Wests Tigers Coaches

These journalists have badly reworded Benji’s comments.
He never once said he wouldn’t be putting in plenty of hard work and hours, he simply said he believes he will function best if he does not let rugby league consume his whole life, meaning he will take regular time out to focus on his family and kids.
You can imagine an NRL coach would probably receive a ridiculous amount of text messages and phone calls even when he’s away from the team environment, responding to them all would be quite draining, why can’t he turn his phone off and not think about it for a couple of hours here and there ?

totally agreed.

Like if everyone wants to analyze and unpack this;..

Which days and amount of hours are we talking about and measuring here? Match Days, Training Days, Pre-Seasons, on a Bus to Canberra, On a flight to Townsville?? Can you even 'finish' work if you have flown to NZ for 3 days to lose 32 -10?? Media commitments? Do other coaches just get 4 hours of sleep a night regardless of what day it is 365 days a year 7 days a week?? Brian Smith did all that and still never won a grand final?? Poor bastard...

What objectively does a head coach need to be in a training for ground for at 6:00am? Does he have to turn the sprinklers on? What can you actually do as a head coach at 6:00am if everyone else is still asleep in bed. Give me a break.
Exactly ! Outside of getting your own personal workout in , what’s the point at being there at 6am . No one is awake , the only coffee you can get is a maccas coffee , and specifically why wasn’t the training program created weeks in advance . How many times are you going to watch a Cleary show and go , or south’s strip numbers .
What is the actual point ? What are you actually doing ? And if you are catching up on work , why wasn’t it done previously ?
Is there some kind of football version of Lego where you can repeated build it up and pull it down somehow looking for a flaw in the build ? How are you effectively using your time at 6am ? If it’s workflows and spreadsheets there’s algorithms that will do that instantly !
Chat GPT can tidy up these types of things instantly if you know to drive it .
Roster building and analysis ! Same as above …

If ever a bloke needed a good '[This word has been automatically removed] slapping', it's Kent. What a tosser.
He's got a lot to say.

He's not himself though.
Could just be how I interpret it, but he seems much more negative since his return.

He's always been a muppet though.

These journalists have badly reworded Benji’s comments.
He never once said he wouldn’t be putting in plenty of hard work and hours, he simply said he believes he will function best if he does not let rugby league consume his whole life, meaning he will take regular time out to focus on his family and kids.
You can imagine an NRL coach would probably receive a ridiculous amount of text messages and phone calls even when he’s away from the team environment, responding to them all would be quite draining, why can’t he turn his phone off and not think about it for a couple of hours here and there ?
I remember reading once that actual coaching is only about 50% of the job. It’s all the outside crap that eats into your time but it comes with the territory.
I think it’s a job you ease into and work out your own schedule.

He's got a lot to say.

He's not himself though.
Could just be how I interpret it, but he seems much more negative since his return.

Good barrister got him off, that woman was deranged,
but he put hands on her & choked her. Loves to
pretend he knows shit about league & boxing too —
his controversial takes are ratings gold though smh

Good barrister got him off, that woman was deranged,
but he put hands on her & choked her. Loves to
pretend he knows shit about league & boxing too —
his controversial takes are ratings gold though smh
I won’t comment about his personal problems but have always liked him as a league journo.

He's got a lot to say.

He's not himself though.

He's got 6 months of bagging everyone pent up inside him,
Along with all that extra time on the Punt and Schooeys...
(affects a bloke)

I was interested to hear him when he said..... All sports coaches are such and such....
And he's right, Everyone is comparing this new age Benji approach to the other 16 NRL Coaches,
But the mould is similar for any coach in any sport you can think of....

Be like a fighter saying he only fights on the weekend,
The rest of the time he doesn't think about it so much...

46 seconds, that’s all I could manage.
I tried, but there’s already to much BS in the world without filling my ears with it too.
He’s just making shite up to justifying his existence again.
I use to watch all the footy shows, every episode
Last year - I didn't bother.

Get so much content & information on here anyway.

Noticed Kenty didn't have a problem with the Spencer Leinu racism situation. Found that surprising as he loves firing up at just about anything.

I use to watch all the footy shows, every episode
Last year - I didn't bother.

Get so much content & information on here anyway.

Noticed Kenty didn't have a problem with the Spencer Leinu racism situation. Found that surprising as he loves firing up at just about anything.
I used to watch anything league related, but 10 years of loosing and coping a bashing for it will change your perspective. Now I only watch our games until we’re loosing by 20, Origin, the GF and the odd big game. I get to spend a lot more time with Mrs BF. She loves it when I turn the game off after 15 mins bcoz we’re down by 20, which to her is a kin to me taking her to musicals, (South Park ref), and I also get to watch more cricket, without complaint. But I’ve told her to get ready for more footy bcoz over the next few years we’re gunna be winning.

Judge him after 5 games this will be a real indication of where our season is heading and if Benji has a future
we get floggings over the first 5 games than it will be hard to believe in the Benji direction or man management philosophy he is currently pushing. If over 5 rounds we show improvement and commitment and say a couple of wins than we are heading in the right direction.

I cant judge anyone. Im a monkey myself. Can we do 24 months in the meantime for Benji. At least let's deal with the 6 million dollar man.... see how that works out.....

Latest posts

Back