Wests Tigers Coaches

Ivan proved to be a player.
And if the room is correct and CC has said thanks but no thanks, it smells and I would be happy to have missed him.
(After all, the story goes that CC was targeted last time round, said no then but set out his list of club upgrades - then shock horror! The club puts the upgrades in place, revisits the offer to coach and what happens.
No thanks.)
I'm sick of games.
But at the same time, I think things happen for a reason; something great is going to come into play - anytime soon.

He's an old boy, he's played with us and understands the ups and the downs.

We're a club that's been riddled with politics and questionable management, in my opinion we need a 'been there done that' leader that has fresh ideas.

I doubt Ciraldo or Flanno can do that.
He played with us 15 years ago. In terms of his career, he was with us for a cup of coffee.

He played with us 15 years ago. In terms of his career, he was with us for a cup of coffee.
So what, nothing has changed with us over those 15 years but he's proved his ability at the Sharks through turmoil and adversity.

So what, nothing has changed with us over those 15 years but he's proved his ability at the Sharks through turmoil and adversity.
But that has nothing to do with why he would ”get us” having only been with us for 3 seasons 15 years ago.

Bottom of the table roster- us - compared to a roster that had been firmly camped in the top 8 for a number of years with a wealth of depth to work with. Through all the Sharks turmoil one major difference compared to us was an ability to retain and recruit quality players. Don't think JM's time at Cronulla can compare to anything he would have to deal with here.

Paul Carige is firming. Famous for his footy brains. Would suit the club down to the ground.
Sterlo’s commentary during that prelim as Cariage was costing Parra the game with mistake after mistake is legendary. He was livid haha

But that has nothing to do with why he would ”get us” having only been with us for 3 seasons 15 years ago.
I’ll interject.
Sure he doesn’t ‘get’ the current ‘us’ but he did get the sheens style and set up back then. A lot of his inspiration to coach after football came from his time under Sheens.
Morris started with us In 2007. The year after we tried to go back to back in the competition. At that stage all and sundry would of believed we had a competitive roster. However the years of 2007 2008 were filled with a mixture of a roster trying to stay at the top of the game but not quite having the same effect going through a transition period of young superstars needing to become consistent key players and ageing vets retiring or moving on from the club. 2009 had the hallmarks of a refreshed roster not quite old enough or experienced enough to really challenge. He left end of 2009. The following 2 years with a slight change to the 2009 personal we made the finals. The last time we were successful. Morris experienced all of the above as part of the roster, in Half, 5/8, Hooker or bench and seen first hand what Sheens and the coaching staff around him did to get a side containing a couple of young superstars winning a premiership off youthful enthusiasm and experienced leaders whom then left the club be forced to themselves come of age and become leaders for the next group of juniors.
At the Sharks since 2010 and 2014 Morris was a cog in once again another rebuild period of establishing another refreshed roster under a transitioning of coaches and styles from Ricky Stuart to Shane Flanagan and was 2 years off being a part of that premiership glory.
In my opinion has learnt more about coaching through these lessons than any of the other candidates.

What Madge had achieved with this team can’t be ignored. Missed tackles down, handling errors down, offloads allowed down. I didn’t like the blasé attitude last game.
I agree about the blase attitude, but it's been like that for a long while, and getting worse, it's like they couldn't care less-but I suppose they can't be blamed for that as the club, they, have lost their way, and must feel quite embarrassed-even though they are the ones causing their embarrassment in other words it on the players- any coach can only coach, surely all the coaches at this joint couldn't be bad coaches, so it all falls back to the mindset of the PLAYERS........

I thought he played more games for Magpies than anyone else. Until Wok got Joe Thomas. He’s got some black and white in their somewhere.
Sorry I thought you talking Flanno.

Last edited:
Lucky the source is up late enough to keep T.Nuts adequately informed....
Minute to minute so to speak...
Sorry was my poor wording, it was meant to say he had met with Sheens but not on numerous occasions, as some are reporting. He has not met with Hastings.

I agree about the blase attitude, but it's been like that for a long while, and getting worse, it's like they couldn't care less-but I suppose they can't be blamed for that as the club, they, have lost their way, and must feel quite embarrassed-even though they are the ones causing their embarrassment in other words it on the players- any coach can only coach, surely all the coaches at this joint couldn't be bad coaches, so it all falls back to the mindset of the PLAYERS........
Sure, the responsibility to win games is on the players who take the field. What we’re talking about here though, is that extra 10% of effort. Where does that adrenaline rush come from?
I think some people call it hysterical strength. I don’t want to embarrass Nofa, but he gave us a classic example when he could have jumped over a house to chest bump Hastings after that field goal. When have you seen him do that to catch a ball?
When Sheens was punted from the Cowboys he studied sports psychology and suggested that the job description of a head coach was 20% footy and 80% the psychology of motivation. He proved that in the following 2 years.
The players may be the ones on the field doing the hard yards, but the victories will only come when the entire organisation is singing from the same hymn book.
When a powerbroker says he and other powerbrokers are not responsible for what happens on the field, then you know we have a problem. We need to fix the attitude, and the best way to do that imo, is to become a reputation building organisation, it’s similar to Sheens’ “development club” but it must include the top and everyone else.

Latest posts

Members online

Back