saying it's true, but super generic.
I can't believe he would even bring up his failed coaching time. Alan sucked as a coach, he sucked a lot. He took the tigers from Nr2 to last in the comp.

Had Alan not taken our team there would have been no merger. Balmain would have been a top 4 side for awhile to come. Players were avoiding his "free coaching" and if I were a parent I would be avoiding it too.
I don’t think that’s the only thing that he sucked.

It just goes to show that all of the Fox commentators have a set agenda against the Tigers.
I’m not defending Lee but there’s a right and a wrong place to broach that subject, a charity function is not that place.
I dunno mate.... As someone else stated it ls not a funeral, they're all big boys there they can handle it

Back