Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

Richo has given Leichhardt a whack on the bye round. Hopefully they still keep it for 2-3 heritage games per year.

New stadium needed at Campbo.

Richo has given Leichhardt a whack on the bye round. Hopefully they still keep it for 2-3 heritage games per year.

New stadium needed at Campbo.
Is that a podcast? Could you point my in the right direction

Is it hard to get there though? There’s a light rail stop 10 minutes walk away and a bus stop even closer. Yeah driving can be tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing. I’ve never had problems getting a park 10 minutes walk away and I’m away and on Victoria Road a few minutes later. You’ve got to avoid Balmain Rd/Darling St
I park down near haberfield rowers and walk up past the montage, never any traffic issues getting home

based on that it looks like no Leichardt and maybe redeveloped CSS (no mention of that yet though).

I am thinking maybe Accor from 2026 ?

Good to see Richo me tinning no more Tamworth

based on that it looks like no Leichardt and maybe redeveloped CSS (no mention of that yet though).

I am thinking maybe Accor from 2026 ?

Good to see Richo me tinning no more Tamworth
Possibly next year. Sounded we like only have deals with LO and CSS for this year.
I never really got Tamworth.

Second time you have mentioned the NRL putting money in and the second time I will say they wont do this on an asset they don’t own .. it will be perceived by the other teams as favourtism…
Second time you have said this as well , how do you know they won’t put up funds , do you have inside info or you just basing on not owned no pay maybe they get some big dollars from tv deals and the like and spread a bit around to help out these grounds , you could be right time will tell , PV usually gets what he wants and these grounds are exactly what he wants

The Tigers board at the time missed a great opportunity to make Concord Oval a 25k seat stadium when they got the CoE. If it was big enough to hold a Rugby World Cup in 1987 (20,000 plus spectators) and that was before the eastern stand was put in. They also have the new Metro station being developed 100 metres away and Burwood station 10 mins walk and a bus depot across on Parramatta road.

Parking is fine if you know what you’re doing. Amazingly nobody ever seems to bring up parking at Brookvale Oval. And yeah when I used to drive to Moore Park I’d often be stuck in that car park for ages.
There’s a lot of whinging peanuts in this world. The biggest is Paul Kent. Always whinging about parking, facilities, blah, blah, blah. Expecting to role up to the front and get a park with a couple of minute until kick off. Any of the side streets behind the orange grove pub across from the hospital and a nice 10-15 minute walk through the grounds to the 8th wonder. It’s a right of passage, and should be viewed that way!

There’s a lot of whinging peanuts in this world. The biggest is Paul Kent. Always whinging about parking, facilities, blah, blah, blah. Expecting to role up to the front and get a park with a couple of minute until kick off. Any of the side streets behind the orange grove pub across from the hospital and a nice 10-15 minute walk through the grounds to the 8th wonder. It’s a right of passage, and should be viewed that way!
Pretty sure he was at LO last night. Walked past where we were sitting. Looked like he couldn't believe the place was so full before kick off!

Have not read all the posts on this topic so might be repeating someone else’s thoughts, but the lack of grog and food outlets was crazy. The beer line was a 20 minute wait minimum. I had one look at the line and decided to go cold turkey

Talk yesterday by one of our newspaper reporters about getting rid of leichardt, as it can no longer cater to NRL games
anymore, and should be eliminated from the game.

I watched our game and saw The crowd ( all standing ) on the hill, and the commentators saying the game was sold out, but then after game was over I was curious when I saw that the NRL had posted the official crowd at 15900,
I then took a look at how bad for NRL leichardt really is, we have 4 clubs with grounds that need some improvement or don't have enough room for big crowds,

N0 1 Dragons ground 20500
N0 2 Leichardt. 20000
N0 3 Manly. 17000
N0 4 Bulldogs. 17000

So if our ground holds 20000
And we saw that crowd and we know ground sold out. Then how was the crowd only 15900.

Back