WESTS TIGERS - COACH IVAN CLEARY..OFFICIAL

The Tigers should get a coach in as fast as they can , this way the new coach can put some of his own ideas in to the rest of this season with this lot of players , drop players if need be , and start negotiations with players he feels we need to bring to the club and also players he would like to keep , no good waiting as players will continue to sign with other clubs and we will again be buying 2 nd rate players , if I was in this current board group he would be starting Monday morning , and carrying a big stick and a Broom

Ivan Cleary is a must , stone Faced no nonsence , quiet but hard
Todd Payten , no good , ex player means more crap years

IMO

@ said:
so we got any new player signings for 2018?

You're talking about the wests tigers here. Of course not.
We will be taking scraps from other clubs soon.

Whoever the coach is better be handsome otherwise some members on here will be angry. JTs appearance really irked them.

So it's a toss up, Cleary or Payten more appealing on the eye?

I feel we are making enquires with Des Hasler hence the reason Clearly has not been announced.

Des would shake up the culture of the WT.

For those that may not realize, Todd Payten is also managed by Moses and I think I also heard that Webster is too. That's a scary thought that the big 4 and the coach are all managed by the same bloke.
How much influence is this guy having on our club and on their recent decisions.

@ said:
With only 8 contracted players beyond 2017

Who are the 8 to remain? I assume ET was resigned for at least this year and next. Who are the others?

the last time they took their time we ended up with taylor.

it's time for pascoe to show his worth.
he has a history with cleary,and if he believes management and ivan can work well together and build a premiership squad,then go out and get him and get him involved as soon as possible.

if you can't sell this to players and fans, you never will.

Its not even 72 hours since the axe fell on JT

The club has to find a balance i guess in signing a new coach

Too soon and people will be critical (rush job, preconcieved, was it a done deal already)
Take too long, we really dont have the luxury of time on our side

I hope its sooner rather than later

I wonder how Lowe would react if Tooves came to him 2 months after agreeing to coach Bradford, saying hes got an offer from WTs and he wants to take it up?
Toovey seems to me to be the type to stick by his word and see out his time…taht said these NRL jobs dont come up too often

Toovey or Cleary for me

Time is something that this club hasn't got, we need to get off the back pagers for all the wrong reasons and get a good story there, just cut the CEO rhetoric we will take our time BS go out and get CLEARY fullstop!!!!!!!!
If this club bends to this mythical big 4 anymore and appoint Payton that will spell the end of this club and Jobs for the boys club will be back, the 2 players who really need a good swift kick into gear are our 7,6 real quick because the way they have played in the past 2 weeks the Minto u17 halfs would do a better job, they need an experienced coach to tell them the hard truth and guidance, Brooks for me is a waste of space, if Moses can stop listening to his uncle benny he might just learn something, So stop feeding us fans BS Mr Pascoe go out and sign Ivan this week.
Madgey

@ said:
Toovs won't drop his gig for an unstable job at the Tigers.
Forget him.

Really? Not dump an ESL side for an NRL one? I wouldn't even be surprised if he had a clause that allowed him to return to Australia if an NRL head coach gig came up..

Also he currently coaches Bradford Bulls, you are surely aware of their issues? And you reckon Tigers are less stable currently?

@ said:
@ said:
Toovs won't drop his gig for an unstable job at the Tigers.
Forget him.

Really? Not dump an ESL side for an NRL one? I wouldn't even be surprised if he had a clause that allowed him to return to Australia if an NRL head coach gig came up..

Also he currently coaches Bradford Bulls, you are surely aware of their issues? And you reckon Tigers are less stable currently?

No job stability at the Tigers. Why ditch that well paying job for a uncertain tenure here?
He can bide his time and go to a real club in the NRL when it arises.
We only seem to attract and able afford 2nd and 3rd tier coaches.

The longer the club takes the less time the new coach gets to stamp his way on the players fore heads and also buy players as he cant win a comp with the current team , club needs to relise off contract players aren't going to wait for Wests Tigers , we need to be chasing hard for a few quality players
Halfback , Nasty Prop , Hard running Back rower , If Big Jamal comes good that will do but if not add a centre

Back