Wests Tigers Jerseys

@Yossarian said:
@Go You Good Things said:
Teal is a stand out colour.

It has worked for the Port Adelaide Power since they came into the AFL, and their current strip is the best in the AFL.

According to you anyway…

I like the simplicity of the new one. They alwyas wore the Prison Bar style Black and White Collingwood jersey but as they couldn't carry those colours into the AFL they set about finding a stand out colour to complement the two. Teal did that.

A 9 year old girl designed their new Black jersey with the White and Teal V and it looks brilliant because of it's simplicity. You don't see Collingwood or Man U changing their strips every year.

I love the way Vossy sounds so certain he is right, when we all no he is so so wrong.

Keep emailing him people, lets see if we can get an on air apology
<sundayroast@nine.com.au></sundayroast@nine.com.au>

@Yossarian said:
@Chris said:
Pretty poor effort at humor there CT…...Back to the drawing boards for you.

I liked the jumper but it was a bit hamburglar-ish. Then again the week before they looked like the Bumble Bee Man from the Simpsons… Aye Chihuahua!!

Or Barry B from the _Bee Movie_.

@Yossarian said:
Teal is a stand out colour.

It has worked for the Port Adelaide Power since they came into the AFL, and their current strip is the best in the AFL.

According to you anyway…

I like the simplicity of the new one. They alwyas wore the Prison Bar style Black and White Collingwood jersey but as they couldn't carry those colours into the AFL they set about finding a stand out colour to complement the two. Teal did that.

A 9 year old girl designed their new Black jersey with the White and Teal V and it looks brilliant because of it's simplicity. You don't see Collingwood or Man U changing their strips every year.

I am aware of the Port/Collingwood thing. Personally I don't think Ports jerseys are that great and teal is an overrated colour.

Man U don't change their strips every year? You're kidding right??? They have more different strips than us!!

@tiger4ever said:
Oh and gobbs Wests didnt forgo anything they were kicked out of the league then Balmain through them a lifeline.but yes the lower clubs were forced to merge or die.Not starting but just stating a fact.

Of course Balmain provided Western Suburbs a lifeline, because after winning the 1989 grand final, the club continued this success into the 1990's…..

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@tiger4ever said:
Oh and gobbs Wests didnt forgo anything they were kicked out of the league then Balmain through them a lifeline.but yes the lower clubs were forced to merge or die.Not starting but just stating a fact.

Of course Balmain provided Western Suburbs a lifeline, because after winning the 1989 grand final, the club continued this success into the 1990's…..

Im familar with sarcasm.haha

Yes i never said it wasnt the best thing we ever did.

Lets not talk about successful seasons….oh please

We were always competitive at our home ground leichhardt.

@galahs said:
Jen Taylor sent on the reply she got from the sunday roast to me. Seems they really are ignorant.
\

I had to turn off your show in disgust last weekend when you baboons didn't have enough intelligence between you to know the Wests Tigers black and white jersey was honouring the Wests Magpies. To even suggest it was a jersey from Wenty Leagues!!! I think you should all have to wear retro Wests Magpies jerseys for the entirety of your next show!
>
still fuming
>
Jen Taylor
Ingleburn, NSW
\

To: Jen Taylor
Sent: Tue, 25 May, 2010 9:47:56 AM
Subject: RE: Magpies not Maitland
>
Totally incorrect Jen,
>
The club have Wests Magpies strips, which they do wear, that are available for the public to purchase and what they wore on Friday night isn't one of them.
>
Vossy</sundayroast@nine.com.au>

Hi everyone

I'm surprised she got any reply after sending that impolite email - I would have ignored it!!

Tigergran

St George have it close. The Big Red V…

We need a Wests Tigers Jersey, Home and Away and thats it. We can remember our Heritage through other means, but the message we need to send to the Australian and International public is the Wests Tigers...

05 we had a good blend of Black, White and Gold which was easily reversible.

Maybe if she were emailing "Speak to the Press"…but this is The Sunday roast where they call everyone Gibberers & Dribblers etc....its light hearted and not meant to be taken so seriously and i think some here have their halos on way too tight....but I wonder if the opinion would be the same if it were that other jersey were talkin about, doubt it

It doesn't hurt to be polite, Ink - no matter what the subject is!! The email could have been phrased much better….

Tigergran

@innsaneink said:
….but I wonder if the opinion would be the same if it were that other jersey were talkin about, doubt it

I was thinking the same thing.
\
\
I really don't think what Jen wrote was overly harsh. She was obviuosly angry as was I. I can't understand how Vossy was so certain that he was right and that someone who obviously follows the club closely would be wrong on such an easy to comprehend topic.

@galahs said:
@innsaneink said:
….but I wonder if the opinion would be the same if it were that other jersey were talkin about, doubt it

I was thinking the same thing.
\
\
I really don't think what Jen wrote was overly harsh. She was obviuosly angry as was I. I can't understand how Vossy was so certain that he was right and that someone who obviously follows the club closely would be wrong on such an easy to comprehend topic.

If Vossy had been critical of the "other" jersey, and I was prompted to send an email to him, I would have been firm, but still polite.

Tigergran

If your worried about them being called baboons… then maybe you should have a tea spoon of cement

I just think if you want a decent response form someone, ask in an appropriate manner. I guess in the passion of the moment your friend was incensed and spoke to them in the manner they are used to. I just think it lowers her to their level, And obviously Vossy is a tool, and couldn't even be bothered to check his facts first. These journalists think they are so superior to everyone else, when they are generally ignorant and rude.

@tigergran said:
It doesn't hurt to be polite, Ink - no matter what the subject is!! The email could have been phrased much better….

Tigergran

Yeah thats true gran, but reading it again I really dont think a reply was her aim, more just getting her point across, getting something off her chest and trying to educate a few ignorants

My email to him was factual and polite with links to the Magpies Archives and I got no reply.

I loved the magpies jersey, and I know I will be going out to buy one…..i didnt mind the balmain one either, would be happy for those to be our home and away jerseys.

I believe you will find that WT have had the current home and away jerseys for three years now - launched in centenery season. I think this means that they will change these two jerseys next season.

@galahs said:
Jen Taylor sent on the reply she got from the sunday roast to me. Seems they really are ignorant.
\

I had to turn off your show in disgust last weekend when you baboons didn't have enough intelligence between you to know the Wests Tigers black and white jersey was honouring the Wests Magpies. To even suggest it was a jersey from Wenty Leagues!!! I think you should all have to wear retro Wests Magpies jerseys for the entirety of your next show!
>
still fuming
>
Jen Taylor
Ingleburn, NSW
\

To: Jen Taylor
Sent: Tue, 25 May, 2010 9:47:56 AM
Subject: RE: Magpies not Maitland
>
Totally incorrect Jen,
>
The club have Wests Magpies strips, which they do wear, that are available for the public to purchase and what they wore on Friday night isn't one of them.
>
Vossy</sundayroast@nine.com.au>

Lets see if Vossy mans up

Back