Wests Tigers Jerseys

@The Phantom said:
We DO have too many jerseys !!!!!!

In 30years time what will we look back on as our traditional Wests Tigers Jersey ? ?

Hi everyone

I am wondering when Wests Tigers Heritage will take over the Balmain/Wests Heritage. Maybe we will finish up with three "heritage" traditions.

Tigergran

If I only had two jerseys to buy each year I might make more of an effort to be a collector. But because there are so many to buy I can never make up my mind which ones to get an end up not bothering at all, or maybe buying only one.

I went to a fancy dress party on the weekend in my Wests heritage jersey. Everyone thought i went as The Hamburglar..

Pretty poor effort at humor there CT…...Back to the drawing boards for you.

Personally, i liked it. Much better than some of the other rubbish that has been put out.
Nice and simple. Great colours.

@Chris said:
Pretty poor effort at humor there CT…...Back to the drawing boards for you.

I liked the jumper but it was a bit hamburglar-ish. Then again the week before they looked like the Bumble Bee Man from the Simpsons… Aye Chihuahua!!

so where have the old days gone when 1 jersey with 1 sponsor was enough?? god Phillips was Balmains sponsor and only sponsor for quite a few years. you would think it was harder to surive with cash back then!

They tend to do a Wests 'heritage' day when we play Saints. I assume they'll wear the black and white again against Saints at Kogarah as they tend to where the heritage jersey twice a year.
(Saints have 4 jersey's and I've never heard nine whinge about them. Voss is such a tosser).

@tigergran said:
@The Phantom said:
We DO have too many jerseys !!!!!!

In 30years time what will we look back on as our traditional Wests Tigers Jersey ? ?

Hi everyone

I am wondering when Wests Tigers Heritage will take over the Balmain/Wests Heritage. Maybe we will finish up with three "heritage" traditions.

Tigergran

Would be nice to see them run out in the 2005 Grand Final stripe against the Cows at Leichhardt in round 19\. I guess last years tenth anniversary jersey was our first Wests Tigers heritage jersey?

@crouching_tiger said:
I went to a fancy dress party on the weekend in my Wests heritage jersey. Everyone thought i went as The Hamburglar..

Yoss beat me too it….Plus I'm surprised you took your Bears jersey off lomg enough to change......

I prefer the V Maggies Strip but I didnt mind the one on Friday also Vossy is a dead set tool he will take anything and run with it.

We as a club will never move forward while there are these Tigers/Magpie factions. We MUST look at ourselves as a new entity and not forget the past but look to the future and stop the infighting between the 2.

We are Wests Tigers, not Balmain nor the Magpies. Get over it and move on or move away.

@IronTiger said:
We as a club will never move forward while there are these Tigers/Magpie factions. We MUST look at ourselves as a new entity and not forget the past but look to the future and stop the infighting between the 2.

We are Wests Tigers, not Balmain nor the Magpies. Get over it and move on or move away.

Hmm I admire the way you value a diversity of opinion… Maybe there are some who disagree with you but are still passionate supporters of the club??

Unlike other clubs we have over 200 years of history between us and we should be proud to acknowledge that.
\
\
The Magpies and Balmain are still active football clubs. They actually do all the important, unappreciated, grass roots work for the Wests Tigers. So to say we should get over it…. well maybe you should.

i think thats stupid, its good to embrace the heritage i think.. Could've been used against Manly like last year! Fibros v Silvertails

good stuff!

I think we're overdoing it a bit as well. I buy all the jerseys and like wearing them but I like to see some sort of continuity on the field. Wonder if we'll have more heritage jumpers to buy next year ?!?! I hope not.

I didnt like the jersey but i understand why they wore it.Fairs fair but maybe they shouldve have wore it on a home game cause surely they would have sold alot more merchandise.

Oh and gobbs Wests didnt forgo anything they were kicked out of the league then Balmain through them a lifeline.but yes the lower clubs were forced to merge or die.Not starting but just stating a fact.

@tiger4ever said:
I didnt like the jersey but i understand why they wore it.Fairs fair but maybe they shouldve have wore it on a home game cause surely they would have sold alot more merchandise.

Oh and gobbs Wests didnt forgo anything they were kicked out of the league then Balmain through them a lifeline.but yes the lower clubs were forced to merge or die.Not starting but just stating a fact.

I was a Balmain member at the time and I don't think that's a totally fair explanation of what happened…

Back