Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

Heard on Nrl360 that entry to Leichhardt on Saturday was $55 each to stand on a hill.

Is that correct??

What people need to understand is this is out of Richos hands… LO needs millions of dollars of upgrades which no club on its own has the funds for & it looks like the government won’t be helping out either. Nothing else can be done.
That’s a Pascoe attitude. Richo didn’t do a 2 hour pod with James Graham then show up on the news the next day for fun.

Heard on Nrl360 that entry to Leichhardt on Saturday was $55 each to stand on a hill.

Is that correct??
That was indeed the price for a General Admission ticket .. which was a standing on the hill ticket .. BUT remember these prices are dictated by the NRL .. not by the WestsTigers Club or by the Leichhardt Oval.

The former NSW Govt promised the Tigers i believe the some of 95 Million dollars to upgrade Leichhardt Oval .. but then some months later after they won the NSW elections withdrew that money .. and gave it Penrith who now have 309 million dollars to upgrade their stadium .. the Sports Minister at the time who was responsible for awarding us the money and then withdrawing it some months later and handing it to Penrith was Stuart Ayers .. and its not hard to figure out which team he supports .. if you dont know .. Penriff .. !!

At the end of the day, no point getting upset over what idiots like Read think. That’s just an opinion. If you are going to get upset, channel it towards Richo, because he has actual influence. He doesn’t like the place.

How the hell do the roosters have any fans???

Only because they win regularly.
My Mates and their Kids who go for these clubs (Roosters, Melb, Broncos etc) are from out west in Syd,

Boggles the mind.

Fans gravitate to success - I will cop some rough decisions to be successful.

He was on the news last night saying Leichhardt needs funding. It’s not a subtle play 😂
I saw that but trying to get govt funding in a safe seat and with the Greens hating any type of development in the area could see Leichhardt go the the way of Redfern, Lidcombe and Henson and be only used for junior rep games. It would be a shame.

My Mates and their Kids who go for these clubs (Roosters, Melb, Broncos etc) are from out west in Syd,

Boggles the mind.

Fans gravitate to success - I will cop some rough decisions to be successful.
It beats the heartbreak of continually being in the news for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: BZN
He'll listen to the members.

He wants to grow our membership numbers, that won't happen by relocating us to white elephants that have been tried and failed before.

Unless a new stadium is suddenly getting built in a Magical.location we only have Leichhardt Campbelltown,and we need these grounds developed

The move to the other stadiums didn’t fail it kept the club financially to a point afloat as the sentimental grounds cost us money even when full.

The sentimental grounds will have little impact on member numbers overall especially if the club starts a winning trend.

The move if it happens will be about bottom line financially

Yeh Richo was way off about women not wanting to stand on the hill. Women are equally passionate supporters of the club and loving the hill is not a gender specific thing. You either love it or you don't.
My daughter and I had the best night on Saturday, on the hill, yelling our heads off as the boys put on one of the best games I've been to! We definitely weren't the only women there, either!

I’ve been trying to work out what sort of crowd would have attended on Saturday night if the game was played at Accor ?
More, less or the same ?
I think probably more coz while the faithful packed our joint, reckon there might have been 20-25k at Accor. We have to remember accessibility for opposition supporters can also boost the crowd.
And there are a lot of people who say if the games at LO, forget it.
I could be wrong, it’s happened before 🤣🤣🤣
I wonder what the ticket price would have been at Accor?

I would have thought that a deal at Accor would be pretty much subsidised allowing for ticket prices to be a bit more reasonable than the $55 being charged at Leichhardt to stand on the hill.

I believe that playing at Accor was pretty attractive for the club in the past from a financial point and was good for members because there were reciprocal arrangements meaning entry for some away games eg. Souffs, Dogs. were also included.

The management of Accor (then ANZ) were selective and did not want every home game played there, only the ones they thought would draw the biggest crowd, (eg. Souffs/Canterbury /Parramatta) so we still did not have it as our sole home ground.

Personally If we were forced to have only one home ground I would have been happy for it to be Accor/ANZ/Olympic Park, whatever you want to call it, provided we were given the financial incentives and reciprocal member benefits to take all our home games there with the proviso that all the improvements with respect to making it a rectangular ground with the curtaining, steeper seating etc. that were originally proposed.

I think it would have been ideal due to it's central location, availability of public transport, (especially when public transport was included in the ticket price), close proximity to Concord etc.

Then the dumb bastards went and built nice home grounds for the Roorters and the Parra-sites instead.

Reactions: 851
So, I hope you don't pay $40 + for ga tickets to then have to stand on the hill?
We did, and we sat on a picnic rug, drank JBs, ate hot dogs ... not sure what your point is? Some women are passionate NRL followers, some men are not (hubby went to a concert, sons couldnt give a toss about footy/sport). I don't think it should be a gender issue 🤷‍♀️

Fact is, in their current state, Leichhardt and Campbelltown grounds need urgent work for an NRL club to continue to play in those venues and deliver comfort to supporters, and a revenue stream for the club. The tough sell to government is WT play 5 matches in each. Manly and Penrith play 11 at Brookie and Penrith respectively.

Parra is a no go. From a capacity point of view, I reckon it could've worked if the Leagues club wasn't directly beside the joint, but the fact is, IT IS!! That venue is associated with Parra all day and night, and any other club - whether it be Canterbury, WT, or Penrith for the next two seasons - will be second rate citizens. It [This word has been automatically removed]ing irks me to think WT supporters use the club pre-game and pump money into an opposition club.

Olympic Stadium is the only real alternative for WT given the venue's location, and homogeneity in the NRL. But I hate the 4, 3, 3 split that the club has previously had. It confirms the nomads tag that the club has been labelled with.

Has Richo said anything about the Tamworth strategy and whether the club will continue with it at the end of the contract? Like the Leichhardt and Campbelltown strategy, that was the doing of the former management team, and wondering whether Richo and Mielekamp will support and persist with it.
He said Tamworth ends this year.

Big clubs having top rate grounds is all well and good if you are not in Sydney.
Melbourne Cowboys Brisbane (until last season) Newcastle Warriors Titans are all one team towns where they don't have the competition to share grounds or fan bases. Hasnt made the Titans anymore successful on the field.
The problem is that we are in the Sydney market where there is only money for two purpose built stadiums and Parra and Roosters are the beneficiaries. Cant see Manly Cronulla Penrith or St George eager to give up their suburban grounds. This is all about keeping corporates happy and I get that but it has nothing to do with being successful on the field or Parra and Roosters would be winners every year.

Reactions: BZN
If anyone listens to this bespectacled fwit then they got rocks in their head. Him and his Fox minions only want to see the destruction of the Tigers. He is crapping on a almost a century of history and culture. Dont let him, ignore everything Fox and fight for LO. Plus LO real and authentic in its own right, not some manufactured wind tunnel where people in suits can sip champagne away from the dirty working class. That upsets him and his corporate masters.

Latest posts

Back