Wests Tigers Coaches

Think Ciraldo missed a trick if he actually rates himself as a good NRL coach of the future. If he does eventually jump in with a team high on the ladder or after Cleary finishes his contract, fair chance the natural cycle of teams means his team slide down the table over his tenure. Where does that leave his first grade coaching career?

The Tigers offering him a 5 year contract with good pathways now in place and building a war chest of salary cap space. Plus the COE now in place. If he backed himself to bring players over and develop the talent in the pathways, he takes the Tigers up the ladder, secures his reputation, then after 5 guaranteed years he’s probably even in a better position for his next first grade coach contract.

Even if he doesn’t quite make it work, he has 5 year’s increased salary guaranteed and probably walks straight back into an assistant role somewhere else given his record there.

If he can’t bring himself to pull the trigger in this scenario then maybe he isn’t the great next coach the media is pumping him up to be.
Completely disagree. Sheens has told any would-be coach your record in 3 years is going to be rubbish. We need someone who has already established that they can coach who is resilient enough to still be interested after 3 rough seasons. The media scrutiny will be immense. It’s not a job for a young bloke trying to make a name.

Reactions: 851
Half of us is saying we are coach killers

The other half saying he's a coward for knocking us back

I'd say he's smart... He's in demand, he will.get a better offer, his next offer from anywhere will.be better
That's the thing, his current job is better than the one we're offering

Was always going to be a battle with Ivan in his ear about the club I am sure.

The club need to contact any applicants, hold interviews early next week and then make a decision by the end of the week. Enough letting it linger on. Pick a coach who you know will accept the role straight away if offered. Then we can get on with signing/re-signing players.

Whoever the next coach is...get it done asap.

Press death ridding us, didn’t stand a chance of signing with us!
Also with
I blame Sheens, Pascoe and the black Ferrari driver….they come out beating their chests declaring their #1 guy, they don’t give any thought of what the fallout would be if CC knocked them back…which he now has…. Our reputation of not being able to attract ANYONE has only gotten worse. API and Paps will be the last ‘big’ names to sign with the WT until we can somehow snag a top 8 finish…which by my reckoning will be light years away…
i agree somewhat, but it’s all the media and that good for nothing blood clot Cleary. All death ridding us, it would

His wife and family will be spewing, pissing $2m up against the wall because he feels sorry for Ivan.

“ You love that rodent more than me” I can imagine her saying.

“ Whats Ivan got that I don’t?” she asks.

Better left unanswered.

Kept us waiting for 2 weeks, the coward.

At least he hurried up as we asked I guess.

But he should pay back our costs of trying to recruit him. Every last cent.

Ungrateful dumpster dickhead.

Think Ciraldo missed a trick if he actually rates himself as a good NRL coach of the future. If he does eventually jump in with a team high on the ladder or after Cleary finishes his contract, fair chance the natural cycle of teams means his team slide down the table over his tenure. Where does that leave his first grade coaching career?

The Tigers offering him a 5 year contract with good pathways now in place and building a war chest of salary cap space. Plus the COE now in place. If he backed himself to bring players over and develop the talent in the pathways, he takes the Tigers up the ladder, secures his reputation, then after 5 guaranteed years he’s probably even in a better position for his next first grade coach contract.

Even if he doesn’t quite make it work, he has 5 year’s increased salary guaranteed and probably walks straight back into an assistant role somewhere else given his record there.

If he can’t bring himself to pull the trigger in this scenario then maybe he isn’t the great next coach the media is pumping him up to be.
Maybe deep down he knows he’s a flat track bully and our place is not his style?

Payton has always been the main target....shifty sheens is at it again. Mark my words mr sheens has played this to suit his goal
Something to share or just your feeling ?
I would love Payton and surprised Cows have not extended him yet.. There was talk a few weeks ago they were going to talk.

Press death ridding us, didn’t stand a chance of signing with us!
Also with

i agree somewhat, but it’s all the media and that good for nothing blood clot Cleary. All death ridding us, it would
It's never us, bloody media

It’s unfair to ask a squad of the quality of WT to play against the best in the world week after week. They are going to look silly a lot, and that is not an environment that creates development. Imo

No mate - if that was possible all teams would be equal. The best teams have the best players it's that simple and our roster is arguably the weakest in the competition. There are plenty of coaches with better squads than ours that are also struggling to compete against the better teams.
I just look at the Melbourne system, they have their core then bring in regular no frills players that the coach develops,

And that my friend is why CC knocked us back. You are asking for the impossible.
I just think he sees it as a risk, I honestly don't think it will take too much to start turning things around, what we can all agree on is our next coaching appointment will be one of the biggest decisions the club has ever made.

Back