Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

Don’t think there’s many that are disappointed that Campbelltown has a big crowd, just think a lot of people just didn’t expect a crowd that big in Campbelltown given how low our attendance has been there in recent years.
Id say the attendance patterns at both grounds is reflective of the teams performance, and or when the game is scheduled. Sunday arvo games in Sydney will always usually draw the biggest crowds and more so when against another Sydney team. It's all set for a great atmosphere at Campbelltown on Sunday.

They say it's not good to compare.. Compare anything.

Some cultures have that drilled into them Wether it's religion or just a way of life.
My missus ways told me when we first met don't compare... It is what it is, sometimes for reasons well never know

We don't compare our crowds to Broncos crowds... Or Roosters crowds either, it is what it is and acceptance is the key, do what you can to improve things if they need imoroving... but LO & CSS will never be the same.

LOs history and and the deep family traditions it has do make it more of an event than just an. NRL game which I find at Cambo, it's distance for many supporters makes them wanna head home straight after the game where LO has plenty of pubs so before and after the game supportdrs tend to hang around more and a hell of a lot of old Balmain fans love the ground more than the team... Happy memories of great times (some not so) and nostalgia spark strong emotions.

As an old Magpie I have more connection to Leichhardt than Cambo... Hated when we moved but grudgingly had to accept it.
It's a tough dilemma... I'd hate to have to move (again) but I'd like one home ground but would miss terribly our real homes... Forever a long time

Some cultures have that drilled into them Wether it's religion or just a way of life.
My missus ways told me when we first met don't compare... It is what it is, sometimes for reasons well never know

We don't compare our crowds to Broncos crowds... Or Roosters crowds either, it is what it is and acceptance is the key, do what you can to improve things if they need imoroving... but LO & CSS will never be the same.

LOs history and and the deep family traditions it has do make it more of an event than just an. NRL game which I find at Cambo, it's distance for many supporters makes them wanna head home straight after the game where LO has plenty of pubs so before and after the game supportdrs tend to hang around more and a hell of a lot of old Balmain fans love the ground more than the team... Happy memories of great times (some not so) and nostalgia spark strong emotions.

As an old Magpie I have more connection to Leichhardt than Cambo... Hated when we moved but grudgingly had to accept it.
It's a tough dilemma... I'd hate to have to move (again) but I'd like one home ground but would miss terribly our real homes... Forever a long time

🔥🔥🔥

As Buddha says, “ much unhappiness caused by comparison” !

Lol, you want the club to die, do you?

There is no way the club will EVER only play out of one home ground and remain viable. If they neglect the fans and members then the club will crumble.

So what if there's 800 corporates there if there's only 5000 fans.

The only stadium members currently want to watch WT matches at is LO. CSS has the opportunity this weekend to show that they too care about and want to watch footy.

Even the genious Pascoe had the idea of playing at Olympic Park but he had to eventually admit defeat, and moved us to an even worse stadium at parramatta. This season is the first where what the members want has been offered to us for a very long time.
Unfortunately your forum name tells us everything about your opinions.

You're stuck in the past man.
Leichhardt and Campbelltown are both inadequate as they stand and improving the toilets at Leichhardt won't fix that.

Embrace the future.
Richo has and you can either accept it or drop off and follow the professional mahjong circuit.
The club can't walk with dinosaurs like Benny, Blocker and yourself, all convinced that the name of the club is Balmain and hope to prosper.

Embrace the future and be happy.

This will only be the 4th time we have played St.George at Cambelltown in 25 years, the last time was 9 years ago in 2015 and before that 2002 and 2000.

We lost in 2000 and 2002 and won in 2015.

We have lost our last 8 games at Campbelltown and Sunday is a must win to break the drought and level up with St.George at 2 wins a piece.

Go the WESTS TIGERS!

Home crowd averages (2018-2023)
Campbelltown = 14 games - 9,116
Leichhardt = 14 games - 13,445
Bankwest = 12 games - 11,668
ACCOR = 6 games - 25,191
Other = 5 games - 15,183
* COVID impacted games were excluded from data.

Attachments

• Wests Tigers Home games (2018-2023(.png
    Wests Tigers Home games (2018-2023(.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 4
This is simply raw data mate.
Always a good idea to know the story behind the data, particularly if it’s being used in decision making. I hate Accor as a regular season venue. Campbo has been given ugly games and we’ve been beaten handsomely in most of them of late. The numbers aren’t always truthful.

Always a good idea to know the story behind the data, particularly if it’s being used in decision making. I hate Accor as a regular season venue. Campbo has been given ugly games and we’ve been beaten handsomely in most of them of late. The numbers aren’t always truthful.

That's fine you know the story. I am just posting the numbers. You're more than welcome to spend your time further analysing the data.

That's fine you know the story. I am just posting the numbers. You're more than welcome to spend your time further analysing the data.
Hehe no analysing required mate, I’d just hate fellow forumers to form an incorrect view of our crowds at the various venues, based on a small and flawed sample.

• Love
Reactions: BZN
Does CSS have anything that compares to the incomparable Glen Morrison Memorial toilets gallagher:
Funniest thing I saw there was two hot dog sellers having a full on punch up over their territory on the corner near the round about. The pub behind the shops was always interesting after the game too.

Home crowd averages (2018-2023)
Campbelltown = 14 games - 9,116
Leichhardt = 14 games - 13,445
Bankwest = 12 games - 11,668
ACCOR = 6 games - 25,191
Other = 5 games - 15,183
* COVID impacted games were excluded from data.
Bankwest holds up ok for a venue supposedly everyone hated.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Unfortunately your forum name tells us everything about your opinions.

You're stuck in the past man.
Leichhardt and Campbelltown are both inadequate as they stand and improving the toilets at Leichhardt won't fix that.

Embrace the future.
Richo has and you can either accept it or drop off and follow the professional mahjong circuit.
The club can't walk with dinosaurs like Benny, Blocker and yourself, all convinced that the name of the club is Balmain and hope to prosper.

Embrace the future and be happy.
You're utterly delusional. The club has been nomads since our inception. We've had more home grounds in this time than any other club. In reality, our club has two homes: the Southwest and inner west. This is our history, where the club represents, and largely where the fans are based. And this is where we need to be.

We can't claim to represent a group of people and play in a completely different region. We've tried that before, and it failed. Improving our two current stadiums by any means possible has to be our focus for the future.

You're utterly delusional. The club has been nomads since our inception. We've had more home grounds in this time than any other club. In reality, our club has two homes: the Southwest and inner west. This is our history, where the club represents, and largely where the fans are based. And this is where we need to be.

We can't claim to represent a group of people and play in a completely different region. We've tried that before, and it failed. Improving our two current stadiums by any means possible has to be our focus for the future.
I agree with your sentiments that we cannot simply ignore the Inner West or the South West, but I’m stuck for answers as to how we continue to play home games at the current venues without any funding for upgrades ?

I'm delusional and you're stuck in 1968.

For every supporter we lose in the "inner west" (I'm sure you actually mean people who go to LO) there's an exponential number of extra supporters in the West, South West and the rest of Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. We are the WESTS TIGERS, that gives us scope to be supported by anyone.
We'll have a presence in the South west, but we don't necessarily have to play there. This club should be a behemoth, not a midget playing in a backyard sized toilet cubicle in Leichhardt.
The Dolphins get it. They have Brisbane wide support even though they're based in Redcliffe. Not calling themselves Redcliffe was a masterstroke.

Open your mind to what could be and don't act out of self interest for your own little corner of the world.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back