Wests Tigers Coaches

Is the Hastings - bulldogs rumour still a thing? Maybe Madge signing is a factor

Gus said that's not the case.....
Gus is lying , Josh still has friends at the WT and this is the deal. If Madge and Josh can mend there relationship it is a possibility. Madge can’t be announced until his issues are sorted with JAC & TPJ , so it’s still 50/50. Gus is having problems securing Ciraldo yet has time to respond to these type of rumours.
Gus only responds when it hurts him that people are leaking his news, and rightfully so. All the grubs at the club must go.
And for the record , Gus wants Potter.

Reactions: 851
Gus is lying , Josh still has friends at the WT and this is the deal. If Madge and Josh can mend there relationship it is a possibility. Madge can’t be announced until his issues are sorted with JAC & TPJ , so it’s still 50/50. Gus is having problems securing Ciraldo yet has time to respond to these type of rumours.
Gus only responds when it hurts him that people are leaking his news, and rightfully so. All the grubs at the club must go.
🤔

Funny how Madge was chirpy yesterday. Tale of a fallen tiger.

Reactions: 851
It reads like fun times at the Dogs. I'd like JAC at WTs.

I said at the time when everyone was saying he will get the Warriors or Bulldogs job, even the Titans job, I said he won't get any of them, he is not as popular as many here want to believe
We ruined his reputation. He won everything at every other club he was at. We did the same to Mick Potter, he had to sneak in as an interim coach after what happened here and it turns out he can coach it's just the WT coaching gig is a poisoned chalice.

Sheens is the same, he was never getting another NRL coaching gig anywhere other than WT despite being our most successful coach.

The only coach that has ever gone on to better things after taking this job is Ivan Cleary and that's because he bailed after 18 months.

We ruined his reputation. He won everything at every other club he was at. We did the same to Mick Potter, he had to sneak in as an interim coach after what happened here and it turns out he can coach it's just the WT coaching gig is a poisoned chalice.

Sheens is the same, he was never getting another NRL coaching gig anywhere other than WT despite being our most successful coach.

The only coach that has ever gone on to better things after taking this job is Ivan Cleary and that's because he bailed after 18 months.
Souths sacked Madge 3 years after winning the comp, there was a reason for that, a reason we should of took note of, but didn't, and look how that worked out

Madge didn't fit with the DNA of the club. he tried to change it but unfortunately you can't alter DNA. no hard feelings, I hope he is a success elsewhere, just not when he plays against us. the new model is far more aligned with what we are as a club and what we are renowned for across the league.

Souths sacked Madge 3 years after winning the comp, there was a reason for that, a reason we should of took note of, but didn't, and look how that worked out
We followed a similar approach with Sheens, but then we brought him back 10 years later.

Not sure it's going to be a better outcome, but I hope it is. I don't really buy this DNA stuff, lets see if it turns into results on the field.

Absolutely.... chalk and cheese. Both stubborn as hell as well.
Bulldogs could implode massively next year. Great team on paper but surely others issues such as salary cap pressure, rookie coach and a old style assistant/GM could cause the club some big headaches... heres hoping 🤭
Gus likes Madge as a coach and knows that Madge did not have his way with our pea hearts and could not coach them the way he wanted. It was Madge whom was walking on egg shells not the players. I am going to laugh when Noffa cops a Bellamy spray.

Thanks - there's a reason why Sheens is where he is!
What, taking the reigns at a club no other coach wanted, while trying to rekindle achievements from 15 years ago.

My worry is regardless of what sort of a shit fight develops, we are locked in to questionable decisions for the next 5 years.

Back