Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

campbletown is saf elaborate or territory I can't see state or federal stumping up fans to upgrade a stadium. Especially after what the Libs did with Penrith to try to win votes.
Agreed . For a brief moment in time it felt like vlandys had sold ice to eskimos re. The surburban stadium upgrades .
But it seems sanity has prevailed , as much as I wish LO got the upgrade .

I think they would stick a rabbitoh on the outside if Allianz if they moved back there.
I don't know what is best Accor or commbank both have faults
Accor would be the best case. It’s the closest stadium to where the Tigers are based in Concord and is the biggest stadium in Sydney. Downside is though there’s a lot of empty seats that will be visible in person and on TV. Commbank is Parramatta’s stadium it will never be anyone else’s but theirs.

The NSW gov . Won’t spend the money , despite the frequency that the stadium is used .
They are simply leaving Sydney short of quality professional sporting venues unless they upgrade Leichhardt Oval or build a suitable boutique stadium in the Inner West and a bigger stadium comparable to Parramatta in the Liverpool-Campbelltown region.

You’re wrong . Melbourne went through what we are going through now with stadia , but instead of fixing up more remote boutique stadiums like Brooks and the riff , the forced all teams into one of those 2 . But realistically though the “westy” team is Footscray . About the same time from Melbourne as Lidcombe is to Sydney . They don’t really have remote teams and when they do like Geelong , it’s far enough away for thier own stadium .
I guess we are saying the same thing re. Accor , I’m fine to share.
The Liverpool stadium isn’t happening IMO , and the only way C town is getting required knock down rebuild is if the bulls can some how drum up some real support to leverage that with us . .
I’m 100% sure the proposed Liverpool stadium was because Lee wanted to be closer to where the games are played because his main office is in Liverpool. Liverpool I don’t see happening besides I think Dogs would want in on that if we went ahead and did that.

Reactions: BZN
They need a sporting venue for professional sport in the Inner West, it will leave a shortage of nothing is done.
Only chance of that happening is if Concord oval got upgraded to a decent sized stadium. I don’t see it happening but that’s probably the only way should LO be discontinued.

They need a sporting venue for professional sport in the Inner West, it will leave a shortage of nothing is done.
It’s a 5-10 minute drive from the Gladesville bridge to Olympic park . Not in peak traffic . It’s hardly this area that’s going to fall by the wayside .
There’s no elite stadium anywhere from the SFS to Wollongong . And Kogorah has the same conversations being had about it that are being had about LO.
That seems like a huge stretch.

Why do they need it? It's really not far from Allianz or Accor.
The emergence of professional women’s sport means there are numerous teams now needing professional sporting venues and not needing the high cost large stadium like Allianz or Accor.
Inner West has plenty of need for a boutique 20,000 seat stadium and the Liverpool - MacArthur region has plenty of need for something similar to Parranatta.

The emergence of professional women’s sport means there are numerous teams now needing professional sporting venues and not needing the high cost large stadium like Allianz or Accor.
Inner West has plenty of need for a boutique 20,000 seat stadium and the Liverpool - MacArthur region has plenty of need for something similar to Parranatta.
Leichhardt services any women's sport easily in its current form.

Why do they need it? It's really not far from Allianz or Accor.
Allianz wouldn’t work imo. Playing in the east while being called Wests Tigers doesn’t feel right. Plus Roosters would fight for them to be able to be the only team to use it. Only leaves Accor stadium as Commbank is Parramatta’s.

I love LO . We all do . But that’s not factually true . How do I know this ? Because the most opprtunistic , manipulative people on earth ie. politicians , can’t leverage that into votes.
If there was a true thirst for it , to the volume that you’re talking about , then for those types it’s a no brainer / easy win .
But it’s not , because it’s not .
And to be honest , I’m not even 💯 sold on whether Cambo needs a comm bank . Parra is a mini CBD, and could be argued it’s more like 1b to Sydney cbd 1a .
Most of the infrastructure in that corridor is out towards Narellan , and is more factory , complex structure , than a thriving economy around a CBD like parra .
I actually tjink if we built it in the next 5 years it would be a white elephant . 10-15 years ? With good planning ? Yea that might work . But we can’t wait that long can we .

Allianz wouldn’t work imo. Playing in the east while being called Wests Tigers doesn’t feel right. Plus Roosters would fight for them to be able to be the only team to use it. Only leaves Accor stadium as Commbank is Parramatta’s.
That was in response to a post about women's sport needing an upgraded LO.
Your thinking that the Roosters could stop another team using the Allianz is ridiculous though.

Your thinking that the Roosters could stop another team using the Allianz is ridiculous though.
While they have Nick Politis as the helm of their club, it’s very unlikely they’ll share it with any other NRL team. Don’t forget he’s tight with the NRL, especially V’landys.

I think Richo in his interview said that it wasn’t that they could stop them , but the scg trust played favourites and treated south’s so I guess anyone else , like the ugly step child . It doesn’t make any sense to go to the SFS , as much as that stadium looks amazing .

While they have Nick Politis as the helm of their club, it’s very unlikely they’ll share it with any other NRL team. Don’t forget he’s tight with the NRL, especially V’landys.
? It’s owned by the scg trust . It’s about whether they the trust would offer comparative rates to the Olympic park trust which also owns comm bank .

Sorry, but that's just stupid.

I think Richo in his interview said that it wasn’t that they could stop them , but the scg trust played favourites and treated south’s so I guess anyone else , like the ugly step child . It doesn’t make any sense to go to the SFS , as much as that stadium looks amazing .
I'm not saying we should go there. I'm just staying the govt won't spend big money on LO due to its proximity to Allianz abd Accor.

Latest posts

Members online

Back