Wests Tigers players make Four Nations squads

@magpiecol said:
@innsaneink said:
@magpiecol said:
When we won the comp in 05 we had nil, zero, none, nada in the Australian team. Do not count your chickens even with Sheens as coach.

Its an extended squad at the moment
Do you really beleieve none of our players should be there?

What I believe has nothing to do with what I posted. Read it again. Weststigers won the comp and did not have any player picked in the Australian team. Fact.

I believe that Farah, Gallaway, Lawrence will be picked to tour. Woods is a smokey.

Youre wrong….wrong on both counts.
You now only mention players AFTER theyve been selected.
Prince played Australia in 05
Youre always wrong....someone else the other day described you well.

Well done & congrats to all those selected. :sign:

Congrats to Robbie, Chris, Keith and Aaron on their selection, particularly Woods who has made the transition to FG far more comfortably than any Tiger junior I can recall in recent years. He could very well push for an SOO spot next year if his form continues to improve.

@innsaneink said:
@magpiecol said:
@innsaneink said:
@magpiecol said:
When we won the comp in 05 we had nil, zero, none, nada in the Australian team. Do not count your chickens even with Sheens as coach.

What I believe has nothing to do with what I posted. Read it again. Weststigers won the comp and did not have any player picked in the Australian team. Fact.

I believe that Farah, Gallaway, Lawrence will be picked to tour. Woods is a smokey.

No one was selected in the end of the year Australian tour from the Weststigers in o5\. Wise up.

What are you talking about regarding my knowledge of selections? I still don't know who is in the Australian squad. Pin head.

Very happy for Woods! Great way to cap off his first real year in first grade.

Big Keithy is getting the recognition he deserves as well. I expect a decent amount of game time is coming his way this tour.

Farah of course has been in great form.

Lawrence is class, but has had a horrible year with injuries. Probably lucky to get a mention with his limited game time. He is destined to be a mainstay in Aus/NSW teams for a long time to come.

<big>Four Nations 2011: Heighington Called Up</big>

![](http://www.superleaguefans.com/images/content/492.jpg)

England coach Steve McNamara has called up Wests Tigers player Chris Heighington into his train-on squad ahead of the 2011 Gillette Four Nations.

Heighington, a 28-year-old loose forward who has made almost 200 appearances in the NRL, will arrive in the UK in early October to join the train-on squad which begins assembling this week.

Although born in Sydney, Heighington has dual nationality through his English father and confirmed his desire to play for England earlier this year.

“I’m delighted that Chris wants to play for England, he’s an outstanding player who I’m really looking forward to working with during the fall-out programme and perhaps beyond,” said McNamara.

“His work-rate and work ethic are first class and I’m sure those qualities will enhance the Elite Training Squad as we strive to achieve international success.

“I spoke to Chris at length when I visited Australia in the spring and it was clear that his motives in wanting to play for England were right: he’s very proud of his English roots and he wants to make a difference to the England team.”

Heighington’s father Tom emigrated to Australia in his early-20s from County Durham, an area the family have retained strong links with, including their association with the village of Heighington near Darlington.

“Playing for England is something that’s been on my mind for a good few years now and if I get the chance I’ll be very proud,” said Heighington, a Wests Tigers team-mate of established England second row Gareth Ellis.

“I’ve spoken to Gareth about it and to players like Sam Burgess and Gareth Widdop and the idea has become more exciting for me.

“When Steve came over before the start of the season we had a long chat and it became clear to me that this is what I want to do.

“I’d like to be given the opportunity to help England achieve international success and I’m sure the other England players will see that. I’m going to train hard and work hard and show everyone, not just Steve, that I’m worthy of an England jersey in the Four Nations.”

Heighington’s call-up comes just a few days after Airedale-born Brisbane Broncos centre Jack Reed pledged his allegiance to his country of birth ahead of the Four Nations in the UK later this year, when England face Australia, New Zealand and Wales.

RFL Chief Executive Nigel Wood said that whilst he understood the presence of Heighington in the England camp would fuel a debate about international selection, any arguments were purely philosophical.

“The international eligibility rules are clear and we should play by them in selecting the strongest team available to us,” said Wood.

“Other nations have used the rules to their advantage for many years now and it is right that we do the same.

“There is no change of policy: we remain committed to increasing the quantity and quality of club trained talent and our commitment to programmes like the Elite Training Squad is undiminished.”

England start their Gillette Four Nations campaign on Saturday October 29 when they take on Wales at Leigh Sports Village (2.30pm) with tickets priced at just £10 adults and £5 concessions.

The tournament moves to Wembley Stadium on Saturday November 5 when Wales face New Zealand at 1.00pm before England clash with Australia at 3.30pm.

England’s remaining game against New Zealand will be played at the KC Stadium in Hull on Saturday November 12 (6.00pm) and tickets are priced from £20 adult and £10 concession.

The 2011 Gillette Four Nations final will be played at Elland Road, Leeds on Saturday November 19 (6.00pm) and tickets are priced from £20 Adult and £10 concession.

http://www.superleaguefans.com/rugby-league/2011/09/19/four-nations-2011-heighington-called-up.html?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150319426942259_19153227_10150319478867259#ffd6977f21947

Good on him! He certainly deserves representative selection and if the Aussies are too stupid to pick him, then it's our loss and England's gain.

Congratulations to Chris…unwanted at state level he has shown his cards and gained an international callup.

I think once he gets into camp he may well turn a few heads with his work ethic and possibly gain an international rep jumper. It would be a just reward.

I imagine Suzi thats why he waited until today to announce his decision
Good luck Rhino hope you play well and lose by a point in the final to the Aussies
Will be interesting to see how he reacts under a different coach also
He may gain some new skills

Sorry magpiecol but ink is right, prince was selected in the squad and even played a test or two over in England and France, good call on woodsy as the smokey, and on another note Chris Heighington has just been named in the English train on squad.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@magpiecol said:
@magpiecol said:
@innsaneink said:
@magpiecol said:

No one was selected in the end of the year Australian tour from the Weststigers in o5\. Wise up.

What are you talking about regarding my knowledge of selections? I still don't know who is in the Australian squad. Pin head.
Col bet you a million dollars Prince was picked for the 23 man squad in 2005

@Flippedy said:
@Tiger Watto said:
@happy tiger said:
@Danos said:
Rowdy, Sauce, Faffy and… Woodsy IN :smiley:

Also Boyd, Creagh, Merrin, Morris, Scott & Soward.

Congratulations to Chris ,Keefy ,Robbie F and Woodsy
Obviously form means nothing
Fulton deserved some recognition for his great form over the last 8 weeks

There's just no spots left for Backrowers Happy… Gallen, Stewart, Thaiday will be the starting backrow and there is a few who will be ahead of Liam as reserves...

Too right Tiger Watto! Both Fulton and Heighno have been in awesome form this year, but when you look at that starting back row plus Watmough, Lewis, Bird, Creagh and Taylor then it pretty much sucks for other good back rowers, with representative aspirations, at the present time. That said, I'm thinking that one, or maybe both, of Alex Glen and Matt Gillett could snag a spot in there somewhere - very special talents those two.

I think Alex Glen's a New Zealander…?

Rookie Wests Tigers prop Aaron Woods's excellent debut NRL season has been rewarded with a call-up to the Australian Four Nations train-on squad.

Woods is joined by team-mates Chris Lawrence, Robbie Farah and Keith Galloway after the Wests Tigers' season was ended by defeat to the Warriors in last Friday's semi-final at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Meanwhile England have added yet more NRL talent to their Four Nations campaign with Wests Tigers lock Chris Heighington added to Steve McNamara's train-on squad.

Just days after luring rookie Brisbane centre Jack Reed to the Lions fold, the host nation named Heighington in their extended squad after the Tigers workhorse - who possess dual nationality due to his English father - declared his intention to play for England.

"I'm delighted that Chris wants to play for England, he's an outstanding player who I'm really looking forward to working with during the fall-out program and perhaps beyond," McNamara said.

"His work-rate and work ethic are first class and I'm sure those qualities will enhance the elite training squad as we strive to achieve international success."

Heighington is expected to be joined by Tigers teammate Gareth Ellis in the final squad, though Ellis still needs to be cleared by medical officials, while Melbourne's five-eighth Gareth Widdop is almost certain to be involved.

"Playing for England is something that's been on my mind for a good few years now and if I get the chance I'll be very proud," Heighington said.

Yeah Glenn is a kiwi.

Anyone remember how Teo was all about the Kiwis when he played for us?

@magpiecol said:

Prince made the squad. It's been said on here 100 times at least. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

![](http://img.nrl.sportal.com.au/site/_content/profile/00018829_Image.jpg)
>
Scott Prince
Date of Birth : 27 February, 1980
Height : 177 cm
Weight : 80 kg
Position : Halfback
Rep. Honours : QLD (04, 08), **<big>Kangaroos (05</big>**, 08)
Junior Clubs : Townies Mt Isa
Previous Clubs : Cowboys, Broncos, Wests Tigers.
FG Debut : Cowboys v Raiders, RD 4 1998
Club Debut : Titans v St George, RD 1 2007
http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-display&id=1226&team=Titans

We all await your humble apology, Col!

@Suzie-Q said:
Good on him! He certainly deserves representative selection and if the Aussies are too stupid to pick him, then it's our loss and England's gain.

Right on, Suzie-Q! I hope he makes the final cut, as it would be great to see him running around in an International jersey, and deservedly so - even if it isn't ours! :smiley:

Congratulations to Heighno on being selected in the England train on squad hope he makes it through to team selection and gains deserved recognition. Could be another international in our team good for Heighno and the experience will also benefit the Wests Tigers.

Back