Wests Tigers Jerseys

On Friday night old Rabs criticised the Tigers 'Wests Heritage' jersey and then on the Sunday Roast Andrew Voss mentioned the number of Jumpers that the Tigers trot out each year.
Does the club send out a press release emphasising why a particular Jersey is used, do they have to, I thought it was fairly self evident, last week we played at the SCG against Souths in an old Balmain themed jumper, no surprises there, Friday night against Newcastle we played in a Wests themed jumper, we are a joint venture so it's a no brainer to a Tigers fan, so to a non believer perhaps they need some education.
Personally I felt that we should have played the Roosters in the old style Magpies jumper and I don't why anyone could be critical of the Tigers this year with the number and style of Jersey, afterall it's only 4 Jumpers this year not 5 like last season when we not only had the Home and Away Jumpers but the Balmain and Magpies Jumpers but also the 10 Year White Jersey.
I know that if you're going to be the greatest fan ever you'll rush out and spend $169.95 at Rebel Sports or Peter Wynns so you can get your hand on the latest but I prefer to wait until things have died down A little and buy from ebay or wait until Peter Wynn has one of his $50.00 sales.

Heritage week is a NRL concept. Maybe these uneducated tools should query the NRL about it.

@Staks said:
Heritage week is a NRL concept. Maybe these uneducated tools should query the NRL about it.

Spot on Staks. I took great offense to Vossy and the other fruit cakes who poked, prodded and made fun at the strip that Wests Tigers played in Friday night against the Knights. How soon they forget eh? And to label the jersey as being inspired from the Wentworthville club made my blood boil. Do these ignoramus' remember how Wests Tigers came about? That game's owners forced two proud foundation clubs to forgo their history and tradition so that the game could become a true national competion? Obviously not, and 11 years on and Rugby League is still not a national competition. Every club has a minimum of 3 jerseys. A Main, an alternate and a hertiage strip. Wests Tigers have 4 because of the club is a Joint venture. What's the big deal? It allows the club to honour, pay tribute, respect and homage to both Balmain and Western Suburbs and allows old school supporters that connection with the new entity. a) It sells merchandise which leads to more revenue and b). it retains more fans which again leads to more revenue. So again, what's the big deal? Turn it up Vossy you jibberer! :angry:

Send them an email. Let em know!

<thesundayroast@nine.com.au></thesundayroast@nine.com.au>

the only people that would have liked that jersey on Friday are magpies fans

The main gripe seems to be there are too many jumpers and somehow this represents a financial burden on fans. Seriously who buys every single jumper? Personally I think more jumpers is good since you get a better choice.

@Golden said:

I'm an ex-Balmain fan and I didn't mind it. The only thing I would say is it didn't look like any ex Magpies jumper I remember but you assume the Wests directors gave it the okay.

Of course we are going to have 4 jumpers, personally I cant stand either of the Heritage jumpers we have this year ( bumble bee and pedestrian crosssing ), but 4 is the correct total according to the Nrl's wants.

I'd say thy are carrying on because it seems like we have 4 new jerseys every season.

Penrith have four as well nobody mentions that, the normal black, away blue ?????, chocolate soldiers and the pink strip.

Great to see the club honouring the past and celebrating where we came from

@Yossarian said:
@Golden said:

I'm an ex-Balmain fan and I didn't mind it. The only thing I would say is it didn't look like any ex Magpies jumper I remember but you assume the Wests directors gave it the okay.

The Heritage strip was mirroring the 1908 & 1914 Jersey's worn by the Magpies, just as the Balmain Heritage strip mirrored the 1908 & 1915 Jersey worn by the Tigers

![](http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/wests_magpies/players/1914.jpg)

@Golden said:

I hate it….give me the <big>'v'</big>

Rabs said 'looks like the just rolled in from Maitland Goal'....GOLD.... :laughing:

Of course more jersey's = more dollars from the fans....Makes sense....

@Gobbs said:
@Yossarian said:
@Golden said:

The Heritage strip was mirroring the 1908 & 1914 Jersey's worn by the Magpies, just as the Balmain Heritage strip mirrored the 1908 & 1915 Jersey worn by the Tigers

![](http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/wests_magpies/players/1914.jpg)

Thanks for that. Balmain also wore these in the mid to late 90s so that was in recent memory.

Post by Yossarian » Sun 23 May, 2010 10:11 pm
>
The main gripe seems to be there are too many jumpers and somehow this represents a financial burden on fans. **Seriously who buys every single jumper?** Personally I think more jumpers is good since you get a better choice.

Um….....me.....well every new design, not every jumper (sponsor changes).

NZTiger's signature photo shows this, it is taken from an image of my entire jersey collection.

Just think it was a joke that they used the Wests jumper against Newcastle away without any fanfare ,almost like they just wanted to get it out the way.

There should be a heritage day for the Wests side every during a home match against either Manly ,Parra or Canterury with a buld up.

@Magpie Magic said:
Just think it was a joke that they used the Wests jumper against Newcastle away without any fanfare ,almost like they just wanted to get it out the way.

There should be a heritage day for the Wests side every during a home match against either Manly ,Parra or Canterury with a buld up.

I have no doubt the Western Suburbs Heritage Strip will be worn against arch rivals the Silvertails in Round 20\. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

@Gobbs said:
I have no doubt the Western Suburbs Heritage Strip will be worn against arch rivals the Silvertails in Round 20\. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Maybe, but that game is in Gosford. Would much prefer we save it for the Penrith match at Campbelltown in round 23 as we aim to lock down 9th place.

Back