Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

The board backed him.
His job is to advise the board on decisions that benefit the club unfortunately he rarely gets things right especially when it concerns the football dept
Summary based on language:

- Fulton/Benji storm in teacup basically. Professional and cordial. Will work. For the moment they both will be around for a while.
- Benji / share of player mgr company is borderline defamation. Not true. Lee very adamant on that.
- Holbrook was all about exploring an opportunity but Lee kept reverting to assistant coach in his explanation = inference of hunting an assistant for Benji.
- Pascoe very coy response wouldn’t guarantee his role but expects him next season
- Sheens he is contracted for next year very unconvincing.
- decision on player’s recruitment final say is with head coach after various hoops of player/talent decisions / scouting made
- Luke Brooks offer viewed fair market, positive talks with his mgr & Luke left on own accord. We actually made him 2 offers both rejected. Luke mgmt asked for offer demand date, we delivered to the mgmt date and then stayed open for a while before board put a deadline of 3 days.

Buzz also said he has first hand from 3 player managers Ayoyb, Tartek, Oloughlin they are not comfortable to send players to us unless Fulton is 100% staying. If Fulton stays player managers are more comfortable to send to us.

Braith was impressive and stood up for Benji & what was needed. Agreed with nearly everything Braith said.

Braith also had a dig at Fainu wraps it’s clear he doesn’t view him as high as others do.
Braith and Benji are good mates...

Just watched the NRL360 interview.
I am more convinced than ever that our beloved club is not going to improve on field while Lee and the Board remain in place.
He was evasive, perseverating about just needing to work harder, no accountability or acknowledgement of poor decisions made and only aware of poor performance in the past two seasons. If he can’t recognise and acknowledge the problems how are we to improve?

Last edited:
Lee on Justin: “He has the full faith and confidence of the board.”

That is the best thing he said all interview. Whenever this is said, they are usually sacked in a matter of weeks!!!

Is there a way to watch it without Foxtel?
We all know the music that follows this line

Lee is an embarrassment, honestly.

I was mostly interested in what Braith had to say, strangely. Very interested in his view on Fainu.

So Latu rejected Braith as his manager and opted for Mario Tartak?

• Haha
Reactions: Moh
The Fainu part was the most interesting bit. Braith backing Benji strongly. We all want the media off our backs, how about giving our club legend all the resources he needs to actually win. This shows that Benji has the credibility that others in the club simply don’t.

Re Benji credibility I didn’t get that vibe from Braith it was more a mate support act I thought.

Tallis was nodding along as Braith explained that Benji needs different personalities to what the Tigers have signed in the past. If Benji has identified that then I think he’s on his way. He’s learned a thing or two from Bennett in my opinion.

Cool what has Benji brought/inacted so far?

Braith made alot of sense but he is besties with Benji.

Benji hasn’t brought anyone in. He is 6mths in and the place is already in disarray (not his fault).

Maybe Holbrook solves a gap (not Benji recruit if happens)
Fulton helps as he isn’t Macca (not Benji recruit)
Benji players inbound zero to date

We are banking on kids/youth and maximize development- Benji needs some serious help into his coach years and it won’t be Sheens.

Benji is still training as a player though and it’s concerning that we can’t defend nor attack with depth which normally indicates we aren’t training that way. I have some serious concerns over Benji as a coach based on what we are seeing to date.

The Fainu part was the most interesting bit. Braith backing Benji strongly. We all want the media off our backs, how about giving our club legend all the resources he needs to actually win. This shows that Benji has the credibility that others in the club simply don’t.
Not sure if you can believe anything that comes out of braiths mouth. He is just another manager who has the special benefit of being able to spruik his agenda in an open forum.

Re Benji credibility I didn’t get that vibe from Braith it was more a mate support act I thought.
Yep. “There’s a lot of noise” code for benji has told me.

Told him the players are concerned.
Told him the relationship between Fulton is strained.

Benji is doing what benji does best. Drags us through the media for his own benefit.

Nothing like getting interviewed in front of a wall of Tigers jerseys sporting the Brydens Lawyers logo…

Its all about the marketing for Lee, he doesn’t appear to care about the club, just the promotional opportunities… If he cared as much as he says he does, Luke Brooks leaving wouldn’t have been a surprise like he claimed, as he would have taken the time to build a relationship with our highest paid player and understood what was required to keep him at the club. He is so far out of touch with the playing group, which speaks to why the culture is so rubbish at the Tigers.
While he remains, so do our chances of continuing our streak of wooden spoons…

As he is our major sponsor with the support from HBG, as much as we complain and petition, he isn’t going anywhere…

Such a dong beater…

Lee is an embarrassment, honestly.

I was mostly interested in what Braith had to say, strangely. Very interested in his view on Fainu.
I agree with his statement on the Fainu’s.
They are spoken about with some sort of reverence. Undeservedly.
The prop is a decent player but got belted in the u19’s game.
The half is talented but also a bludger.

Back