Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence

Will it need to be rebuilt every two years with a new head builder employed? Same quality contractors though.

Mate it has always been (in my time) the same. These builders go in on tight margins (2-3%) to win the job & then look to screw the subbies &client to pick up the extra margin.
When I was a CM, if we won a project I would be in the office the following Saturday & Sunday, with a PM, Estimator & a Contract Administrator; pouring over drawings, contracts looking for possible delays & variations. Then they would go to at least 10 subbies in each trade/supplier and smash them for a price.
Crap part of the industry, good for only very few.
I now run my own business in high-end Architectural residential and I am proud of my work.
Good on you. I’ve had plenty of experiences with Contract Administrators who were absolute assholes. I will say though that I’ve also experienced one of the big Commercial / Industrial builders who had every right to pull the contract out of the draw and bash us with it but chose to work with us to get back on program so not all are assholes.

Good on you. I’ve had plenty of experiences with Contract Administrators who were absolute assholes. I will say though that I’ve also experienced one of the big Commercial / Industrial builders who had every right to pull the contract out of the draw and bash us with it but chose to work with us to get back on program so not all are assholes.
Ever worked with Lendlease Building?

They’re all the same. All head contractors are your best mate if they have managed the job well financially. However, if they bought the project on a tight margin or have had some sort of scope creep, you better believe they’ll lock themselves inside a boardroom and find ways to come after the subbies when it’s time for final claims.
I’ve been inside these rooms in a former life and the subbies who have done well out of the job are targeted first. Additionally, they’ll apply a cleaning bill to your final claim. I was on a Bovis project years ago and the PM sent out a $50k cleaning bill to each of the 35 subcontractors. Everyone had to just cop it. It added an easy $1.75mill to his bottom line. Time bars for variations is another way to get work done and then retroactively reject claims.

Builders are muthafkers.
the whole system 90;s on r mudders

Latest posts

Members online

Back