Wests Tigers Coaches

Hook???

Yeah nah!!

The bloke is a wannabe Bennett - but is actually a poor man's Matt Elliott!
And yet, highly respected in his time as Bennett's assistant.

Some guys are better assistant's than HC's.

Hook is well known as a good coach for young players. Of which, we have plenty.

With all this noise about disharmony at the Rabbits, I wonder if John Morris is thinking about a fresh environment? This could be good for us.
Or does he see Demetriou possibly on the way out( especially if they miss finals) and a first grade opportunity for him ? Maybe he’s got a head start which is why Burgess went to the UK. Only speculating but possible .

Having just seen Chammas’ comments on Signing suggestions and rumours thread, I think my speculation must be well off the mark. Certainly doesn’t sound like Rabbits viewing Morris as.a potential new coach.

the fact that Chammas says that Bomber has concerns about Demetriou’s treatment of Latrell and Walker means that we’re definitely in with a shout to get him over here.

personally I’d keep Furner as well and bring in Ryan Carr and Morris and move Faf to the office under the new Director of Football. that’s 3 experienced assistants to help Benj and a strong admin, which we definitely did not have this year.

Carr’s a good option irrespective of whether we get Bomber or not. he played a fair bit of lower grades with us under Sheens so he’d know Marshall and the style he’s trying to implement, given its pretty much a throwback to our halcyon days.

EDGE & OUTSIDE BACK DEFENCE!

That MUST be a critical focus of our coaching team from NRL right down to junior reps for next season.

Every time I watch the highlights of our NSW Cup or Jersey Flegg, I reckon 60% of tries against us are the team getting an overlap out wide, 20% from kicks & 20% other. It's the same in NRL.

I get it will occur at times but the current amount is beyond frustrating & must be dealt with asap right through the club.

EDGE & OUTSIDE BACK DEFENCE!

That MUST be a critical focus of our coaching team from NRL right down to junior reps for next season.

Every time I watch the highlights of our NSW Cup or Jersey Flegg, I reckon 60% of tries against us are the team getting an overlap out wide, 20% from kicks & 20% other. It's the same in NRL.

I get it will occur at times but the current amount is beyond frustrating & must be dealt with asap right through the club.
Isn't that the same for almost every team. Where we have really struggled this year is defending against kicks imo. It's improved with Bula their but only so much he can do - however imagine that was as we were trying to strengthen the middle and implement up and in edge defence which reflects us missing less tackles then any other team but still letting in plenty of points. The key to a good edge defence is consistency of players and also good organising halves and fullback - Brooks doesent talk enough, Wakeham is a horrible defensive organiser and Douehi was just poor defensively. Bula is in season 1 and needs to keep working on organising the defence. I've been really impressed with how Laurie has strengthen the edge defence on his edge although our right side has generally been much stronger then our left all year in defence

the fact that Chammas says that Bomber has concerns about Demetriou’s treatment of Latrell and Walker means that we’re definitely in with a shout to get him over here.

personally I’d keep Furner as well and bring in Ryan Carr and Morris and move Faf to the office under the new Director of Football. that’s 3 experienced assistants to help Benj and a strong admin, which we definitely did not have this year.

Carr’s a good option irrespective of whether we get Bomber or not. he played a fair bit of lower grades with us under Sheens so he’d know Marshall and the style he’s trying to implement, given its pretty much a throwback to our halcyon days.
Coaching by committee…all in favour of dropping Kepaoa say aye….the nays have it.

Coaching by committee…all in favour of dropping Kepaoa say aye….the nays have it.
I reckon, put a young centre on the bench, if and when he fu, bench him , then give him a 2nd chance during forward rotation.

AHX we have the best coaching staff in the NRL, over 1200 NRL games experience between them.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back