Wests Tigers Coaches

No no they can’t. We can’t.
That is the scenario that occured back in 2011 when Gus signed Ivan 18months out from finishing with the Warriors.
The warriors released him a year early out of frustration.
Pretty much the same scenario happened with us.

From that point Coaches are restricted to the same conditions as players, that is, from Nov 1 in their final contract year they can sign with a new club.

That why I mentioned we’ll have a better idea if Payton refuses to resign with the cowboys before November.

Maybe then an early release could be sort.
I had no idea the nrl changed things after Ivan, typical always after we get
Burned. 🤣

How do you know there isn't a replacement? The thing is, we don't. It has been the Code of Silence from the Club. Remember the complaints fest on the forum when Lee would speak. That's been rectified.
But you said that CC is the one ....doesnt appear that way,maybe Im right in saying Flanno COULD be the one...but as you said nobody knows,I would like to know seeing Im a full paid member from out of town...BUT obviously they take our money and treat us like mushrooms...could be why the joint is where it is atm....

I wouldn't rule Woolf out of the race if CC knocks back WT. Sheens rates Woolf highly.
Sheens might rate him highly ,but that doesnt mean he will deliver for us as an NRL coach...this team needs to be an NRL level performing team otherwise Woolf or however can go back to where they came from...we need positive results ...not promises of hope and success...we have had plenty of that in 10 odd years...

But you said that CC is the one ....doesnt appear that way,maybe Im right in saying Flanno COULD be the one...but as you said nobody knows,I would like to know seeing Im a full paid member from out of town...BUT obviously they take our money and treat us like mushrooms...could be why the joint is where it is atm....
The WTs have said CC is the No 1 choice, not me! I want Morris but where does Flanagan come into the equation?

Last edited:
Reactions: 851
Sheens might rate him highly ,but that doesnt mean he will deliver for us as an NRL coach...this team needs to be an NRL level performing team otherwise Woolf or however can go back to where they came from...we need positive results ...not promises of hope and success...we have had plenty of that in 10 odd years...

Have you seen his sides play?

ALERT: Verified Rumour.

Just got some dirt that the Co-action Against Ciraldo might like ( although I’m for him, we are a democracy).

He has his favourites. You pretty much get in his good books and the guy under you is off to the Titans for unders.

You cross him, you’d better look out.

If Tim thinks he can influence him, no that shan’t be happening.

His way or the highway.

I will try to source more secret Ciraldo stuff tomorrow.

Source: Former Panther Junior

And as bonus for readers of this thread, most of what BJ said when he left was unfortunately true according to one of his team mates via my footy mate.

Another world first exclusive for WT forum!
?? BJ is BJ.
It seems he wanted to tell Ricky Stewart and Madge how to coach and has moved between a stack of teams.

Maybe he had some ideas, maybe he had the wrong ideas. Sometimes the coach has to get everyone to go one way.

If BJ proved this on the field, then he could speak. Clearly there was an attitude problem and Madge did not manage it, nor did he detect it when he hired him.
Likewise Tyrone Peachy (ey, meh Benchey 19th man I don't care).

If ever a club needed a positive headline it’s our club and my guess CChas knocked us back and now it’s back to the list of candidates.

ok I have no info, but I say like all the others we got close, but at the end of the day, players and coaches don’t want to take the high risk of signing on

If we get CC great. If not I wouldn’t be too disappointed in Morris or wolfe. Flanagan no one wants to touch which I find strange. As long as we don’t go a Paul green or Nathan brown , I’d be happy with the above.
Yea agreed. I was hoping for Flanagan too, until I heard he was basically making himself a nuisance at the Bulldogs and spreading trash around there. We don't need a Gossip.

It is very tempting to say yes to someone like Flanagan who made the sharks from 16th to Premieres. It would be the same as CC though, his way or the highway. Hey we throw Brooks, okay but Liam F isn't the best replacement. .. Up till I heard what Flano was like at the Bulldogs, I was thinking he would be a good choice.

Wolfe sounds good. Morris knows enough to get mediocre performance and even got decent performance out of the Sharks. Surely Morris should be asked to come on as an assistant at least? He did not leave under the worst terms....

The real fly on the wall question is why the wait? Clearly Madge got fired clearly they have started hunting for a coach and clearly we need someone..

Answer Cameron Ciraldo. He hasn't decided to jump ship yet.

?? BJ is BJ.
It seems he wanted to tell Ricky Stewart and Madge how to coach and has moved between a stack of teams.

Maybe he had some ideas, maybe he had the wrong ideas. Sometimes the coach has to get everyone to go one way.

If BJ proved this on the field, then he could speak. Clearly there was an attitude problem and Madge did not manage it, nor did he detect it when he hired him.
Likewise Tyrone Peachy (ey, meh Benchey 19th man I don't care).

This.

I liked the point earlier that the longer it drags on, the more likely it is he will come.

I think it means he’s considering it pretty carefully, because he hasn’t closed the door straight up.

He can have another half a decade of junior assistant smug, but when you think about it, he’s already reached the heights there as one of Ivans bitches.

And given that the Panthers can only fall from high league grace, if he remains, his own fortunes and value can only diminish too.

This was Ivans gift to him.

Ivans example is “ look after yourself first” and if he hasn’t grasped that truth, he’s not going to make it anywhere.

He will never get a chance like this again.

I think he’s crazy dancing around flapping his arms like a duck thinking too highly of himself.

When the panthers start losing more games in a couple of years or whatever, he will look and feel like a chump. People won’t be as keen on him as they not too keen on lessor clubs assistants. They won’t even remember this high point in his career now, Cameron who??!

This is tough sport, brutal, you stop to help a nice old lady across the street ( or Ivan with his dud leg) and you’re the only one flattened by the kind gesture.

It’s kill or be killed.

Seize the day cc, get off your knees.

Last edited:
I don’t think Ciraldo has anything to lose coming to WT,

Massive pay increase and if he turns us around he’ll be considered the messiah, doing something nobody before him could do.

If he fails it won’t be his fault it will be because we’re a basket case of a club.

Couple of seasons hedging his bets and worse case scenario he takes up a job elsewhere with his reputation in tact.

@tigerap vs @Lee's fedora. Both seem so confident they should stake their place on the forum on the info both are so confident about. Loser leaves town match.
Stand off at the Leichhardt Corale!

The whole forum has left the saloon to watch.

The Mods are playing cards in the jailhouse, don’t notice the commotion.

One of them has drawn the Ace of Spades. A shot rings out…

Last edited:
I don’t think Ciraldo has anything to lose coming to WT,

Massive pay increase and if he turns us around he’ll be considered the messiah, doing something nobody before him could do.

If he fails it won’t be his fault it will be because we’re a basket case of a club.

Couple of seasons hedging his bets and worse case scenario he takes up a job elsewhere with his reputation in tact.
At the moment he’s being sold as the next big thing in coaching. 2.5 years here and the secret is out. He’s just a guy. Career kapoot

Back