Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

Talk yesterday by one of our newspaper reporters about getting rid of leichardt, as it can no longer cater to NRL games
anymore, and should be eliminated from the game.

I watched our game and saw The crowd ( all standing ) on the hill, and the commentators saying the game was sold out, but then after game was over I was curious when I saw that the NRL had posted the official crowd at 15900,
I then took a look at how bad for NRL leichardt really is, we have 4 clubs with grounds that need some improvement or don't have enough room for big crowds,

N0 1 Dragons ground 20500
N0 2 Leichardt. 20000
N0 3 Manly. 17000
N0 4 Bulldogs. 17000

So if our ground holds 20000
And we saw that crowd and we know ground sold out. Then how was the crowd only 15900.
I was there at LO the day the record was set memory a bit dim think it was vs Souths and crowd about 23000 or almost .I should check Wikipedia but someone must know

I was there at LO the day the record was set memory a bit dim think it was vs Souths and crowd about 23000 or almost .I should check Wikipedia but someone must know

I thought it was the dragons when Wok was coaching us back in the 80's but i am probably wrong.You could barely move that day and the atmosphere was something else

Where were you circa 2010 Ink?!
Not sure what you mean, we lived at Dundas and I rememeber wed get a LOT of Fri nite games at Moore Pk....I always parked in the school Syd BHS or Syd GHS not sure both had parking options
Wed either sit in the corners or opposite the cameras eastern side

based on that it looks like no Leichardt and maybe redeveloped CSS (no mention of that yet though).

I am thinking maybe Accor from 2026 ?

Good to see Richo me tinning no more Tamworth
Richo admitted that Campbelltown isn’t exactly in prime state either to be a great stadium that he compares to Storm, Eels, Roosters etc. Unless Campbelltown council is willing to get the stadium upgraded, we won’t be playing there either. My guess is Accor but hard to make an identity when 2 other teams use it as a home as well.

Richo admitted that Campbelltown isn’t exactly in prime state either to be a great stadium that he compares to Storm, Eels, Roosters etc. Unless Campbelltown council is willing to get the stadium upgraded, we won’t be playing there either. My guess is Accor but hard to make an identity when 2 other teams use it as a home as well.
would think souths go to Allianz and us and dogs play out of Accor ?

would think souths go to Allianz and us and dogs play out of Accor ?
Don’t think so mate. Roosters and Bunnies wouldn’t be able to co-exist if they shared Allianz, although if they do that I won’t complain. But I think if we are gonna not use LO or CSS anymore, Accor is probably the best to go with. Richo also admitted that they are set up at Concord and have no plans on moving, probably would be way too expensive to relocate. Guess we’ll just have to share Accor with Dogs and Souths.

The Tigers board at the time missed a great opportunity to make Concord Oval a 25k seat stadium when they got the CoE. If it was big enough to hold a Rugby World Cup in 1987 (20,000 plus spectators) and that was before the eastern stand was put in. They also have the new Metro station being developed 100 metres away and Burwood station 10 mins walk and a bus depot across on Parramatta road.
Think the problem is parking for those who want to/need to drive there. Parramatta Rd is very busy and having that stadium right off the highway would be a massive pain for people to come and go. Plus the field can’t hold 20K spectators anymore only 5K from what I’ve found. Obviously it would need to be redeveloped as you said, but I think parking would be the main issue.

Not sure what you mean, we lived at Dundas and I rememeber wed get a LOT of Fri nite games at Moore Pk....I always parked in the school Syd BHS or Syd GHS not sure both had parking options
Wed either sit in the corners or opposite the cameras eastern side
Sorry mate, I meant where were you to give me that advice when I was stuck in the car park!

Sorry mate, I meant where were you to give me that advice when I was stuck in the car park!
Yeah I learnt pretty quick, they would have 3 or 4 entry points before the game ...then only one open at full time

Im not sure if they have addressed the parking at Allianz despite the whole stadium being torn down and re-built

Don’t think so mate. Roosters and Bunnies wouldn’t be able to co-exist if they shared Allianz, although if they do that I won’t complain. But I think if we are gonna not use LO or CSS anymore, Accor is probably the best to go with. Richo also admitted that they are set up at Concord and have no plans on moving, probably would be way too expensive to relocate. Guess we’ll just have to share Accor with Dogs and Souths.
Souths and Easts have shared Moore Park before. Who else plays at the ground doednt bother the smart clubs.

Souths and Easts have shared Moore Park before. Who else plays at the ground doednt bother the smart clubs.
And it didn’t really go well when they shared, got rebuilt and Roosters now have exclusive rights. It’s supposed to be a shared stadium but it’s got their logo on it. But anyway using an 80K stadium is just gonna result in a lot of empty seats which is the downside of this move. The stadium only has 20-30K attendance on a regular game. Hard to make an atmosphere with so many seats not filled.

Idk if that sort of attitude cuts it in 2024.

Yet is was full of people last night that went to watch footy.

There is no doubt that it desperately needs sanitary improvements, and some work in lots of other areas, but it does the job and has done so for multiple sports over many years.

In Melbourne they do … every club plays out of either Dockland or the G . Multiple teams share stadia all the time .
In Rome Roma and Lazio share the stadium I think ? I believe it’s the same for Milan with Ac and Inter .
The good thing about Accor unlike the SFS or Comm Bank , is no 1 team has an immediate rapport / association with it .
If the plans to upgrade it had gone through , the issue with echo and atmosphere / acoustics would be gone .
That always has seemed like the sensible option IMO , as much as seeing Leichhardt rocking last night had me cutting onions .
the unfortunate thing for us is Penrith really is the back of Beirut in reference to inner Sydney , and brookvale as close as it is as the crow flies is also a huge shit fight journey to get to ie. it really does do a job for the northern suburbs/beaches .
C-town should be the obvious upgrade with a shared resource with the bulls. But if the Ctown council won’t / can’t afford to upgrade it , or they won’t lobby in the NSW parliament for it , then it’s all just gonna sort itself out with the meh option ie. Accor .
I personally would love a mini Suncorp like comm bank or Robina , as a new stadium would really galvanise the area IMO , but much like the tigers board was full of dead weight , the dead weight in NSW politics would be like attaching boulders to your ankles .

In Melbourne they do … every club plays out of either Dockland or the G . Multiple teams share stadia all the time .
In Rome Roma and Lazio share the stadium I think ? I believe it’s the same for Milan with Ac and Inter .
The good thing about Accor unlike the SFS or Comm Bank , is no 1 team has an immediate rapport / association with it .
If the plans to upgrade it had gone through , the issue with echo and atmosphere / acoustics would be gone .
That always has seemed like the sensible option IMO , as much as seeing Leichhardt rocking last night had me cutting onions .
the unfortunate thing for us is Penrith really is the back of Beirut in reference to inner Sydney , and brookvale as close as it is as the crow flies is also a huge shit fight journey to get to ie. it really does do a job for the northern suburbs/beaches .
C-town should be the obvious upgrade with a shared resource with the bulls. But if the Ctown council won’t / can’t afford to upgrade it , or they won’t lobby in the NSW parliament for it , then it’s all just gonna sort itself out with the meh option ie. Accor .
I personally would love a mini Suncorp like comm bank or Robina , as a new stadium would really galvanise the area IMO , but much like the tigers board was full of dead weight , the dead weight in NSW politics would be like attaching boulders to your ankles .
I’m not an AFL fan so I don’t know the whole story behind why most of the clubs share the stadiums they play at between them. My guess is Melbourne didn’t want to give each team their own ground so they just went ahead with it, but they sell out majority of the time down there so I guess in the end it paid off.

If Campbelltown was an elite stadium that probably would be the plan. But even if currently it’s in better condition to LO, it is still pretty dull compared to Accor, Commbank and Allianz. I suppose Penrith’s new stadium will be like that as well when it gets built as well Manly’s should the upgrade happen to them as well. Accor is probably the only real option we have, unless they can somehow convert Concord oval into a stadium for us but I doubt that.

My 20y.o son supports another team but come to the game last night and he was amazed with the support and atmosphere for a team that has run last for the past 2 seasons
The hill is iconic, if they kept the hill and built a modern day stadium around it, that would continue serving many sporting teams for many years to come.
I understand and agree we have to increase our presence in the rapidly growing south/west region, but we should be keeping a minimum of 4 games per year at Leichhardt for as long as possible.

And it didn’t really go well when they shared, got rebuilt and Roosters now have exclusive rights. It’s supposed to be a shared stadium but it’s got their logo on it. But anyway using an 80K stadium is just gonna result in a lot of empty seats which is the downside of this move. The stadium only has 20-30K attendance on a regular game. Hard to make an atmosphere with so many seats not filled.
I think they would stick a rabbitoh on the outside if Allianz if they moved back there.
I don't know what is best Accor or commbank both have faults

I’m not an AFL fan so I don’t know the whole story behind why most of the clubs share the stadiums they play at between them. My guess is Melbourne didn’t want to give each team their own ground so they just went ahead with it, but they sell out majority of the time down there so I guess in the end it paid off.

If Campbelltown was an elite stadium that probably would be the plan. But even if currently it’s in better condition to LO, it is still pretty dull compared to Accor, Commbank and Allianz. I suppose Penrith’s new stadium will be like that as well when it gets built as well Manly’s should the upgrade happen to them as well. Accor is probably the only real option we have, unless they can somehow convert Concord oval into a stadium for us but I doubt that.
You’re wrong . Melbourne went through what we are going through now with stadia , but instead of fixing up more remote boutique stadiums like Brooks and the riff , the forced all teams into one of those 2 . But realistically though the “westy” team is Footscray . About the same time from Melbourne as Lidcombe is to Sydney . They don’t really have remote teams and when they do like Geelong , it’s far enough away for thier own stadium .
I guess we are saying the same thing re. Accor , I’m fine to share.
The Liverpool stadium isn’t happening IMO , and the only way C town is getting required knock down rebuild is if the bulls can some how drum up some real support to leverage that with us . .

campbletown is safe labor territory I can't see state or federal stumping up fans to upgrade a stadium. Especially after what the Libs did with Penrith to try to win votes.

My 20y.o son supports another team but come to the game last night and he was amazed with the support and atmosphere for a team that has run last for the past 2 seasons
The hill is iconic, if they kept the hill and built a modern day stadium around it, that would continue serving many sporting teams for many years to come.
I understand and agree we have to increase our presence in the rapidly growing south/west region, but we should be keeping a minimum of 4 games per year at Leichhardt for as long as possible.
The NSW gov . Won’t spend the money , despite the frequency that the stadium is used .

Richo basically admitted at this stage both LO and CSS are most likely done unless they can get upgrades.

Back